What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 v Cowboys

seal

Juniors
Corey Harawira-Naera was awful last night. Aside from one really good try-saving tackle, he must have given away at least three or four penalties, gave away the obstruction penalty that denied DWZ early on, and was very hot and cold in defence

Last edited:

OldPanther

Coach
Our pack finished well on top at the end so I think Griffin got it right. The issue was Maloney giving the Cows 12 points head start all by himself

We won some sets for sure but they looked wrecked. Reminded me of watching special forces documentaries where they've been awake for 2 days doing all kinds of physical drills and you see some of the exceptional blokes push through mentally. That was our pack last night.

TheFrog

Coach
The Frog's Player Ratings

Watene-Zelezniak 6
Crichton 6
Harawira-Naera 6
Whare 7
Phillips 7
Peachey 7
Maloney 6
Leota 8
Wallace 7
Campbell-Gillard 7
Yeo 8
Kikau 8
Fisher-Harris 8

Tamou 8
Katoa 5
Hetherington 5

OldPanther

Coach

Watene-Zelezniak 6
Crichton 6
Harawira-Naera 6
Whare 7
Phillips 7
Peachey 7
Maloney 6
Leota 8
Wallace 7
Campbell-Gillard 7
Yeo 8
Kikau 8
Fisher-Harris 8

Tamou 8
Katoa 5
Hetherington 5

Just my random thoughts.

I'd give Hetherington a slightly higher rating. Didn't fet given much time but ran well for his part.

Fish should get a 9 or 10.

TheFrog

Coach
Just my random thoughts.

I'd give Hetherington a slightly higher rating. Didn't fet given much time but ran well for his part.

Fish should get a 9 or 10.
It's based on the RLW model. They only used to give a 10 once a decade or so, and 9's were quite rare too, just a few times a year. If you were rating both sides, you'd have to give Taumalolo and Scott a 9 as well if you gave it to JFH. Hetherington was solid for his 20 minutes but in the end it was only 20 minutes.

mxlegend99

Referee

Watene-Zelezniak 6
Crichton 6
Harawira-Naera 6
Whare 7
Phillips 7
Peachey 7
Maloney 6
Leota 8
Wallace 7
Campbell-Gillard 7
Yeo 8
Kikau 8
Fisher-Harris 8

Tamou 8
Katoa 5
Hetherington 5
Bit generous with some of those. That to me is the scores of a winning side.

Maloney, Yeo and Philips got destroyed in defence. Maybe an attack rating and a defence rating would be fairer. I can see why you gave Yeo and Philips those scores. Attacking output was quiet good. But defensively that edge deserved 3s across the board.

GoldCoastPather

Juniors
I’m calling it now - we are gonna make the finals and we are going to be a force - the amount of injuries we have and we were down 20-0, not to mention the refs helping the cows as much as they could and we only loss by 6.

So proud of the response tonight, very happy tonight to say I’m a panthers fan !!!

Forget the loss, Look at the video, create a plan for next week, bring on Newcastle !!!!
I totally agree. Buy your semi final tickets we will be there!!

OldPanther

Coach
Just watching the game again and I'm noticing the ref has no time for Wallace but is all smiles with JT. Not saying we were robbed because we weren't but it's a pretty poor look for the officials.

David brown

Juniors
Im glad I was too smashed last night to remember this shit....

f**k Bathurst seriously if this is at Penrith we win... plain and simple...

franklin2323

Immortal
Just watching the game again and I'm noticing the ref has no time for Wallace but is all smiles with JT. Not saying we were robbed because we weren't but it's a pretty poor look for the officials.

Refs weren't why we were down 20-0... They didn't help though some dodgy calls

David brown

Juniors
We’ve won our last 3 there before this.

I think it’s a good initiative by the club, we need to spread our base. From Penrith to Bathurst is our territory now.
They were against the Titans we should be winning..I agree though its a great initiative been to 2 of the last 4 games in Bathurst myself... But you gotta admit not playing this game at home was a huge factor in us not getting the win along with half the team out.... You don't take games against last years Grand finalist to Bathurst that just simple Imo.... We need all the help we can get in games like this and if it was at Penrith park we have a huge leg up there, not so much in Bathurst...

Devilous

Juniors
Anyone think it is worthwhile playing May next week against the Knights at 5/8 so we can move Peachy into the centres? May is going to be there when Maloney or Cleary gets picked in Origin so why not start now?

The pack is fantastic, the bench is going great (Katoa's speed is welcome off the bench!), Dallin will be ok (needs to get the garbage out his game though), I thought Phillips was really good.

The only glaring problem is the left side in defence with whichever second rower centre (Yeo/Kikau/CHN) and Maloney rushing out all the time. It needs to be fixed and fixed now if we don't want to be constantly chasing games because teams will be sending 90% of their attack down that side after our performances in the last two weeks.

Other than that its all about luck with injuries and getting people back.

OldPanther

Coach
Anyone think it is worthwhile playing May next week against the Knights at 5/8 so we can move Peachy into the centres? May is going to be there when Maloney or Cleary gets picked in Origin so why not start now?

The pack is fantastic, the bench is going great (Katoa's speed is welcome off the bench!), Dallin will be ok (needs to get the garbage out his game though), I thought Phillips was really good.

The only glaring problem is the left side in defence with whichever second rower centre (Yeo/Kikau/CHN) and Maloney rushing out all the time. It needs to be fixed and fixed now if we don't want to be constantly chasing games because teams will be sending 90% of their attack down that side after our performances in the last two weeks.

Other than that its all about luck with injuries and getting people back.

Yeah May xould definitely help fix some roster issues. A lot will depend on his fitness I imagine.

Latest posts