What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters sign Luke Dorn

Raider_69 said:
just on the 10 year roosters.... some i can believe but finch will go where the money is IMO...... this bloke also claimed that he wanted to play his career out at canberra.....

Yup and when times got tough he showed his true colours and couldn't get outta Canberra fast enough.

Raider_69

Post Whore
here is what i have, i selected players that i would have considered nobodies 3 years ago, i couldnt find out and info that specified what year the contract was signed, just years left:

C Flannary - 2005
A Minichello - 2006
M Crocker - 2005
S Hegarty - 2005
C Robinson - 2004
R Cross - 2004
N Catic - 2003
C Fitzgibbon - 2005
T Byrne - 2003
P Cusack - 2004
C Wing - 2005

IMO these results indicate 4 things to me
1. majority of these players would have signed around between 2000-2001

2. the rooster face an up hill battle of retaining these players in the coming years

3. roosters fans may be spot on about there cap issues. my research indicates that these players could and would probably be on didly sqat atm

4. to retain all of these players + people like finch and morley the rooster would have to go over the cap IMO thus why gould is pushing a cap increase
---------------------------------------------------------------

feel free to add you concludsions

Raider_69 said:
here is what i have, i selected players that i would have considered nobodies 3 years ago, i couldnt find out and info that specified what year the contract was signed, just years left:

C Flannary - 2005
A Minichello - 2006
M Crocker - 2005
S Hegarty - 2005
C Robinson - 2004
R Cross - 2004
N Catic - 2003
C Fitzgibbon - 2005
T Byrne - 2003
P Cusack - 2004
C Wing - 2005

2. the rooster face an up hill battle of retaining these players in the coming years

3. roosters fans may be spot on about there cap issues. my research indicates that these players could and would probably be on didly sqat atm

4. to retain all of these players + people like finch and morley the rooster would have to go over the cap IMO thus why gould is pushing a cap increase

Now can we please get off the Cap bandwagon. It's wearing a bit thin.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Catatonic_Omnivore said:
It's aimed at everyone out there who continues to make claims with no basis at all.

thats good, but i think its fair to say that if these playersare re-signed they would HAVE to be over the cap, even taking into account that fittler will be retiring

Kiwi

First Grade
I for one am sick of doing this ](*,) hearing rooster fans saying this O:) whilst Gould is doing this :cry: with the roosters behind him going :-$ , and the auditers going :-s about the cap. Nothing will change, the Roosters will continue to buy who they choose, outbid everyone etc etc.

Raider_69 said:
Catatonic_Omnivore said:
It's aimed at everyone out there who continues to make claims with no basis at all.

thats good, but i think its fair to say that if these playersare re-signed they would HAVE to be over the cap, even taking into account that fittler will be retiring
Look. Given what the Bulldogs went through, it is not in the best interest of the club to even contemplate going over the cap. What the Bulldogs did was moronic and serves as an example to all clubs.

And No, I don't think its fair to say that if "these players" re-sign they would be over the cap. Remuneration from contracts are between the club and the player & players manager. Total cost of player contracts are between the NRL and the clubs. Outside of that, no one can form any basis whatsoever on whether a club is over the cap.

Kiwi said:
I for one am sick of doing this ](*,) hearing rooster fans saying this O:) whilst Gould is doing this :cry: with the roosters behind him going :-$ , and the auditers going :-s about the cap. Nothing will change, the Roosters will continue to buy who they choose, outbid everyone etc etc.
Classic case of why selective breeding could be a good thing.

Kiwi

First Grade
Catatonic_Omnivore said:
Kiwi said:

I agree to some degree, but then there would be no more rooster fans to hassle.

Kiwi said:
Catatonic_Omnivore said:
Kiwi said:

Hmm...
A Kiwi from QLD??? You must like sheep with Tan lines.

Chook

First Grade
And the one point that stands out that all the Rooster baggers seem to have missed is that, if we have the smartest accountants in the league and we are indeed scamming the cap, do you all honeslty think we would be stupid enough to call attention to ourselves like this? :roll:

Chook.

Bengal

Juniors
iggy plop said:
rossy said:
Grothe is definatley back at Parramatta next year.

Luke Phillips is retired, but i guess he would still fall under this years contract.

