What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 Saturday 21st April v Raiders @ Central coast stadium

ThingFish

Juniors
I am glad we won but I am not impressed with that effort.

Angus drops 3 balls the first gave them a sniff and they got a try and Reyno kicks the ball dead twice giving them 7 tackles and they scored both times!

Sam and George both on report for incidents that occurred when we were leading comfortably........wtf were they thinking?

85% completions, another game over 1600 meters, only 9 errors, 16 offloads, 7 line breaks. Yeah it was a shocker.

southsport

First Grade
85% completions, another game over 1600 meters, only 9 errors, 16 offloads, 7 line breaks. Yeah it was a shocker.
You can come with all the stats you like but I still felt frustrated watching most of it, the storm would have run up a cricket score against us.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
I am glad we won but I am not impressed with that effort.

Angus drops 3 balls the first gave them a sniff and they got a try and Reyno kicks the ball dead twice giving them 7 tackles and they scored both times!

Sam and George both on report for incidents that occurred when we were leading comfortably........wtf were they thinking?
Yes not good Southy,I'm trying to look at it as we are testing ourselves to show our character to win in the face of adversity!

ThingFish

Juniors
You can come with all the stats you like but I still felt frustrated watching most of it, the storm would have run up a cricket score against us.
The only frustrating thing for mine, besides Sam’s impending suspension, was the late tries. Positions 7 to 9 Maybe decided on for and against and those 10pts could be valuable. The rest was pure poetry, I guess it’s just perspective.

southsport

First Grade
And if we did that, you would of wanted 60. Of the 200 odd comp games this season there will be lucky to be 30-40 games with greater than 40, take em while you can.
Maybe i should have the storm would have put 50 on them but our effort tonight needs to be better in the future imo, we were rocks and diamonds.

ThingFish

Juniors
Maybe i should have the storm would have put 50 on them but our effort tonight needs to be better in the future imo, we were rocks and diamonds.
And that’s the beauty of today’s performance we clocked up 42 and still have a ton of improvement in us. Seibs press conference acknowledged exactly that. I’m pumped we can score 7 try’s and still have a ton of improvement. What would have been shit was if we won 60-0 and that’s our best effort for the rest of the year. Enjoy the fact it can only get better. Glory, Glory!!

callmack1

Staff member
Sorry for posting a bit late but I've just been taking a moment to really enjoy that win and have a few beers haha.

Yea the boys!! Glory, Glory!! What a great game, what a great performance that was! Probably the best we've looked all year right there, just fantastic, that's energy, that's desire, that's free flowing footy and a side playing with a lot of confidence. How good is it to see? I was a little disappointed we let the foot off the throat a wee bit but I'm sure that utter ruthlessness will come and it's something we can work on.

The attack tonight was just brilliant. You could see that unlike previous weeks, all our passes were sticking and we looked flashy. All the boys were on the same page and our execution was on point. The free flowing footy was soooo good to watch and we were scoring at will at times there.

Our forwards were all very good tonight too led by the Burgess boys. The hard running and determination really set the tone for that game and gave us the upper hand. In the end, I think we ended up running about 300m more than them.

Defensively, we were okay but imo, not as good and not where we should be. That right edge defence is a real concern and the Raiders really targeted that side. I think the biggest issue with our right side is the inability to slide in defence. In that game today, they just came up and held or jammed in instead of sliding. This needs to be fixed or else other teams will exploit it.

The rest of our defence was fine though as I thought Canberra were really good in attack and we did well to repel them at times.

Johnston: Pretty good. Strong running game with his kick returns, safe under the high ball and did nothing wrong defensively. A lot more threatening in attack tonight and his try was brilliant.

Jennings: Was great. Once again, outstanding work coming out of our own end with his runs. He got busy and ran with real intent. Great to see him bag a double and that was well deserved.

Inglis: Outstanding! Where do I start?! He absolutely terrorised Canberra today. Got involved heaps and was just a menacing figure in both attack and defence. Seeing him run 80 and finish it off with the Goanna was one of the best sights I've seen in a long time, just beautiful!! Our man is really building here.

