What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLWC Media Watch

innsaneink

Referee
Just watched Nines news...sports section had no mention whatsoever of the WC win. Rory McIlroy, Ashes cricket, Wallabies, A - league - College NFL...typical

Brutus

Referee
Just watched Nines news...sports section had no mention whatsoever of the WC win. Rory McIlroy, Ashes cricket, Wallabies, A - league - College NFL...typical

Serious?? What a disgrace!!!

How many Australian sporting teams get to play world cup finals in front of 75,000 people?? Not many I would suggest.

retch

Juniors
Not read the whole thread but I was watching Sky News UK and they were saying they broadcast some of the RLWC games in 3D > just noting this as 3D is dead and buried here.

Paullyboy

Coach
The Australian media would shoot their own mother if she appeared on a rival network. Sound like nine have intentionally ignored the World Cup out of pure jealousy

deluded pom?

Coach
Not read the whole thread but I was watching Sky News UK and they were saying they broadcast some of the RLWC games in 3D > just noting this as 3D is dead and buried here.

That's strange because they didn't broadcast a single WC game, 3D or otherwise, in the UK.

undertaker

Coach

Great numbers. However, would've really loved to see what the ratings would be had England won that semifinal. Atmosphere would've been much better as well.

Nevertheless, very good ratings on FTA in the UK and good to see international footy back on FTA for the next few years on BBC. Premier Sports coverage and commentary was much better than if Sky Sports had the PAYtv rights and being stuck with Eddie and Stevo

retch

Juniors
That's strange because they didn't broadcast a single WC game, 3D or otherwise, in the UK.

Just looking at their 3D page atm and the only 3D stuff they are advertising is Premier League and Darts.

I'm reasonably confident I heard the sports bloke say join us for tonight's RLWC broadcast in 3D but it appears I could have mixed it up with the Premier League.

ie > Premier League/Rugby League.

http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/3d/

Apologies for misleading the forum.

Bronco Rob

Juniors

Brisbane's Nine News had it early in the news bulletin. I've actually been reasonably pleased with 9's coverage over the tournament considering it wasn't broadcasting the games, we've got to remember it aint the Soccer WC or the Olympics.

LJC

Juniors
Multiple channel Digital TV ratings was the 2nd highest (201,000) for Saturday night in Australia.

These are very impressive figures given the timeslot of the game was 1.30am.

The world cup is a great concept and will be a TV bonanza in 2017 for Australasia.

Paullyboy

Coach
Brisbane's Nine News had it early in the news bulletin. I've actually been reasonably pleased with 9's coverage over the tournament considering it wasn't broadcasting the games, we've got to remember it aint the Soccer WC or the Olympics.

But it is the most popular sport in Brisbane by a significant margin. There is no excuse for it not being the leading sport story.

Paullyboy

Coach
Sydney is a much, much more crowded market with a lot more hipster types who will jump on the 'whatever is cool' bandwagon (before this escalates - every city has them obviously and Brisbane is certainly not immune as we saw a decade ago when the Lions were successful, but given the nature of Sydney's population it's safe to say it's more prevalent there).

docbrown

Coach
Multiple channel Digital TV ratings was the 2nd highest (201,000) for Saturday night in Australia.

These are very impressive figures given the timeslot of the game was 1.30am.

The world cup is a great concept and will be a TV bonanza in 2017 for Australasia.

Also comes as an appetiser for the next NRL negotiations meaning there may be some strong competition for the tournament.

Latest posts