What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLWC2017 Crowd Watch

Jim from Oz

Juniors

Burns

First Grade
80% sold for nearly all 3 of their matches, and a 100% chance that they will sell out before kickoff in all respects.

I don’t think we have anything at all, in the slightest to worry about with PNG.

Now NZ’s opening game against Samoa on the other hand ...

Billythekid

First Grade
Great … but … I honestly thought all PNG games would sell out instantly … are prices too high???

All 3 of their matches look to be sold out before the tournament even begins. To have already come that close to selling out when the rest of the tournament has barely sold any tickets shows how high the demand is.

I don't see how that would indicate prices are too high.

Jim from Oz

Juniors
All 3 of their matches look to be sold out before the tournament even begins. To have already come that close to selling out when the rest of the tournament has barely sold any tickets shows how high the demand is.

I don't see how that would indicate prices are too high.
yep … point taken.

Jim from Oz

Juniors
Now NZ’s opening game against Samoa on the other hand ...

… should be selling like hotcakes … NZ v Samoa at RLWC 2013 was one of the games of the tournaments … it could be branded as "NZ State of Origin" (using a bit of poetic licence etc) … I would LOVE to go to this game … surely Aucklanders will fill the stadium to capacity for this game … won't they???

Billythekid

First Grade
… should be selling like hotcakes … NZ v Samoa at RLWC 2013 was one of the games of the tournaments … it could be branded as "NZ State of Origin" (using a bit of poetic licence etc) … I would LOVE to go to this game … surely Aucklanders will fill the stadium to capacity for this game … won't they???

I agree that it looks like a very exciting game. There just isn't much excitement around the game in NZ at the moment. I'm not confident of any of the games getting big crowds.

Hopefully the locals show up because it deserves a good crowd.

yakstorm

First Grade
I feel New Zealand v Samoa won't be a complete disaster based upon what I have seen / can see on the Ticketek NZ website. Going based upon what we can see is capacity in each of the on sale bays and knowing which Bays have gone off-sale / sold out we have:

Eastern Side: Lower
Bay 26 : 5% Sold (242 Seats)
Bay 27 : Unavailable (425 Seats)
Bay 28 : 5% Sold (425 Seats)
Bay 29 : 50% Sold (387 Seats)
Bay 30 : 99% Sold (212 Seats)
Bay 31 : 90% Sold (387 Seats)
Bay 32 : 10% Sold (425 Seats)
Bay 33 : Unavailable (425 Seats)
Bay 34 : 20% Sold (242 Seats)

Eastern Side: Upper
Bay 35 : 15% Sold (302 Seats)
Bay 36 : Unavailable (530 Seats)
Bay 37 : 70% Sold (477 Seats)
Bay 38 : 80% Sold (484 Seats)
Bay 39: Sold Out (384 Seats)
Bay 40 : 99% Sold (484 Seats)
Bay 41 : 50% Sold (477 Seats)
Bay 42 : Unavailable (530 Seats)
Bay 43 : 40% Sold (303 Seats)

Colin Kay Side: Lower
Bay 17 : Unavailable (544 Seats)
Bay 16 : Unavailable (344 Seats)
Bay 15 : 90% Sold (432 Seats)
Bay 14 : Sold Out (426 Seats)
Bay 13 : Sold Out (259 Seats)
Bay 12 : 95% Sold (566 Seats)
Bay 11 : Unavailable (413 Seats)
Bay 10 : Unavailable (488 Seats)

Colin Kay Side: Upper
Bay 9 : Unavailable (412 Seats)
Bay 8 : Unavailable (529 Seats)
Bay 7 : Unavailable (428 Seats)
Bay 6 : 95% Sold (314 Seats)
Bay 5 : Sold Out (314 Seats)
Bay 4 : 99% Sold (434 Seats)
Bay 3 : 95% Sold (475 Seats)
Bay 2 : Unavailable (529 Seats)
Bay 1 : Unavailable (136 Seats)

