What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rocksmith

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Yeah I've just been reading a few of the reviews and they do seem very positive. Only complaints seem to be regarding latency.

I never played the first one so I'm not sure how bad it gets. My setup has split audio and video anyway so hopefully it won't be a problem.

Looking forward to picking it up tomorrow.

Munky

Coach
I bought a $70 Logitec speaker system for the first game to remove latency. Did the job.

bileduct

Coach
I pre ordered this mofo on Steam to get the free bonus tune (Cherub Rock). It will start downloading in a few hours.

Might be a few hours late to work tomorrow.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I plan on getting the guitar bundle. I already have a guitar but would like to leave it in B tuning and always wanted a second guitar that I could keep in E.

Comes with the following bonus songs too:

Them Crooked Vultures – Mind Eraser, No Chaser
Queens Of The Stone Age – My God Is The Sun
Chicago – 25 Or 6 To 4
Albert King – The Sky Is Crying
The Hives – Hate To Say I Told You So
The Lumineers – Ho Hey

bileduct

Coach
Just a word of advice to people getting this through Steam. It's a UbiSoft game and as such will require the UPlay client, as was the case with Far Cry 3. Launching from Steam will just bring up the UPlay client (or install it if it has not been installed already).

bileduct

Coach
Is it Bass Guitar capable? Would you recommend it to an absolute beginner?
Yes, and yes.

It is essentially a learning tool with game elements, and it's a shitload of fun. My playing has improved dramatically since the first Rocksmith came out.

Munky

Coach
Acquired the game at lunch from JB for $70 including cable which is a pretty good deal.

Having a second cable means me and a mate can rock out together.

The guy at the counter said it was selling pretty well which is great to hear.

nöyd

Staff member
just watched the intro video on youtube, looks a little daunting for a noob like me.

would love to give it a go one day though

bileduct

Coach
Mate, trust me, it's not. I've had people around that have never played guitar in their life and they managed to be able to play it.

The difficulty starts off very low, requiring you to play only a subset of the full song. As you start to perfect each section or riff it adds more notes and the difficulty increases until you are playing the song as it is heard.

There are also simple songs and complex songs. For instance, I would recommend starting off with something relatively simple like Blur - Song 2 or Queens of the Stone Age - Go With The Flow (both from Rocksmith 1) before attempting to play Megadeth - Hangar 18.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Only got to play a little bit last night. Couldn't decide what to do first!

Ended up learning a bit of that Arctic Monkey's song. Then got smashed by cemetery gates.

Munky

Coach
It is annoying that my primary guitar is a Strat as it makes retuning for individual songs pretty unfeasible due to the floating bridge.

luckily my back up axe is the Epiphone featured on the games packaging.

On the game front they have really improved the tones and the switching is awesome.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I'm actually pretty impressed with the Epiphone that the guitar bundle came with.

I wasn't expecting much but is a solid build and plays well. Low spec but gets the job done. Would definitely recommend as an entry level guitar.