Gagai: Was good. Attacking wise, he was brilliant. Did a lot of the shit work and looked really dangerous, his offload to Kennar for his try was brilliant. I also like how he's becoming even more involved and getting early ball. However, his defence was a little dissapointing and that is a big work on for him as he missed a few tackles which should really have been made.

Kennar: Much the same as Gagai. Very good with ball in hand, I love his running game as he goes so hard and does a lot of work which gets our sets started so well. We've been missing a big, strong winger like him for a while. Loved Richie's try. In defence he was a bit shaky but I think that was more due to those inside him.

Walker: Was great. Having Reyno back has really freed him up and he can just focus on running, that showed today. He probed all game and made a few half breaks. On set plays down that left side he's so friggin good and he had a hand in some great tries down there, scored a great one himself actually.

Reynolds: A lot better today again. His kicking game was much improved with many probing kicks, it took a lot of pressure off us while putting a lot on them. In particular, I liked his short game. Yes, a few went dead but had the chasers been a bit more onto it, it would've been a different story. Reyno has also fixed his passing and he's now in the groove and building each week. It's defence which needs big improvement as he was targeted today for sure. I'll have a better look at it when I watch the replay tomorrow but he looked indecisive but is not getting help from those around him.

T.Burgess: Great again. How good is it to see him finding form?! Ran hard again and boy he made a lot of metres, I think he was around the 100m Mark just from his first stint which is just great to see! Tom is developing some footwork and is actually becoming very dangerous. We need someone always pushing up with him as he got the arm free a lot tonight but no one was there for the offload. One more thing, what an absolute dog shot from Whitehead on Tom! That was disgusting and how he didn't get sent off, let alone put on report is beyond me. Tom was in a lot of pain and I just hope he pulls up okay.

Cook: Played a bit of a different role tonight but was just as good. He wasn't as explosive but still questioned there defence many times and he was picking his moments well. I love the work he does in getting the forwards onto the ball and we looked so direct today. Cookie has certainly been working on his defence since last season too and once again, he did a good job in that regard through the middle.

G.Burgess: Good again. Really aggressive in both attack and defence and just ran all over the Canberra pack with great metres made. I love how he's starting to find form too. Him getting put on report was a little unlucky because Bateman I think it was, was falling in the tackle and George didn't really have time to react, we'll see I guess.

Sutton: Just continues his charge. He was really good again today with his running game and I'm really liking how he's starting to run off Cody at an angle and he posed a big threat to the Raiders tonight. He's looking so fit too and just went all game in a great performance.

Crichton: Good for most of the game. He was his usual self for most of the game with his good runs and high work rate but a few errors and bad defence let down his performance. He needs to do a lot more to help Reyno and it'd be good to see him get those silly errors in out of his game.

S.Burgess: I'm gonna come out and say it, that's the best performance by a middle forward this year, he was that good!! Outstanding work rate and he just tore the Canberra pack to shreds with monster runs and crunching defence. I noticed we has doing a lot of ball playing too which was amazing and it adds a whole new element to his game. It's a shame his performance was marred by that incident with Sezer, It's good to see Sam with some aggression but in the game scenario, there was no need for it really. Sadly, I think he's in trouble with this and could well end up with three maybe four weeks. I don't think the incident warrants that much but we know what the NRL is like with Sam. I'll be furious if Sam gets a harsher punishment than Whitehead as Sam's was no where near as bad as that disgusting act. Still, it was an amazing performance from Sammy.

Hunt: Not much to say really as he didn't do an awful lot. I think Seibs brought him on too late.

Clark: What a game from Clarky! A great impact off the bench and was all energy. He seems to have an even stronger running game as he's not getting forced back as much. Man, it was great to see his try, a rare try for Clarky!! If I was Souths, I'd be seriously considering re-signing him, he deserves it.

Nicholls: A great, no frills game. He did his job to perfection and that's all you can ask.

Tatola: Was good. Immense impact off the bench and I loved his enthusiasm. He does everything at 1,000,000 miles an hour in both attack and defence.

