What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 v The Sharks

Girds89

Bench
A lot of comments about Kenny's improvement.

It's not entirely surprising. He is playing much longer minutes this year on a consistent basis.

To be completely honest...

Has kenny improved?? Or is he just doing what he always has??

Everyone has kept saying how much hes improved...

I havent noticed anything he wasnt doing last year..

Hes always been an elite defender... his fitness has always been elite.... hes always had good service.

Its not like hes running it all of a sudden or creating tries...

I think people maybe are just suprised we are doing so well without api there and put it down to a huge improvement from kenny..

I tend to think what you see is what your going to get with mitch.. i think he hit his ceiling 12 months ago... but hes super reliable and an intergral part of our defensive team mindset and structure.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Training takes you a long way. It doesn't replace time on the field in a real match.

Whether it's 7 minutes or 70 it's more beneficial than the training paddock.
Now that’s an example of a Red Hot Pile Of Garbage.

If that was true, we’d just play games instead of training.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
And if kenny geta a hia and is gone in the first 5 mins of a final and luke has to play 75mins?????

Your logic is so soo soo far off the mark haha..

The fact you think him training is enough to be prepared is laughable...

Anyone worth anything whose done anything in the game would know training only goes so far. The best form of preparation is playing...

I domt even know if your being serious such is the stupidty of the argument
Soni Luke would have no problems playing 80mins if he had too.

We don’t need to re-arrange our game strategy’s to get him extra time.

Girds89

Bench
Now that’s an example of a Red Hot Pile Of Garbage.

If that was true, we’d just play games instead of training.

Youve officially lost the plot mate haha..

No one is saying training isnt important

You just cant replicate game intensity at training.. thats common knowledge.. doesnt matter how hard you go...

Put it this way.... even if by some chance ivan said to the boys.... i want everyone to go as hard as you can in this opposed session... i dont care about injuries... i want game day level intensity....

Even if that happened... and its a big if... but if it did...

They are still lining up against the nsw cup team...

So hows that replicate nrl quality game experience??

Luke Bowden

First Grade
And if kenny geta a hia and is gone in the first 5 mins of a final and luke has to play 75mins?????

Your logic is so soo soo far off the mark haha..

The fact you think him training is enough to be prepared is laughable...

Anyone worth anything whose done anything in the game would know training only goes so far. The best form of preparation is playing...

I domt even know if your being serious such is the stupidty of the argument
What you two are both talking about Is conditioning a player to play long minutes, week in week out of the NRL.

That’s not what Soni Luke is playing, so that’s not what he needs to be conditioned to.

Fangs

Coach
Seems that way.
It’s not exactly rocket science though.

Not keen on long arguments we can end it.

You are right about training. It's very important, you can't have one without the other. Its more than just conditioning however. Combinations for instance. 100% it starts at training but you want it happening in the real game too.

As Girds said with the cricket analogy. Hitting them well in the nets isn't the same thing.

Girds89

Bench
What you two are both talking about Is conditioning a player to play long minutes, week in week out of the NRL.

That’s not what Soni Luke is playing, so that’s not what he needs to be conditioned to.

To quote the great gus gould...

No no no no no

Hahah.

Fmd. Him getting mins in a game thatsin the bag is about building confidence.. getting mins in the legs and reps up in a game situation and not on the training paddock...

Its about letting him test himself for more than 10mins... its all well and good you saying he could play 75 if kenny goes down but surely... i mean ffs surely youd feel better knowing hed had 5 or 6 cracks at 30mins stints in nothing games at least... to build his confidence...

I mean the fact your saying he could play 70 mins is really bs. How cpuld anyone know that... add up all his fg mins and hes played about 6 games total of nrl....

Conditioning happens at training... gameday is about putting everything youve done at training to work on the field..

If luke isnt getting the chance to do that than there is a huge risk that he could be needed in a final and he hasnt had any exposure all year..

I mean... he hasnt been on in any pressure situations this year... ivan brings him on when its over...

Imagine him having to come on in a pressure moment in a final after getting 20 10mins stints in a dead game all year

Girds89

Bench

You are right about training. It's very important, you can't have one without the other. Its more than just conditioning however. Combinations for instance. 100% it starts at training but you want it happening in the real game too.

As Girds said with the cricket analogy. Hitting them well in the nets isn't the same thing.

Youre a better man than me. I find it hard not to bite..

But his argument is possibly the dumbest thing ive ever read on here or pi

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Youve officially lost the plot mate haha..

No one is saying training isnt important

You just cant replicate game intensity at training.. thats common knowledge.. doesnt matter how hard you go...

Put it this way.... even if by some chance ivan said to the boys.... i want everyone to go as hard as you can in this opposed session... i dont care about injuries... i want game day level intensity....

Even if that happened... and its a big if... but if it did...

They are still lining up against the nsw cup team...

So hows that replicate nrl quality game experience??
Just stick watching fox mate. There is

You’re not listening to me, or you’re not understanding me.

The cricket analogy is dumb. It doesn’t work.

Kenny is our Hooker, for all the reasons you have mentioned and with things going well should be on the field.

Soni is on the bench for a specific reason. He doesn’t require the game time to play that role. He’s easily fit enough.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Youre a better man than me. I find it hard not to bite..

But his argument is possibly the dumbest thing ive ever read on here or pi
You are driving the stupidity here.

I’m speaking from a position of actual educated knowledge on the subject.

You watch NRL 360 and flap your gums

I agree that in the games where he comes on and we are well on top, that Soni hasn’t offered much. But in our most recent game when we needed to change the direction of the game (against the Dolphins) he came on and gave us a real spark and delivered the win.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I agree that in the games where he comes on and we are well on top, that Soni hasn’t offered much. But in our most recent game when we needed to change the direction of the game (against the Dolphins) he came on and gave us a real spark and delivered the win.
They are most cup level opposition though

Girds89

Bench
If you listened, you might learn…. Then again, probably not
Mate honestly.

I dont need to learn anything from you..

I played the game. I understand the game..

Some of your posts on this matter are laughable.. whatever you got taught on your 1 day teens rl basics course good for you...

The idea that you think luke can get the practice he needs at training cause were a good team and thats better than gameday experience has lost me haha.

Sit down with brandy or ivan or any player whose played nrl or professional sport ask them that than come back to me.

I know the answer

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Mate honestly.

I dont need to learn anything from you..

I played the game. I understand the game..

Some of your posts on this matter are laughable.. whatever you got taught on your 1 day teens rl basics course good for you...

The idea that you think luke can get the practice he needs at training cause were a good team and thats better than gameday experience has lost me haha.

Sit down with brandy or ivan or any player whose played nrl or professional sport ask them that than come back to me.

I know the answer
Ok

why is Soni only playing the minutes he is?

Do you think you know better than him?

Do you think that your knowledge of coaching a team is better and Ivan is doing it wrong? Because, weirdly, he’s not doing what you suggest is best…

You laugh, because you don’t know.

Girds89

Bench
Ok

why is Soni only playing the minutes he is?

Do you think you know better than him?

Do you think that your knowledge of coaching a team is better and Ivan is doing it wrong? Because, weirdly, he’s not doing what you suggest is best…

You laugh, because you don’t know.

Luke ill answer that if you like...

But just answer me this first as ive asked several times and you keep dodging it... do you actually really think soni gets more out of training cause were a good team than he would playing nrl matches??