What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 : Vs Rooster ANZ Stadium @ 8.00pm Thursday 23rd March

DiegoNT

First Grade
We really need an experienced no nonsense prop. I'd gamble on Matt Scott tbh his price would have dropped due to the ACL imo.
I think you've suggested it before and I said no at the time, but with the way the twins are going If we could let one or both go for Scott I'd go for it

Tiger5150

Bench
Problem with cook is he starts panicking and trys to hard. He also seems to struggle to get on the same page with the halves meaning a lot of plays just fizzle when we are attacking the line.
Farah is trying to much to take over. It's Reynolds team, he should be complementing him not over riding him.
When have them both on it just doesn't work. One just stands behind the ruck doing nothing while the other takes over. And it deprives us off a running tackling forward

Welcome the world the Tigers have inhabited for the past 3 years

DiegoNT

First Grade
Clark made 66 metres tonight
Don't think he got many minutes tonight. 20 at the start and 15 at the end. Made a lot of tackles actually showed energy for a few quick play the balls and offloads. Hoping he and Musgrove start next week

Rsag85

Bench
Don't think he got many minutes tonight. 20 at the start and 15 at the end. Made a lot of tackles actually showed energy for a few quick play the balls and offloads. Hoping he and Musgrove start next week

I would like to see Rochow and Musgrove in the run on side next week

DiegoNT

First Grade
I would like to see Rochow and Musgrove in the run on side next week
Rochow was good tonight. My fear if those to start is that when they come off at the same time we'd have probably clark, a hard worker but not so dynamic, and tom, currently hopeless, and we get a repeat off the first 20 minutes where Tom messes up and Clark spends his whole time tackling.
I'd prefer Musgrove and Rochow were split

alien

Referee
The completion rate wasn't good enough against a team like the Roosters, and too many errors in defense out wide, which isn't surprising since we have 4 backs out. Hopefully Burns comes back into the side next week. I was a bit disappointed with Reynolds in defense - 2 Roosters tries came from him rushing up out of the line.

doyen

Bench
Farah needs to go back to the bears next week. Cook has to start and play the full 80.

Goodwin was strong, Cody was good, cook looked great

I agree!! Play Cook for 80 against the Cowboys.

Personally,I don't think he's much good at all.

But he does deserve a chance.

I'd love to see how he goes for the duration--I feel he'd have big problems coping;especially against good opposition!!!!

Big difference between coming on as a freshie against tiring opposition compared to playing in the cauldron from the outset & for the 80!!. I think he would be found wanting.

Rabbits20

Immortal
The completion rate wasn't good enough against a team like the Roosters, and too many errors in defense out wide, which isn't surprising since we have 4 backs out. Hopefully Burns comes back into the side next week. I was a bit disappointed with Reynolds in defense - 2 Roosters tries came from him rushing up out of the line.
Talakai was all at sea too.

Rabbits20

Immortal
What a tough old game that was. Very tough. We killed ourselves in that first half with errors which is extremely frustrating, I reckon we would've got close if we'd held the friggin ball. I know it's cliche but it wasn't a great refereeing performance tonight. They were allowed to lay all over us, give second efforts in the tackle and tackle us high and no penalties blown?!! Fug me!

The second half was better. We lost our way late but it just goes to show we can play good footy if we hold the ball. I'm pleased that we kept fighting too, it's a great sign and we missed that last year. Here goes.

Johnston: Was okay. Defused a few kicks and almost created some opportunity close to the line. Almost scored off Cook but just couldn't quite get in the right position.

Moceidreke: Again was okay. Took a few risky air swings trying to save tries/defuse kicks which almost cost us and looked a little nervous in defence which is totally understandable for a debutant. His late footwork is impresse and he took some strong runs. Good for him to get a try too.

Talaki: Had a tough game, it was just hard for him to get into the game so he had little impact.

Jennings: Had some strong runs and looked dangerous at times but a few errors marred his performance.

Goodwin: Was good. He tried really hard, made some great runs and did so much of the shit work. He impressed.

Walker: Brilliant in the first half, looked very dangerous and caused trouble. However, sadly he went missing a bit in the second when we needed him most.

Reynolds: A tough game. Had some good kicks but also some average ones. Not up to his usual standard. He did run the ball more though.

T.Burgess: Well, what can I say. Utter shit from him I'm sorry. Can't hold the ball and just trots to the defensive line and doesn't run hard like he should. I'm sick of his errors, something has to be done!

Farah: Not the greatest of game from him. Made some bad kicks. Did make some good scoots from dummy half though.

Clark: Not as good as he has been but still solid. Made some errors and had a few bad runs but he tried and got through a lot of work.

Turner: Solid. Did a lot of work and imo, stepped up in Sam's absence.

Sutton: Was great. Some awesome runs and a lot of energy. I was really pleased with him.

Sam: Was good before he came off. Nice runs and a monster in defense! It's a shame he couldn't return, we missed him.

Cook: He was better tonight. Provided some spark and energy. Created a few opportunities but we just couldn't capitalize on them.

Crichton: Made a couple of errors but other than that was good. Ran hard on good angles and was solid in defence.

Musgrove: He was good. Every aggressive and had a lot of purpose about his play. No errors either. If only the twins could play like him.

Rochow: Has improved. He really lifted in the second half and had good go forward.

Something needs to be done about the twins ASAP I'm sick of it!

Anyway, overall this game isn't one to loose your shit over. Our flaws in tonight's game can be fixed. Yes we made errors, but that was in terrible conditions. We didn't score many points because the Roosters defense was too good.

Our attitude is the big one. We didn't give up, we kept fighting, this attitude was missing last year. That's one huge positive to take out of the game.
Hey Callmack the Roosters last try looked 1 metre forward to me!!!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
We have to start Clark. He is our best starting prop option. As for the second prop I think any of them can do a good job. I'm not gonna lie I would like to give Cherrington a shot at this point. Can he play prop? Because the Burgess boys are just not cutting it anymore. The inconsistency is doing my head in. You can't demand a high wage and play like that. Give the Burgess boys the rest of the season so we can look for a decent prop in the mean time. If they have another inconsistent season I would say it's about time to get rid of Russell crowe's favourite boys.

Travitoh

First Grade
Our backline has been poor defensively since the nines. I know guys are out but the organisation hasn't been there all year, we always look vulnerable and it almost seems that there is a lack of communication. Either that or our players are lazy while sliding. Look at the Roosters tonight, they were defending as a unit while we seem to get caught at best 1 on 1 out wide

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Our backline has been poor defensively since the nines. I know guys are out but the organisation hasn't been there all year, we always look vulnerable and it almost seems that there is a lack of communication. Either that or our players are lazy while sliding. Look at the Roosters tonight, they were defending as a unit while we seem to get caught at best 1 on 1 out wide

Yeah talakai and moceidreke were just completely exposed for their poor defence tonight. Although Reynolds defensive game does need some work as well. Keary really got the better of him for that 3rd try. Alex Johnston seems a bit sloppy covering the goal line as a fullback too but that would just come with more experience I guess. The kid is amazing in offence though.