What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 vs Souths

Dragsters

First Grade
Mickey, I am nervous. I think we could possibly lose our next 4 in a row.
Souths with A. Reynolds back. Sharks will be out for revenge. Warriors will be very tough then Roosters on Anzac day.
We are playing well but all it will take is one loss to swing the momentum. It will swing at some stage.
Hate to be negative but careful not to get ahead of ourselves.

Indeed.
I don't think it's negative at all Crush, I reckon it's about awareness.

This should be the approach Mary takes immediately after the video review session on Tuesday (I take it).

Review the good result, praise the solid performance then immediately bring them back to earth and make them aware of the tough month ahead and how easily all the good work could be undone.

It all starts on Friday night...

Old Timer

Coach
Sutton will test our forward defence especially when Latimore & Leilua are on and Gagai will be a handful in the centres
If Burgess plays it will be a good and willing contest

Dragon Revival

Juniors
The Dragons have a great pack and halves similar to the sides of the early to mid 60's and 1977/1979. Backs can only shine when forwards take charge and halves give the backline direction and room to move. It should be a cracker of a game.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I believe that only Ah Mau and Mann are the only bench certainties. The other two bench players will come from
Host, Latimore, Leilua and Sele. Apart from Host who has been injured the other players have been acceptable. Host seems to be playing prop in ISP.

hermidale1

Juniors
I believe that only Ah Mau and Mann are the only bench certainties. The other two bench players will come from
Host, Latimore, Leilua and Sele. Apart from Host who has been injured the other players have been acceptable. Host seems to be playing prop in ISP.
He has been playing Right edge back row. Came back from injury Round 3 and been solid last 2 games.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Agree CC
I think sele will play this week.
I see him as a better option.

DS61 agree with you.
The other point is that with alternating (and i really hope thats what it is) it would keep Sele match fit rather that 10 mins here and there. This may prove crucial later in the season or if injuries come about.

st.phil

Bench
Souths have the wood on us but unless we down gear can't see them staying with us, w or w/o burgess

blacksafake

First Grade
Mickey, I am nervous. I think we could possibly lose our next 4 in a row.
Souths with A. Reynolds back. Sharks will be out for revenge. Warriors will be very tough then Roosters on Anzac day.
We are playing well but all it will take is one loss to swing the momentum. It will swing at some stage.
Hate to be negative but careful not to get ahead of ourselves.
Agree Crush.
It's not being negative,rather cautious/realistic.The wheels will eventually come loose or fall off & this is when we'll see if the coach has learnt from the past.Will he be able to adjust or will he revert back to his safety first approach with selections & game plans.Graham & Hunt will be important during this period.

RufusRex

Post Whore
Sele is the better option overall for the skillset he brings, but against a big, experienced Souths pack, Latimore is better suited for this one. Thought Sele should have been picked last week.

Neither should be picked ... Host 12/Sims 16 ;-)

Carlton

Juniors
I have expressed my concerns about choosing a rookie fullback with a number of issues to be addressed in his game even though he has obvious potential. Up until last week I was not particularly impressed with his play but, last week I thought was his best game by a mile and showed glimpses of what he may be able to produce ongoing.

I still believe he has a number of areas to work on but was really happy to see him not crowding his outside players as much and when he did was willing to switch with the winger. I would like to see him trailing the forwards more and in defence would like to see him moving across field a little bit further out from the try line and closer to the ball.

If he keeps improving the gamble will payoff and I couldn't be happier. However, I still don't like the fact we invested heavily in our halves and hooker and then risked success by using an unproven in first grade fullback. My gripe isn't with Dufty or his potential, its with what I consider to have been an unprofessional decision.

This game against souths and how he handles Inglis, Johnston and Gagai etc will be a good test and show how he is progessing.

SBD82

Coach
I have expressed my concerns about choosing a rookie fullback with a number of issues to be addressed in his game even though he has obvious potential. Up until last week I was not particularly impressed with his play but, last week I thought was his best game by a mile and showed glimpses of what he may be able to produce ongoing.

I still believe he has a number of areas to work on but was really happy to see him not crowding his outside players as much and when he did was willing to switch with the winger. I would like to see him trailing the forwards more and in defence would like to see him moving across field a little bit further out from the try line and closer to the ball.

If he keeps improving the gamble will payoff and I couldn't be happier. However, I still don't like the fact we invested heavily in our halves and hooker and then risked success by using an unproven in first grade fullback. My gripe isn't with Dufty or his potential, its with what I consider to have been an unprofessional decision.

This game against souths and how he handles Inglis, Johnston and Gagai etc will be a good test and show how he is progessing.
If I didn't know better, I'd say that dufty might be starting to win you over.

Hopefully he has a cracking game on Friday and has you aboard the dufty train. :)