South End:
Bay 25 : 99% Full (336 Seats)
Bay 24 : 85% Full (456 Seats)
Bay 23 : 95% Full (504 Seats)
Bay 22 : 70% Full (456 Seats)
Bay 21 : 95% Full (504 Seats)
Bay 20 : 99% Full (456 Seats)
Bay 19 : Sold Out (336 Seats)

That adds up to over 9,000 sold... Now on the Colin Kay side of the Grand Stand, I'm pretty sure that some of Bay's 1,2,7,8,9, 10, 11, 16 and 17 have been sold as well. These Bays were on sale previously and now aren't, which could mean they were partially sold, or could even be sold out.

They add up to around a 3,800 delta which could be already allocated and brings us closer to a healthier 13K at a best case scenario.

Now for me, it is concerning that neither the North Bank or the second tier of the South Stand are on sale. Considering how well the lower tier of the South End is selling, it would be well worth the RLWC team just opening these areas up if that is where the pre-sales are happening... Naturally I get their aim is to fill the core areas of the TV arc first... but still at this stage, a sale is a sale...

Burns

First Grade
Hmm, Yak I'm not sure. (Btw, those are incredible posts, always appreciate reading!)

Take Bay 37 and 43 for example. The back ends of the Bays are completely unavailable, but it appears that are giant block sections. I wouldn't be surprised if they simply haven't been allocated for sale yet in order to fill up the front sections of the Bays.

This happened in the 4N last year where sections of the stadium were never placed on sale. I get that it is to fill up the TV side, but would always think it better to give people choice. For instance the Upper Western stand for the Opening game in Melbourne has been completely unavailable since tickets went on sale.

yakstorm

First Grade
Fair point Burns, it's not uncommon for only part Bays to be put on sale, or for only every second row to be on sale (which you can see very clearly for the Allianz Stadium games).

Hmm that's even less promising then... How big is the Samoan community in Auckland? If they are like the Samoan community in Sydney they are traditionally late purchasers, so that could still save this game...

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
Fair point Burns, it's not uncommon for only part Bays to be put on sale, or for only every second row to be on sale (which you can see very clearly for the Allianz Stadium games).

Hmm that's even less promising then... How big is the Samoan community in Auckland? If they are like the Samoan community in Sydney they are traditionally late purchasers, so that could still save this game...

I think once the nrl finishes the focus will switch to the World Cup. I recall last time the kiwis played Samoa in Auckland for a warm up game they got about 13,000. This was because they flooded the market with $10 tickets.

To be fair they got 16,000 for the game in Northland in the 2014 four nations..so they can sell it. I remember loads of Samoan fans travelled from Auckland so hopefully they do the same for the World Cup.

I still can't believe the Tonga vs Samoa game is in Hamilton. The council must of paid big bucks for it...should of been in Auckland.

Pommy

Coach
Anyone received tickets yet? Ordered mine for England v Lebanon a few weeks ago and nothing.

yakstorm

First Grade
Remaining seats in PNG:

PNG v Wales:

Eastern Stand: 920 (Was 1,033)
South Stand: 128 (Was 159)
North Stand: 25 (Was 132)
West Wings: 2,445 (Was 2,458)
Grandstand: 1 (Was 7)
Total: 3,519 (Was 3,789)

PNG v Ireland:
Eastern Stand: 2,806
South Stand: 246
North Stand: 246
West Wings: 2,641
Grandstand: 265
Total: 6,204

PNG v USA:
Eastern Stand: 2,856
South Stand: 439
North Stand: 305
West Wings: 2,436
Grandstand: 266
Total: 6,302

Coparugby

Juniors
Very low profile here in Canberra.

Some of my friends have only just realised it is on.

It might take a few more World Cups before it breaks through to become a well known and highly anticipated event.

adamkungl

Immortal
Very low profile here in Canberra.

Some of my friends have only just realised it is on.

It might take a few more World Cups before it breaks through to become a well known and highly anticipated event.

Until nations start playing more than 2-3 games a year international RL will struggle to be an anticipated event

Latest posts