What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLWC2017 Crowd Watch

Burns

First Grade
The central bottom Western and some Eastern bays just went back on sale for the Opener in Melbourne.

I thought they were all sold out. Huge huge worrying sign. Many seats not sold yet. We are only 30 days away.

yakstorm

First Grade
Hopefully the RLWC team leverage the Grand Final to move some tickets, there is still enough time to sell out some of these venues, although it is getting harder and harder each day.

Surprised by Copa's comments about Canberra, for Australia v France in particular it's not looking too bad on Ticketek for sales. Same with the games in Hamilton...

That said opening weekend is most important. If solid crowds turn up for those games, the remaining games will sell well.

I very much doubt it. In fact I'd say with pretty much full confidence that the next Aus WC will be 2029.
I wouldn't be confident of anything 12 months away never mind 12 years. If the 2021 WC is more successful than 2017, and it should be, I could imagine it going back to UK/Europe in 2029, but quite frankly it's not even worth pondering. The whole sport will probably cease to exist before then. It'll be touch or something.

adamkungl

Immortal
Hopefully the RLWC team leverage the Grand Final to move some tickets, there is still enough time to sell out some of these venues, although it is getting harder and harder each day.

Surprised by Copa's comments about Canberra, for Australia v France in particular it's not looking too bad on Ticketek for sales. Same with the games in Hamilton...

That said opening weekend is most important. If solid crowds turn up for those games, the remaining games will sell well.

I think people here are being typically negative. Expecting sell outs months in advance. Face it we aren't the Rugby or FIFA WCs and won't be close for some time, with years and decades of work. That isn't to say it's shit or pointless but keep expectations in check.
The only expectation should be a healthy improvement on 2013 and 2008.

Pommy

Coach
I wouldn't be worrying about sales of tickets to islander games yet. I don't think its unfair to say that many (not all) people in those communities are doing it tough and buying tickets to games months/weeks in advance is not going to be the top of their priorities. Im sure come the actual games they will be lining up to get tickets, there was certainly heaps of people lining up for cash tickets at the pacific test.

Emu01

Juniors
Yes I agree. I'm attending a game in Townsville.We booked accommodation ages ago,but only today did I start organising tickets for the game.

As soon as the grand final is over people will turn their attention to the World Cup.

taipan

Referee
FWIW.The emphasis is on the NRL grand final and its promo work.
Once that is done and dusted,I'm sure the RLWC marketing will be ratcheted up.Let 's face it there is still plenty of time to save and buy tickets if need be.
I'd be panicking if we were a week out ,with no big NRL event to steal the spotlight.

Pommy

Coach
Tickets just arrived for England Lebanon a combination of Sydney not getting games and me going away for business/holiday means that’s probably the only game I will get to sadly.

adamkungl

Immortal
Tickets just arrived for England Lebanon a combination of Sydney not getting games and me going away for business/holiday means that’s probably the only game I will get to sadly.

Day trip to Canberra on the Sunday before for France v Lebanon could be a goer

Latest posts