What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rocksmith

bileduct

Coach
I'm actually pretty impressed with the Epiphone that the guitar bundle came with.

I wasn't expecting much but is a solid build and plays well. Low spec but gets the job done. Would definitely recommend as an entry level guitar.
How well does it stay in tune? Are they similar in weight to a Gibson Les Paul?

I might get the bundle just for a second usb cable and the guitar. I initially didn't think much of the Epiphone Les Paul Jr because they have bolt on necks and one pickup, but there is way more tuning involved in Rocksmith 2014 and I would prefer to just swap guitars.

Or I might get my act together and finally get a PRS.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
How well does it stay in tune? Are they similar in weight to a Gibson Les Paul?

I might get the bundle just for a second usb cable and the guitar. I initially didn't think much of the Epiphone Les Paul Jr because they have bolt on necks and one pickup, but there is way more tuning involved in Rocksmith 2014 and I would prefer to just swap guitars.

Or I might get my act together and finally get a PRS.

I've only played a couple of hours on it but it has stayed in tune. Not sure about the weight comparison as I haven't played with a Gibson before (my only other Guitar is a B.C. Rich Warlock).

My housemate is an experienced guitarist and used to play in metal bands......he was pretty surprised with it's quality too.

But effectively you're only paying an extra 150 for it and comes with a strap, standard lead, usb cable, picks and some extra songs. So not too bad for a cheap second guitar.

bileduct

Coach
Just picked up a guitar bundle. Not a bad little guitar, and a shitload lighter than my Gibson LP. Time to test it out.

bileduct

Coach
Holy shit, Session Mode in this is incredible. You can pick a style, the key you want to play in, and then just jam away while the virtual band members adjust to your tempo and playing.

Just started playing the Guitarcade stuff as well, lots of fun and totally lesson oriented.

Love the guitar too. I'm definitely getting a new strap and some strap locks, and will probably replace the nut with bone and give it a custom paint job one day.

nöyd

Staff member
Just bought the guitar bundle, keen for the weekend now so I can get some decent zzzz's and then put in a big session learning this thing from the very start

bileduct

Coach
Alice in Chains and Iron Maiden DLC packs are out in case anyone missed them!

The Alice in Chains pack is a bit hit and miss, but the Iron Maiden tunes are all classics. 2 Minutes To Midnight, Aces High, Fear of the Dark, The Number of the Beast and Run To The Hills. Awesome!

Munky

Coach
The Iron Maiden pack looks good.

I'm kind of peeved that songs are $4 a pop. They were $3 with the original and $2 when on special. I bought heaps in the lead up to RS2014 when they were on special.

The game is currently GOTY for me. Will be super amazing when they patch the bugs deleting mastery and messing with the sound. Hopefully they fix the tuner too.

Big Tim

First Grade
How difficult would this be to pick up for someone who slapped some bass about 10 years ago?

I saw it on Good Game and struggled to keep up with what all the symbols meant..... I guess it would be like GH where you adjust to 'readin' the screen.

Want to give it a whirl but dont know if I can really afford to get it with GT6 and a baby due in December.

bileduct

Coach
How difficult would this be to pick up for someone who slapped some bass about 10 years ago?

I saw it on Good Game and struggled to keep up with what all the symbols meant..... I guess it would be like GH where you adjust to 'readin' the screen.

Want to give it a whirl but dont know if I can really afford to get it with GT6 and a baby due in December.
It is as easy as piss, but the one investment you do need to make to get the most out of it is time, just like guitar practise in general.

I agree with munky... this is GOTY for me.

bileduct

Coach
I thought things were a bit slow on the DLC front, but I just checked in today and noticed they released a Muse pack.

It has Hysteria, Time is Running Out, Supermassive Black Hole, Stockholm Syndrome and Muscle Museum. Awesome!

There's also a Golden Bomber pack, with Memeshikute, Earphone and Death Mental.

Munky

Coach
They release DLC weekly, unfortunately songs are now $4 where as they were $3 before RS 2014 launched.

In the six months leading up to RS 2014 they would have songs on sale for two weeks at a time for $2 each so purchased a shitload of DLC.

For RS 2014 I picked up The Seeker by The Who, which has been one of my favourite songs since playing it in Guitar Hero III all those years ago.

EDIT: Just realised I repeated my last post from November...

I just wish they would fix the inaccurate tuner.

bileduct

Coach
Oasis DLC out.

Wonderwall (first song to require a capo that I've come across), Some Might Say, Live Forever, Supersonic, Champagne Supernova.

Not really an Aerosmith fan so wasn't too fussed about getting that one.

Last edited:

Pierced Soul

First Grade
wish i'd paid more attention to this thread and the game earlier....

how much were the guitar bundles for 2014? i've had a brief look online and everywhere seems sold out so i have no idea what the pricing was like for it

-----------edit

found a bundle from eb online for xbox360 so i've ordered that. $248 plus $9 something for shipping

bileduct - i expect to be as good as kirk hammett within a month

Last edited:

Pierced Soul

First Grade
was playing through the lessons. never played guitar but i have played bass (poorly) so am familiar with some concepts. when i was doing the power chord tutorial, when they said "try this" i did it fine, when it came to hitting both chords though it wouldnt register as being right. they'd slow it down tell me i was on the wrong string/fret (i know i wasnt) and wouldnt let me pass. did this a few times then gave up on it.

was weird. pretty sure i'm only meant to hit the 2 strings the notes are on for the chord right?