Since he's retired due to injury I think you'll find that he is NOT included in the cap. You need to consider that a lot of these blokes have been at the Roosters long term and have been nurtured by the club into being top-liners. Lomu, Flanno, Crocker, Mini, Toddy & Heggs for example. Flanno re-signed long term before he was a SOO rep. Walker was picked up for next to nothing, while Cayless, Robinson, Fitzgibbon & Catic weren't getting a start at their clubs and were either bench players or reserve graders.

The tired old Roosters must be over the cap rumours have been found to be baseless and have seen lots of rugby league forums go to the great forum in the sky. If you have substantial evidence to support these claims, provide it to the NRL so they can investigate it further. Starting rumours like these can only shut down the few avenues for this type of discussion we have left.

I guess it's up to you...

By the way, have you done the sums on the Knights and the Broncos?

Precious little sh*t. These are forums are for discussion of all sorts of things. People have all sorts of ideas and conspiracys they want to discuss. What a shame a precious little club like the Roosters and a couple of its "i'm going to dob" fans can't cop other fans' genuine concerns.

hope you pricks lose on the weekend.

Iggy Pop what a laugh! That is classic. What a high and mighty attitude rossy has!

Claytons Premiers I hear.

That’s a saying I’ve only heard recently.

El dumbarse and El stupid. At the very least the roosters are funny.

Talking about being dumb, can anyone please explain to me why a club is paying the salary of player that is no longer playing at that club (Todd Payton for example?)

Catatonic_Omnivore what the Bulldogs did last year was indeed moronic, but I reckon it was one of the best things that has ever happened to this game.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Bengal said:
Talking about being dumb, can anyone please explain to me why a club is paying the salary of player that is no longer playing at that club (Todd Payton for example?)

Aren't the Roosters doing the same with Paul Green?

Bengal

Juniors
Yes but why?

Why pay a player thst is no longer playing for the club that pays his salary?

Why if he's been paid by that club is he able to play for another club?

What gives?

Kiwi

First Grade
Catatonic_Omnivore said:
Kiwi said:
Catatonic_Omnivore said:
Kiwi said:

Hmm...
A Kiwi from QLD??? You must like sheep with Tan lines.

Yeah it's called roast lamb, what you like to do with your lamb is between you and the poor lamb don't drag me into your sick fantasies

Grantwhy

Juniors
Raider_69 said:

C Flannary - 2005
A Minichello - 2006
M Crocker - 2005
S Hegarty - 2005
C Robinson - 2004
R Cross - 2004
N Catic - 2003
C Fitzgibbon - 2005
T Byrne - 2003
P Cusack - 2004
C Wing - 2005

Sounds about right but we should also remember that when Canberra went over the cap back in the early 90's it was not because the initial contracts were high but because of performance bonuses included in their contracts ($$$ extra if you play State of Origin/Tests/reach the finals/win the Grand Final).

As just about every player's contract includes these bonuses how would that affect the Roosters at the moment and for next year?

Catatonic_Omnivore said:
Raider_69 said:
Catatonic_Omnivore said:

Look. Given what the Bulldogs went through, it is not in the best interest of the club to even contemplate going over the cap. What the Bulldogs did was moronic and serves as an example to all clubs.

And No, I don't think its fair to say that if "these players" re-sign they would be over the cap. Remuneration from contracts are between the club and the player & players manager. Total cost of player contracts are between the NRL and the clubs. Outside of that, no one can form any basis whatsoever on whether a club is over the cap.

That's why there needs to be some to other system of distributing the talent between the clubs in order to create what everyone wants in a more equitable competition. If all the major stakeholders agree and commit to a draft or something similar or transparent, then it wouldn't be a restraint of trade. The current system is unworkable and leads to inequalities and the perception of rorting that everyone is arguing about here.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Grantwhy said:
Raider_69 said:

C Flannary - 2005
A Minichello - 2006
M Crocker - 2005
S Hegarty - 2005
C Robinson - 2004
R Cross - 2004
N Catic - 2003
C Fitzgibbon - 2005
T Byrne - 2003
P Cusack - 2004
C Wing - 2005

Sounds about right but we should also remember that when Canberra went over the cap back in the early 90's it was not because the initial contracts were high but because of performance bonuses included in their contracts ($$$ extra if you play State of Origin/Tests/reach the finals/win the Grand Final).

As just about every player's contract includes these bonuses how would that affect the Roosters at the moment and for next year?

well now thats something i didnt consider...... i recon a fewmight be on these types of contracts

Latest posts