What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 vs Sharks

giboz71

First Grade
The Sharks are a good side. Majority of their premiership squad still there plus they added Duges and Moylan (even though he was shit last night).

They beat the Storm not so long ago so they are not going that bad.

They had some bad luck but we pumped them by 20.

Well done to our lads.

Dea

Juniors
Our team has things to work on and in the post game interview I got the impression that was acknowledged. So early in the comp this is ok. It is very hard to play long weeks with everything spot on. Hoping that this year Mary has the coaching nous to take us another level. I’ve not been a fan but he has the team playing well and looking good at present

mickeylane

Bench
Aitken also put a great around the ankles tackle on lee . And bundled him into touch.
Some of the defence problems.
Is because hunt rushes up and misses and then aitken has to rush up as well.
It will get better.
Aitken is one of the hardest trainers in the club.
So if hard work counts for anything he will continue to improve.
If you notice that the amount of times Hunt, Aitken, JDB, Graham, have rushed out of the line has done more good than bad and snuffed out so many dangerous attacking plays.. It's a risky play no doubt but at this stage its paying off at probably 70/30 - I would continue w the ploy but in more measured doses.. Dragons will Only get better - the players and coach are steeled and totally believe they are by far the best team in the comp in every aspect - and you can't beat that sort of self belief - in any sport..

dragonssamy61

First Grade
If you notice that the amount of times Hunt, Aitken, JDB, Graham, have rushed out of the line has done more good than bad and snuffed out so many dangerous attacking plays.. It's a risky play no doubt but at this stage its paying off at probably 70/30 - I would continue w the ploy but in more measured doses.. Dragons will Only get better - the players and coach are steeled and totally believe they are by far the best team in the comp in every aspect - and you can't beat that sort of self belief - in any sport..

Agree Mickey
If you think how much improvement there is in the team.
It's going to be a great ride.

TruSaint

Referee
Scary thing is we still have so much upside in this squad. Few things went for us yesterday, but we also had a man binned for 10.

Dufty has been a revelation, McInnes is now a real danger and a tackling machine, Nene has upped his level, forwards are beasts, and we finally have a 7. That pass to Euen was just all class.

When they got within 8, in years past we may have caved. I know Cronulla were depleted, but losing can become a habit as we learnt in the past few seasons.

So yes, we had our fair share of luck but overall a good win, with plenty of improvement left in us.

Onwards.

ouryears

Bench
Walked past Fifita this morning, he was walking funny, sort of holding his backside

I think the whole sharks pack woke up with sore rears after the dragons slapped their asses last night!

SEAT 1A

Bench
Thought we played better than the last Sharks game. We were lucky, not for a few dropped balls that didn't stick we were shot.

Saw blood in the water, nice pass by Duges, went a bit Harlem Globetrotters, lost it a bit. Won again with a sin bin and came back strong unlike last week.

ouryears

Bench
Our team has things to work on and in the post game interview I got the impression that was acknowledged. So early in the comp this is ok. It is very hard to play long weeks with everything spot on. Hoping that this year Mary has the coaching nous to take us another level. I’ve not been a fan but he has the team playing well and looking good at present
Def did acknowledge it hey, even Vaughan who got man of the match on tv, said in his speech that he was disappointed in his own game.....he said he made 2 errors from memory.

And that was the man of the match saying that!

Did you guys get to hear him?

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
Truthfully, I’d like to see some xfactor on Nighty’s wing.
Yes he’s a club legend, gives his all and we all love him, but seriously Mann, Field or Lomax for mine would add the xfactor I’m talking about that’s lacking there.
I know Nighty’s defence is good but Dufty can’t defend either right, and we’ve seen what he brings to the team.
I hate I hate to say it but I think nighty must be replaced. I agree with you, it may be time .

Drag Queen

Bench
Def did acknowledge it hey, even Simsy who got man of the match on tv, said in his speech that he was disappointed in his own game.....he said he made 2 errors from memory.

And that was the man of the match saying that!

Did you guys get to hear him?
I thought Vaughn got it. He stated he made some mistakes when he accepted the cheque off Fittler. Mind you I was watching channel 9 as I'm not home atm.

ouryears

Bench
I thought Vaughn got it. He stated he made some mistakes when he accepted the cheque off Fittler. Mind you I was watching channel 9 as I'm not home atm.

Of course sorry mate It was Vaughan

He looked like a Greek god he is so damn fit

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Favtual Truth:
We are 6 from 6
Scored close to 200 points
Let in 80
Addition of Hunt and Graham has been profound
Shift of attitude of certain players who were lets say average last year
Hard truth:
Same time last year we were 5 and 1 scored 163 let in 82 and still missed the finals.
A long term injury to 1 or more of our spine (Widdop last year) would create a black hole to our current structure.eg:
F/B -
Field great in attack when given room but turnstile defensively
Lomax is unproven at NRL level
Nighty well we know what we get there
5/8 -
Mann can do the job but he's getting 10-20 a game atm big jump to 80
Field (see above f/b)
Half -
Nichols is unproven at NRL level a bit like Nona. Big drop in class
Mann could also (see above 5/8)
Field (see above)
Hooker-
Robson is a rookie and unproven at NRL level
Mann (see above)
Hunt would mean shifting our best 7 and game manager to front line leaving gamw managemenr to? Yeah we've been there before (we we're McCroned if i remember correctly).
Injury is our biggest danger imo. Look at the Sharks last night for example or Cronk out of Storm or even Cronk into Roosters who aren't clicking. Intetesting to see if Coote reignites the Cows game this weekend.
Final truth:
The fame has changed in 2018 more enforced rules = slower play rhe balls and more penalties whilst actually gives more downtime also upsets teams who like to roll upfield. It gives teams, especiallt us a further second or 2 to set defensively. Notice McInnes is only averaging 30 tackles a game this year against 40+ last year.
Whilst i'm very excited about 2018 so far, i still hold trepidation until we can get past the next month of footy. Losing 1 or 2 is not a disaster in itself but its how we lose them that has me concerned.

Drag Queen

Bench
Of course sorry mate It was Vaughan

He looked like a Greek god he is so damn fit
Haha, not sure he looked like a Greek god with those cauliflower ears but his body is looking impressive. I actually though Friz would get it but all the forwards packed a punch last night. Kudos

ouryears

Bench
Haha, not sure he looked like a Greek god with those cauliflower ears but his body is looking impressive. I actually though Friz would get it but all the forwards packed a punch last night. Kudos
Yeah my wife pointed out his ears too
Told her to leave the room
Ha ha

Latest posts