What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Referree whinging

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
how about the one where the ball bounced a metre inside the dead ball line, Norman caught it before it bounced over the dead ball line. How did everyone miss this?
The ball was over the dead ball line when he gathered it.

jimmythehand said:
The rule book says it's a line drop-out to the Dogs, not a 20m restart.
Where?

jimmythehand

Juniors
the ball was in the air over the dead ball line, it hadn't bounced over the dead ball line.

Remember when full-backs were putting a foot on the dead ball line, and placing their hand on a grubber kick, about 3-5 years ago? it was a blight on the game, and they changed the rule. The ball is not dead -in-goal until it bounces dead in goal. If someone is dead in goal and they touch the ball, then they are ruled to have made it dead.

Big Pete

Referee
I remember that & thinking gee can he get away with that?

Would like to see the rule because nobody batted an eyelid at the time, almost thought I was seeing things.

Cowboys woo

Juniors
But haven't you heard Shane Flanagan, If the referees were fair in their rulings the Sharks would be undefeated!!

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I remember that & thinking gee can he get away with that?

Would like to see the rule because nobody batted an eyelid at the time, almost thought I was seeing things.

So would I, as the ball was already over the line when he took it, and I would assume that there's an interpretation that Norman was not going to bat it back or ground it in-goal.

firechild

First Grade
the ball was in the air over the dead ball line, it hadn't bounced over the dead ball line.

Remember when full-backs were putting a foot on the dead ball line, and placing their hand on a grubber kick, about 3-5 years ago? it was a blight on the game, and they changed the rule. The ball is not dead -in-goal until it bounces dead in goal. If someone is dead in goal and they touch the ball, then they are ruled to have made it dead.

Someone posted a link a few months ago showing all the combinations and permutations of these type of scenarios with pictures for every scenario. It was quite good at explaining the rulings.

What you are refering to was when players were standing out but reaching into the field of play (if you raise the sidelines as imaginary walls around the field). This rule has changed. If you are standing out and catch the ball on the full, it is ruled to be already out. But if the ball has bounced it is ruled as being in until it crosses the line. The ball doesn't actually have to bounce out to be ruled as already being out. I haven't seen the incident but where were Norman's feet? If they were on or over the line, then it sounds like the correct call was made.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
The refs are dictating the flow of the game.

Its criminal and almost akin to match fixing.

I hate the merkins.

Gould shouldn't be sought out to coach NSW, he should be the refs coach. Morons think they are the centrepiece of the game and their performance is what counts.

Harrigan's job will be terminated at the end of the season adn thats the best thing ever. Stu Raper is a simpleton who will follow closely after. I mean, who the f**k would give Stuey Raper a job of any description?

Last edited: