What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Entities We Need Back

alien

Referee
bears on the central coast
western reds (i think the pirate mascot sux)
a 2nd brisbane team, but a better name than "crushers"
i would like to see the wests/balmange abomination broken up. magpies to base themselves in campbelltown and look after the area from liverpool down to the southern highlands. tigers to relocate to adelaide

that would be a 20 team comp. keep the top 8 teams to make the finals.

Last edited:
bears on the central coast
western reds (i think the pirate mascot sux)
a 2nd brisbane team, but a better name than "crushers"
i would like to see the wests/balmange abomination broken up. magpies to base themselves in campbelltown and look after the area from liverpool down to the southern highlands. tigers to relocate to adelaide

that would be a 20 team comp. keep the top 8 teams to make the finals.

Anything to fly that godawful banner of yours :lol:

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
Bring back the Jets, renamed the South Queensland Jets or New Brisbane Jets based in Ipswich playing out of Suncorp. Feeder arrangements with both Newtown and Ipswich. Green Ipswich jersey for home games, blue Newtown jersey for away games. Also train at Mascot oval when in Sydney. Jets was probably the coolest brand the ARL/NSWRL got rid of.

parraparraparra

Juniors
Bringing back a NSWRL team in the Newtown Jets and playing the. In Queensland? Hahahha. Yea good one. That really makes sense.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Bring back the Jets, renamed the South Queensland Jets or New Brisbane Jets based in Ipswich playing out of Suncorp. Feeder arrangements with both Newtown and Ipswich. Green Ipswich jersey for home games, blue Newtown jersey for away games. Also train at Mascot oval when in Sydney. Jets was probably the coolest brand the ARL/NSWRL got rid of.

Youre right that Newtown Jets is a cool brand, but brisbane is absolutely the wrong place for them...

Brisbane RL has already lost most its teams to an expanding NSW comp. youd find much more love for an old QLD team than a transplanted NSW one.

Jets would have been perfect for Melbourne back in 1998, but that ship's sailed. Perth/Adelaide/NT/Melbourne2 (pretty much any team in a predominately VFL market that could really take advantage of existing RL history). ANywhere else, and the Jets brand is just wasted...