What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

murraymob

Coach
Seems like we could definitely be doing more on the merch and community front, but really success is a big deal. With more games won we will see fans returning.

sadly it was one of those areas that had to be cut back considering the club financially was on its knees.The club was running 2 stores and a large range of merchandise that during summer would have had zero interest.
The club has worked its resources into getting results on the field believing that will help build the other areas.For me now i can see a direction the club is heading i dont mind

Big Mick

Referee
Are we really not in the community? I had thought our community presence had increased dramatically. I'm often seeing tweets with the guys going to Schools in the area etc.

pantherpuddy

Juniors
I just hope we have learnt a lesson this season and we are a lot smarter with the selection of our top 25 for next year. Theres no point assuming the nrl will have all this 2nd tier crap sorted

maple_69

Bench
I agree Mick, they seem to be doing quite a bit in the community. Id say we have one of the better community programs of the Sydney teams. They have also done a great job of building a great culture. We dont have any dickhead players and havent been in the news for the wrong reasons for a long time.
I think there is certainly some work to do on the conmercial side such as marketing. They have made getting to games more accessible, however, and I think it may have been a whole lot of money falling on deaf ears if we had pushed massively while we are a rabble. If we manage to reach one possible fan next year and they have a positive experience or association with the club, we're much likelier to convert them into a fan.

franklin2323

Immortal
Are we really not in the community? I had thought our community presence had increased dramatically. I'm often seeing tweets with the guys going to Schools in the area etc.

We have done that since I was at school nothing new there. Always in actual Penrith. never to Blacktown or Nth Richmond. Back in Lang's days there was open training session with fundraisers at Katoomba etc. Now the roster is fixed we can do that type of stuff

franklin2323

Immortal
Also the way I knew about the Brown jersey ( like I know the 03 jersey for the Roosters game ) for the Storm game? A trip to League's n Legends. That jersey should of been available through the club well before that.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
After watching the wallabies last night I would love to see Izzy at the foot of the mountain!!

Come on Gus! Make it happen!!

meek

Juniors
After watching the wallabies last night I would love to see Izzy at the foot of the mountain!!

Come on Gus! Make it happen!!

Thought George North looked good - if we miss Israel how abt a play for North - looks a pretty damn good player to me

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Thought George North looked good - if we miss Israel how abt a play for North - looks a pretty damn good player to me

North is an excellent player, not sure how he we would go in League, he is no where as athletic as Izzy, in fact I think izzy out lept him two or three times. Izzy brings, speed, power, athleticism and his passing game has come a long way in 12 months.

You put him in our back line and we will win a premiership.

Panther Pete

Juniors
On MMM this morning they linked Izzy to the roosters......surely that must be a gee up for them to be able to afford him!!! They also said Benji to us.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
On MMM this morning they linked Izzy to the roosters......surely that must be a gee up for them to be able to afford him!!! They also said Benji to us.

Said it before, say it again, I'd love to have Benji!!

Just not sure it would be the smartest move for our club?

meek

Juniors

LOL we all know the roosters have ways and means
The roosters always seem to be operating a different cap IMO
Without getting into a bagging session - the rub of the green always goes the roosters way - Maybe Uncle Nick is something to do with it

Anyhow if the roosters wasn't him he will be there
They will probably get rid of some bum to fit him in and - he will just be squeezed in LOL

Oh sorry he will play for less to play with the roosters - isn't that the standard line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts