What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 - Titans vs Rabbitohs: Saturday 11th June 3pm @Cbus Super Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Back into it!! Yup, back into the work and back into the exciting grind as the bye week is now over and we look towards our clash with the Titans Saturday afternoon on the Gold Coast. Hope the boys have rested up and refreshed over the past week but no doubt they'll be ready to rip in again. They'll need to rip in as well because this is a very important game for us and our Season. We need to show that Round 12 was a turning point for us and really go on with it from here, that starts on Saturday.

The Titans are really struggling at the moment, there's no doubt about that. They have guys not performing and some injury woes to some of their biggest stars. However, I still don't see this as an easy, clear-cut win for us. I have no doubt the Titans will see this as their Grand Final and will come out super fired up and desperate which can be dangerous. We need to watch the likes of Brimson, their powerful outside backs like Thompson, Kelly and Isaako, as well as a decent pack lead by Fotuaika and Fa'asuamaleaui (if he backs up). So despite how they're going and who they're missing, there's still some real firepower and strike there no doubt. What's more, they're at home.

In saying that, I feel like this is a game we should really be winning if we want to be top eight, top six or top four. I mean no disrespect to the Titans when I say that. The thing is, how many times have we said that this year and lost? Need to make sure that doesn't happen again, It's time to really go on a run now, get through this Origin period and accelerate towards September (hopefully). As I said earlier, we really need to show that Round 12 was the turning point and we're a different team now. I hope we can prove that correct in the coming weeks. The Blueprint for this game is simple, complete your sets and keep that defence tight. Keep it simple and do that, then I'm confident a result will follow. However, if we fail to do those simple things like we have in the past, then it will really open the door for the Titans. On another note, we may be missing a few guys as I don't expect Cookie and Cam to back up from Origin but hopefully Latrell is back as that will be huge!

Excited to be back into it and excited for the week ahead. We have a decent record in trips to the Gold Coast so let's hope that continues! Bring on Saturday!!

callmack1

Staff member

Rabbits20

Immortal
Christian Niccoulsi in the SMH:

It is understood only rookie outside back Isaiah Tass is the only player to be struck down by COVID.

Kodi Nikorima trained at fullback on Monday while Ben Lovett was given a run in the back row and closing in on an NRL debut

callmack1

Staff member
Here's my predicted line up for Round 14 against the Titans,

1. Nikorima
2. Johnston
3. Milne
4. Graham
5. Paulo
6. Walker
7. Ilias
8. Tatola
9. Cook
10. Burgess
11. Koloamatangi
12. Arrow
13. Murray (C)

14. Taaffe
15. Sele
16. Havili
17. Nicholls

I don't expect there to be many changes from Round 12. Cookie and Cam will be named for now I reckon but I don't think they'll back up. I don't think they should back up either because by the end of Round 15, they would have played three games in nine days. However, they will probably be named.

If they don't back up, then Mamouzelos to hooker and Sele into lock with someone like Mitchell, Lovett or Peoples coming onto the bench.

Rabbits20

Immortal
So proud of Tom playing his 200th game for us wow what a massive achievement. We had better re-sign him. There were whispers a few weeks ago we might not which would make me very angry. He’s so important to our go forward and being a big body out there. He’s given everything in him to Souths since day one and has plenty more to give.

Hellray

Juniors
Again Nikorima did nothing to excite me at FB but agree with the team winning changes won’t be made.
I also had a thought Lovett may be promoted to a debut soon, if murray doesn’t back up it’s the perfect opportunity for him to get a bench spot

Rabbits20

Immortal
Again Nikorima did nothing to excite me at FB but agree with the team winning changes won’t be made.
I also had a thought Lovett may be promoted to a debut soon, if murray doesn’t back up it’s the perfect opportunity for him to get a bench spot
Lovett missed 4 tackles in reserve grade last week and a few errors he’s still got lots of work to do on his game.

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs Line Up For Round 14 Against Titans: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/06/07/rabbitohs-squad-for-round-14-vs-the-titans/

So good to have team list Tuesday back after the bye and the team is named almost as expected so I'm pretty happy with it! The only real surprise was Mamouzelos in the 14 instead of Taaffe. However, when you think about, it makes sense because that means Cookie probably will play but he'll most likely only get 40 minutes or something. I'm cool with that.

Probably the only thing I'm not sold on is Milne at center. Would like to see Tass given another go to be honest.

The rest of the side is as expected with all Origin players named. Remains to be seen if they get through tomorrow night yet, let alone if they back up.

Pretty decent side! Hurry up and get here Saturday!!

Hellray

Juniors
Tass has been horrible on the defensive side of the game. It’s the only thing holding him out at this stage. I’m not saying Milne is better but for now is still the better option

Hellray

Juniors
Lovett missed 4 tackles in reserve grade last week and a few errors he’s still got lots of work to do on his game.
That hasn’t stopped them bringing him into the squad to start getting him prepped to debut soon, but they haven’t fast tracked him through to reserve grade if the intention wasn’t to have him play in the top squad.

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs Insider 2022 Round 14: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/06/08/rabbitohs-insider-2022-round-14/

Awesome episode that one!!

Also, a question after last night. Do Cookie and Cam back up on Saturday? My thinking is that Cookie probably shouldn't. He made 51 tackles and that would take it's toll in an Origin match for sure. Pistol Pete will do a fine job at hooker in his absence. In regards to Cam, I think he's a chance to back up but play limited minutes. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Latest posts