What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 v Cowboys @ Pepper Stadium

martielang

Bench
Why do you bother coming to these forums? You literally are just whinging about what other people post 90 percent of the time. People have opinions that differ to yours learn to deal with it instead of posting the same "i can't believe how negative you are" blow up every week. It's very tired and it just leads to the same argument over and over.

90% is a little high, call it 84%.

chrisD

Coach
Leota's one run was pretty awesome, but I reiterate the point, we don't need and don't benefit at all at any time from having three props on the field. There is not enough work to go around. And Merrin is a prop.

martielang

Bench
When Merrin comes back in, I wonder who's minutes he's going to take. Leota, Browne, Cartwright aren't playing big minutes at all, & given how May went, it'd be impossible to sit him on the bench the full 80.

Maybe chop RCG down a bit? But at the same time, I'm not sure if you'd want to.

Kilkenny

Coach
When Merrin comes back in, I wonder who's minutes he's going to take. Leota, Browne, Cartwright aren't playing big minutes at all, & given how May went, it'd be impossible to sit him on the bench the full 80.

Maybe chop RCG down a bit? But at the same time, I'm not sure if you'd want to.

I think our coach is perfectly capable of leaving someone on the bench for the full 80. He has gone close a few times. Moses apparently got 15 minutes against the Cowboys, he must have thought all his Xmas's had come at once. From where I sit in the Western Stand it is hard not to feel some sympathy for Leota & Browne etc. They know, barring unforeseen injury they ain't getting a second stint. There regular sideline warm up's are almost always in vain. As someone said to me after the game on the weekend poor Moses is more active during the team victory song than during his handful of minutes game time. Hopefully for his sake we keeping winning so he can keep his fitness up!!!!!!!!

OldPanther

Coach
I think our coach is perfectly capable of leaving someone on the bench for the full 80. He has gone close a few times. Moses apparently got 15 minutes against the Cowboys, he must have thought all his Xmas's had come at once. From where I sit in the Western Stand it is hard not to feel some sympathy for Leota & Browne etc. They know, barring unforeseen injury they ain't getting a second stint. There regular sideline warm up's are almost always in vain. As someone said to me after the game on the weekend poor Moses is more active during the team victory song than during his handful of minutes game time. Hopefully for his sake we keeping winning so he can keep his fitness up!!!!!!!!

That's not really a negative to the players or coach. We just have more talent than we have spots/minutes to go round.

mxlegend99

Referee
Merrin in a front row rotation with Tamou and RCG. All pumping out 60 minutes.

Carty sharing lock with JFH.

May as our utility.

I think the last bench spot would be best filled by someone who offers something different. Ideally Villiame Kikau will deliver on his potential for it. But atm I would go Akauolo. Need a bloke who can change a game with a big hit or a barnstorming run.

We have alot of big minute players. But dont use it to fit in an actual impact player.

MrBlack

Juniors
But atm I would go Akauolo. Need a bloke who can change a game with a big hit or a barnstorming run.

We have alot of big minute players. But dont use it to fit in an actual impact player.

We haven't had a good impact player on the bench since Mose Masoe (spelling?).

OldPanther

Coach
Just re-watching the game now. Moylan really didn't have a poor game excluding the 5th tackle thing (though he got our only repeat set.) He was passing to Peachy very crisply all night (something we all demanded earlier in the year) had a good inside ball to Edwards which Lolo just managed to stop and he cleaned up well when we were under pressure early.

mxlegend99

Referee
Just re-watching the game now. Moylan really didn't have a poor game excluding the 5th tackle thing (though he got our only repeat set.) He was passing to Peachy very crisply all night (something we all demanded earlier in the year) had a good inside ball to Edwards which Lolo just managed to stop and he cleaned up well when we were under pressure early.
We've come to expect 3 try assists from him or its a bad game.

