What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 v The Sharks

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Luke ill answer that if you like...

But just answer me this first as ive asked several times and you keep dodging it... do you actually really think soni gets more out of training cause were a good team than he would playing nrl matches??
It’s not about what’s best for Soni, it’s about what’s best for the team.

In he’s current role, he’s training load is heavier, because he’s getting less game time. Because that’s what’s best for the team.

Girds89

Bench
It’s not about what’s best for Soni, it’s about what’s best for the team.

In he’s current role, he’s training load is heavier, because he’s getting less game time. Because that’s what’s best for the team.
How do you know his training load?

And that doesmt answer the question?

You said he doensnt need mins cause he trains with the best team in the comp...

Do you actually think training can replicate game intensity... the pressure of game moments?

WestyLife

First Grade
I can’t wait for next season. It’s going to be really interesting to see who all the experts on here change turn their attention too.

Girds was replying to me and I've been having to repeat that I think he's got a lot of potential and his development is still early for first grade and will be much better next year based on his current trajectory. My issue is it appears to weaken the bench right now this season. No one pays much attention though.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
How do you know his training load?

And that doesmt answer the question?

You said he doensnt need mins cause he trains with the best team in the comp...

Do you actually think training can replicate game intensity... the pressure of game moments?
INo and I didn’t say that it did.

Can you now explain why you think that you know more than Ivan and how his miss managing his player.

WestyLife

First Grade
What are you talking about?? Salmon plays just fine, where ever he’s put. You are mad, I really don’t know why I bother trying to talk to you.

Are you going to be outraged next year when Hosking takes Salmons role off the bench??

We lost vs south's specifically because Salmon had to cover centre.

Girds89

Bench
INo and I didn’t say that it did.

Can you now explain why you think that you know more than Ivan and how his miss managing his player.

Luke bowden yesterday- "You forget that he plays against the best NRL team every week at training. That’s far more beneficial".....

That will do me haha.. youve lost the plot

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Luke bowden yesterday- "You forget that he plays against the best NRL team every week at training. That’s far more beneficial".....

That will do me haha.. youve lost the plot
Holy cow man. You are incapable of understanding what I’m saying.

This is ridiculous. This is deadset my last attempt at explaining this.

For the current role that Soni Luke is playing, he doesn’t need game time. He is training against the best team in the comp and for the role that he is currently in, it’s more beneficial for him to carry a big work load at training, then extended minutes off the bench.

The geniused question you forced me the answer was far too general, as I tried to explain.

This conversation is totally my fault, I really should have known better.

Girds89

Bench
Do we have any of these on here?

It was more a general comment... sort of like the cricket anaolgy... can be the worlds best nets batsman but that doesmt translate to game day..

Similar to what steve smith saod pre ashes this year.. said he felt like he was in better form than the 19 tour and playing the best he ever was and hitting them great....

In reality it was his worst ashes tour...

All sports are similar in that way.. can be doing things brilliant at training but the extra pressure game day brings with the added 20% increase in speed and intensity changes things.

Doesn't matter is its bball or league or cricket...

Game experience can not be replicated...

Whether there is anyone on here thats played nrl i doubt it... plenty would've played decent level sport tho

WestyLife

First Grade
It was more a general comment... sort of like the cricket anaolgy... can be the worlds best nets batsman but that doesmt translate to game day..

Similar to what steve smith saod pre ashes this year.. said he felt like he was in better form than the 19 tour and playing the best he ever was and hitting them great....

All sports are similar in that way.. can be doing things brilliant at training but the extra pressure game day brings with the added 20% increase in speed and intensity changes things.

Whether there is anyone on here thats played nrl i doubt it... plenty would've played decent level sport tho

I was a winger/fullback and representative level sprinter.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

Stupid cricket comparisons aside.

Why is Ivan using Soni the way he does.