All in all, a brilliant performance which was so, so good to watch. There are a few things to work on defensively but that match is full of positives. It's great to see us running out as convincing winners after a game like that and I'm very happy.

We're really building something here I hope.

southsport

First Grade
I think I get frustrated when we hand the ball back over to the opposition cheaply and we did that a number of times this week.

callmack1

Staff member
I agree with some of what you're saying Southy.

Our right edge defence is an issue, the two Burgess incidents were frustrating and there was a few (I emphasise the few) errors but come on bro, the rest was fantastic!

I'm with ThingFish on this one - it's great to score 42 points but still know that there's so much improvement in us.

One thing I did forget to mention though was that we did let them out of there end far too many times with silly penalties.

southsport

First Grade
Seibold agrees with me anyway.

Siebold: We should have gone on with it
Author
Chris Kennedy

South Sydney Rabbitohs coach Anthony Seibold has praised the most dominant attacking performance from his side this year but expressed frustration at letting in two late tries – and four overall – in what could have been an even more dominant result.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Sam has zero to worry about,initial point of contact chest,player going down in tackle causes arm to slide.
Now if the f**king NRL are serious about making the game a better spectacle,stop targeting a man who makes the game so much better to watch... ITS A MANS GAME for f**k sake!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Told ya fellas during the week how to beat the green slime,run the big fellas at their halves and quick ball would get around them,they didn't see it coming.
Told ya fellas we owed them a toweling and that GI would announce I'm back,80 meters of pure heaven.
I'll tell ya fellas extend Nicholls and Tatola now and CLARKY should be given the keys to Redfern and another year pronto.
And I'll tell ya fellas it's going to be 7-3 mark my words and I'll tell ya something else fellas these guy's love each other and 22 is a very realistic possibility.
And one more thing fellas enjoy another week of bliss,it's great to be a RABBITOH
Canberra came very hard there at times too! @southsport remember they are a bogey team for us too and they have lots of pace! Enjoy the win!

Correct re Clarky, Nicholls and Tatola!

Don't get ahead of yourself itsa. Could be without George for a week and Sam for about a month. I would be very happy with 6 and 4. But 5 and 5 isn't out of the equation either. Brisbane will come out breathing fire at the start of the match this Thursday. If we are just a tad off they'll make us pay.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Sam has zero to worry about,initial point of contact chest,player going down in tackle causes arm to slide.
Now if the f**king NRL are serious about making the game a better spectacle,stop targeting a man who makes the game so much better to watch... ITS A MANS GAME for f**k sake!!!
Mate you know what the judiciary are like with us. With Sam and his history and him adding fuel to the fire in the media this week they may give him a grade 3. I'm hoping it is just 2-3 weeks but it could be 5 weeks.

The thing in his favour may be just before the contact Sezer was falling!

If it's a grade 2 I'll be satisfied with the outcome!

Probably 300 and odd points so about 3 weeks!

Sam did get him on the chin!

Does George have any carry over points on a high tackle charge?? I hope he just gets a grade 1 and off with an early plea.... not much in his one

Just watched the highlights again and Southy in normal speed it wasn't pretty. Sezer ducked in the force. Could be looking at grade 3 and 5 weeks. Exactly what Soliola got last year!

I'm preparing myself itsa to hear the news of 5 weeks!

Last edited:

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Mate you know what the judiciary are like with us. With Sam and his history and him adding fuel to the fire in the media this week they may give him a grade 3. I'm hoping it is just 2-3 weeks but it could be 5 weeks.

The thing in his favour may be just before the contact Sezer was falling!

If it's a grade 2 I'll be satisfied with the outcome!

Probably 300 and odd points so about 3 weeks!

Sam did get him on the chin!

Does George have any carry over points on a high tackle charge?? I hope he just gets a grade 1 and off with an early plea.... not much in his one
Rabbs,I've been doing a lot of meditation lately OM Mantra chanting it's part of my regime that takes me to a very nice place and reinforces the positive aspects in life.
I have been channeling a lot of positive energy towards our bunnies and if you believe in the the outcomes of positive reinforcement in life as I do,we are on the path to glory!

Latest posts