It wasnt his best game obviously. But he looks to be trying to find a better balance with Cleary. Thurston and Morgan are both rep players and it took them time to do so. If we manage to have atleast one doninating well while we work the balance it's about as good as we can hope for.

2 match winning halves. We havent had that since Gower and Presto.

OldPanther

Coach
We've come to expect 3 try assists from him or its a bad game.

It wasnt his best game obviously. But he looks to be trying to find a better balance with Cleary. Thurston and Morgan are both rep players and it took them time to do so. If we manage to have atleast one doninating well while we work the balance it's about as good as we can hope for.

2 match winning halves. We havent had that since Gower and Presto.

I'mhappy with that.

maple_69

Bench
I'd have Tamou off for RCG at 25 mins with RCG to play out the game. Then sub Tamou back in for Merrin for the last 25 mins. Then you have Merrin available to pop into lock for the last 10 if we need go forward. It'd leave us with plenty of flexibility to rotate the more impact based players as needed.

chrisD

Coach
He was ok until we blew the ruck open and then he failed to find the finish. He threw two passes to ground on backline plays that just luckily happened to lead to tries. Somewhere in there he called Cartwright around him and gave him a hospital pass off his hip when there was room out the back.

56th minute if he hits Mansour he goes in untouched, he holds the pass too long. 62nd minute he has Mansour away down the sideline on our 40 but doesn't hit him. 63rd minute he has 3 out the back against one on their try line but hits Yeo short who drops it in the defence. 65th minute Moylan drops the ball and turns it over on their try line. 72nd minute on their line on the last he does a dance and dumps it onto RCG. Finally in the 73rd May does what Moylan couldn't and all but runs it over himself.

If Cartwright had that game there'd be calls for him to be beheaded.

Kev07

Juniors
He was ok until we blew the ruck open and then he failed to find the finish. He threw two passes to ground on backline plays that just luckily happened to lead to tries. Somewhere in there he called Cartwright around him and gave him a hospital pass off his hip when there was room out the back.

56th minute if he hits Mansour he goes in untouched, he holds the pass too long. 62nd minute he has Mansour away down the sideline on our 40 but doesn't hit him. 63rd minute he has 3 out the back against one on their try line but hits Yeo short who drops it in the defence. 65th minute Moylan drops the ball and turns it over on their try line. 72nd minute on their line on the last he does a dance and dumps it onto RCG. Finally in the 73rd May does what Moylan couldn't and all but runs it over himself.

If you watch May's few games at 6 his passes to the backline are delivered giving them time and space & on either side of the field.

chrisD

Coach
If you watch May's few games at 6 his passes to the backline are delivered giving them time and space & on either side of the field.
Maybe, but he's not half the player a fit Moylan is and calls for May to play in Moylan's place are absurd.

OldPanther

Coach

Better players get more allowances for their mistakes. Moylan 100% fit is 10x the player Cartwright is. Even with all that he still did a lot of good as I already pointed out. Without him I doubt we win that.

bebo

Juniors
Better players get more allowances for their mistakes. Moylan 100% fit is 10x the player Cartwright is. Even with all that he still did a lot of good as I already pointed out. Without him I doubt we win that.
Wow Moylan has a lot of relatives on this forum . I can't believe how defensive people are of him as for 10 x better than a fully fit Carty pffffffffff

mxlegend99

Referee
Wow Moylan has a lot of relatives on this forum . I can't believe how defensive people are of him as for 10 x better than a fully fit Carty pffffffffff
Then clearly you are a relative of Cartwright.

Every single player in our team has people defending them.

bebo

Juniors
Then clearly you are a relative of Cartwright.

Every single player in our team has people defending them.
How do you work that out ? , Moylan in your eyes walks on water when he makes a blue he is either not fit , hasn't played enough games at 6 , someone didn't pass him the ball , the bloke inside him should have made the tackle bla bla bla , They all make errors all I said was a fully fit Bryce playing in HIS CORRECT position fully fit is hardly 10 x worse than Moylan read what you want into it

Latest posts