What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Teach

Juniors
If You guys lose TMM surely Moylan goes to 5/8 for the rest of the season? Don't you guys have like ten young super talented backs who can compete for the fullback spot?

With our moron coach, he will play Cartwright there, rather than Moylan there with the options of dwz or dylan edwards.

Caged Panther

First Grade
I can't deal with the bullshit.

TMM to go but Cartwright to be the long term 5/8? FMD!!

If this is truly the way Griffin and the rest of the coaching staff are thinking they should all be sacked now. Cartwright is barely deserving of a spot in first grade right now and is there on the back of a reputation is not earned and underserved.

mxlegend99

Referee
I just cant see why Griffin would give up on a half so early when he stuck by Hunt for a few seasons developing him. Why he has never tried to use TMM off the bench like he did with Hunt?

We he would convert average ball playing fullbacks at Broncos to halves but not even try it with Moylan.

Our coach is a f**king moron. He tries the dumbest things you can imagine. Sticks to them when they fail yet wont try the things that worked again.

He hasnt considered:
Moylan to half (but he did with Norman and Hoffman)
Tmm on the bench (but he did with Hunt)
Peachey and Blake centres (it works last year... so why go back tp them)
A backup hooker option... he has just gotten rid of hookers.

mxlegend99

Referee
If You guys lose TMM surely Moylan goes to 5/8 for the rest of the season? Don't you guys have like ten young super talented backs who can compete for the fullback spot?
Thats what any smart coach would do... but no smart coach would consider letting Te Maire Martin go after a dozen games anyway.

We have the dumbest coach in the NRL. Hes taking premiership favorites to a wooden spoon.

hindy111

Post Whore
And no offense but stop over rating some young guys. Honestly Cleary also done eff all- A bomb and a step and they talk origin?
He may develop into a fine player in 3 yrs. But at moment he is one of the lesser halves in the comp.

Thats what any smart coach would do... but no smart coach would consider letting Te Maire Martin go after a dozen games anyway.

We have the dumbest coach in the NRL. Hes taking premiership favorites to a wooden spoon.

The only thing that might make sense why we'd let TMM go is salary cap.

One article mentioned the panthers estimated it would be around ten million, instead it'll be around nine.

Obviously TMM isn't on heaps but if they did estimate wrong by one million we'll need to shed a few players.

And no offense but stop over rating some young guys. Honestly Cleary also done eff all- A bomb and a step and they talk origin?
He may develop into a fine player in 3 yrs. But at moment he is one of the lesser halves in the comp.

Yes the panthers fans can tend to overrate our young juniors, but the Cleary last year showed a much great range of attacking ability. It seems he's following coaches orders this year.

mxlegend99

Referee

One article mentioned the panthers estimated it would be around ten million, instead it'll be around nine.

Obviously TMM isn't on heaps but if they did estimate wrong by one million we'll need to shed a few players.
Tmm would be on Unders considering he was an Under 20s player when we signed him. Releasing him to free up cap space wouldnt do much good.

If we are a million over you release big contract players. Not guys you signed for cheap.

Tmm would be on Unders considering he was an Under 20s player when we signed him. Releasing him to free up cap space wouldnt do much good.

If we are a million over you release big contract players. Not guys you signed for cheap.

Well you release big contract players if you can.

Reports were they tried to release Hiku but couldn't come to an agreement with Gold Coast.

mxlegend99

Referee
I honestly doubt theres a salary cap issue. Even after the supposed 8m cap we are signing and extending players. If we get rid of Te Maire Martin its purely because they are f**kwits who dont think he's a good enough 5/8th.

Those same people will then put Cartwright into 6 despite being a worse defender and not being as good at the key areas. They will do this hoping Moylan compensates for it and then have him at fullback hoping Dwz and Mansour compensate for how shit he is at fullback.

We seem deadset certain on having players in positions that dont suit them being covered by other players in positions that dont suit them.

Exsilium

First Grade
I highly doubt we will be releasing halves only a few months into the season, unless it is a better move for TMM and his development.

I've always struggled with the idea that Penrith needs to have juniors playing first grade. Whilst its a testiment to our systems I'd much rather we won games with a team of proven first graders then forever be the team that could. We will also be raided if these players ever reach potential anyway. This is why teams like Canberra shifted focus from juniors to just buying players to do the job. Look at their turn around.

We are guilty of picking up and developing players that are too good not to have in the side but then not knowing where to play them and it becomes a log jam. We need to lose players in order to maintain a consistent side but the halves dont need to change.

Copperhead

Juniors

If that's the problem then the answer is Tamou. You couldn't find a bigger waste of cap space.

I hope they let TMM go. Can't wait to see this bite us in a few years. We'll be like the Bulldogs lamenting Thurston's loss. Best of our 3 playmakers this season, so let him go....genius.

If that's the problem then the answer is Tamou. You couldn't find a bigger waste of cap space.

I hope they let TMM go. Can't wait to see this bite us in a few years. We'll be like the Bulldogs lamenting Thurston's loss. Best of our 3 playmakers this season, so let him go....genius.

Perhaps but you have to find another team that'll take him on. No easy & for sure we'll be paying a significant amount of his salary.

panfashark

Juniors
Apparently Dylan Edwards has already signed at the Tigers, just what I have heard.
If he has Moylan needs to stay at fullback doesnt he?
Why not play Wallace at HB Cleary at 5/8?
Maybe just stop playing touch footy, make some metres, get a defensive structure and start again.

Apparently Dylan Edwards has already signed at the Tigers, just what I have heard.
If he has Moylan needs to stay at fullback doesnt he?
Why not play Wallace at HB Cleary at 5/8?
Maybe just stop playing touch footy, make some metres, get a defensive structure and start again.

That'd be disappointing if true but I can't imagine they'd release TMM if they've already lost Edwards.

Plus Edwards is contracted for next year, tigers need a fullback now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts