What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Comings and Goings - The Transit Lounge

Teddy is a bit of a merkin with the way he's carried on but there's no denying he's a class player. Certainly won't look out of place at Easts. Might be the icing to take your boys to the next trophy as much as that pains me to say.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Is anyone buying the Latrell OUT rumours?
Not really, I highly doubt we'd be willing to cut him loose so quickly after the dummy spit against the broncos.

I'm sure robbo has him in his future plans. Latrell just needs to put his head down and work when he's back in firsts. Surely he replaces SKiD this week.

Is anyone buying the Latrell OUT rumours?

Not at all. I think it is people blowing smoke where no fire exists. Plenty of players have been yanked from games yet come back better than ever. I doubt the club would be willing to give up on him so early, and after the stuff in the papers a few weeks back where his Dad was talking both our club and Trent Robinbson up as being good for Latrell can I see it having changed based solely on rumours which are coming from non-credible sources (e.g. "a mate/friend/acquaintance has heard...").

If there was any substance to them I would expect the mainstream media (i.e newspapers, TV stations, radio) to have picked up and started reporting it by now. Reason being it helps them fill up air time or pages in their publications.

(Edit: Fixed some typos).

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
Lurker is running with the fallout with the coach, club not happy with attitude, teammates don't like him story

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Lurker is full of shitnusually isn't he? I don't follow him to be honest. Like CA said tho, not one of the major media outlets have run with the story. You'd think someone like Rothfield or Kent would be running with it since teddy signed. Be easy enough to link it.

Fact is Lats is contracted to us for 3 more seasons and it's obvious robbo sees a future with him in the centres. Hopefully he gets a run back in firsts this week and rips in like he can.

Tommy Smith

Referee
The Latrell rumour is right up there for authenticity alongside the 'Teddy has reneged and will go to the Eels in a swap for Gutho' story.

The Lurker knows f**k all. He even asks his 'readers' to email in any rumours they've heard.

The merkin is probably Sean Spicer.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
The Latrell rumour is right up there for authenticity alongside the 'Teddy has reneged and will go to the Eels in a swap for Gutho' story.

The Lurker knows f**k all. He even asks his 'readers' to email in any rumours they've heard.

The merkin is probably Sean Spicer.
Just saw your run down of the lurker on the pen tommy and it's spot on. He knows sfa.

Fact is we are in the middle of rejuvenating our squad with the likes of SKD and fergo not being signed, so latrell will be a big part of our plans going forward.

You just know most Souths fans have heard or read the rumour and taken it as gospel.

Valheru

Coach
The Latrell rumour is wishful thinking by opposition fans, particularly souffs who have convinced themselves their rotten club is a natural landing spot for him because he is an indigenous player.

I did expect Latrell back sooner but I guess Manu took his opportunity so Robbo stuck with him. If he doesn't get named in place of SKD then we can start looking at the rumours a little more seriously.

adamkungl

Immortal
The Latrell rumour is wishful thinking by opposition fans, particularly souffs who have convinced themselves their rotten club is a natural landing spot for him because he is an indigenous player.

I did expect Latrell back sooner but I guess Manu took his opportunity so Robbo stuck with him. If he doesn't get named in place of SKD then we can start looking at the rumours a little more seriously.

Looking forward to teamlists today, on that note.

There is a story on the Sydney Morning Herald's website saying Michael Gordon may go around again for us in 2018. He is in the very early stage of talks with the club. If he doesn't sign for us, he's going to play for the Tweed Coast Raiders as apparently he made a commitment to play 1 year of park footy after he finishes up in the NRL. He said those are his 2 choices as he does not feel it fair to uproot his young family again if he signs with a different NRL club.

Source: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...playing-on-with-roosters-20170510-gw1o36.html

Just to put the Latrell rumours to bed, the following is from the NRL's website -

Robinson lauds Mitchell's 'great performance'
Mon 15 May, 2017, 7:12am
By Martin Gabor, National Correspondent‌‌, ‌‌‌NRL.com
@MartinJGabor

Roosters centre Latrell Mitchell justified his recall to the NRL side with a dominant display on the left edge in his first game back since being subbed off against the Broncos in Round 6.

The 19-year-old took just four minutes to open the scoring as his side thumped the Eels 48-10 at Allianz Stadium, with Mitchell finishing the game with 119 metres, six tackle breaks and no missed tackles.

"I thought it was a great performance," Roosters coach Trent Robinson said after the game.

"On the defensive side he moved really well on that left edge with Boyd (Cordner) and the boys over there, and then [in] attack, we all see that and we saw what we got. But his kick-chase was really good – I thought his kick-chase was exceptional."

After all the hype surrounding him last year, it couldn't have been easy for Mitchell to be sent back to play for the Wyong Roos in the Intrust Super Premiership but according to his coach the Indigenous All Star handled himself with aplomb.

Robinson said the outside noise surrounding his decision to move Mitchell back to reserve grade was way over the top and off the mark, with the youngster doing everything in his power to earn a recall.

"It's really private the stuff that we talked about," he said.

"I think everyone speculated on what we discussed and how I was feeling and he was feeling. It was pretty ridiculous for a while there, actually.

"We understood how we wanted him to play and what he's capable of and he just needed a couple of weeks off. He played some good reserve grade games and came back in and played really well tonight.

"We try to create a story out of it about why and what's going to happen and all that, but the guy played well tonight and he deserved it. He played bloody well and he earned it through training and hard work and all that, and that's what this week will be about again."

Tipped by many to be one of the games of the round, the Roosters blew their opponents off the park with a performance that Robinson had been calling for after their 6-3 start to the season.

"We thought we'd been good, not great, in the first nine rounds, so we wanted to have a really good start. We wanted everyone to be on and I thought we were. That was our style tonight," he said.

"You can't dictate the score before a game, but we wanted to play better than what we had been.

"I don't know why the score ended up like that – other than that we continually applied pressure, and we got some good results."

So don't believe people when they start posting about him wanting out. None of the people who posted it had credible sources at all.

cb4

First Grade
I got told a few days ago that Gordon is likely to re-sign and be on the wing for your guys.
Rumours are you have signed Chambers?
Ferguson looking like he may be out the door with Cronulla, Wests and Canterbury looking at him.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
I got told a few days ago that Gordon is likely to re-sign and be on the wing for your guys.
Rumours are you have signed Chambers?
Ferguson looking like he may be out the door with Cronulla, Wests and Canterbury looking at him.
Wouldn't mind chambers at all. Good defensively which we lack at times in the centres.

Latest posts