What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Spot On

Coach
When you've lost 45 of the last 51 games no one is coming for bottom of the barrel money.

Good. Then don't come. If you are a bottom feeder then be paid like one. Otherwise f**k off.

Brown has just got rid of all out highly paid underachievers, Mullo helped us out and only Hodko is left.

We aren't going back to what Brown has just spent 18 months getting rid of. Surely.

slotmachine

First Grade
You don't get to keep your job if you collect three spoons while chanting rebuild and cleanout.

This was his plan to burn the place to the ground, it's not that difficult to sack everyone and come last with one win. If he can't get players in to win games that is on him.

I think the problem was they bottomed out too hard. If we could have scraped together 7 or 8 wins in 2016 we wouldn't be poison to anyone with a bit of quality.

macavity

Referee
You don't get to keep your job if you collect three spoons while chanting rebuild and cleanout.

This was his plan to burn the place to the ground, it's not that difficult to sack everyone and come last with one win. If he can't get players in to win games that is on him.

I think the problem was they bottomed out too hard. If we could have scraped together 7 or 8 wins in 2016 we wouldn't be poison to anyone with a bit of quality.

Bennett, self proclaimed best coach everer, couldn't do better and bolted when it looked like hard work.

The coach isn't the problem, the NRL is.

Spot On

Coach
FFS Slots. You've spent too much time in that other forum.

He needed money to buy players capable of winning games. We had none. That was not Brown's fault.

The board has supported his view and will have to continue to do so. This must be seen out. I don't give a shit if it takes 5 spoons to fix.

One of the problems here, besides the comp having a few teams with large TPA $$$ is that there are bugger all quality halves and props going around atm.

When Korbin Sims is being talked up as a possible prop option for QLD there is a serious lack of depth across the comp.

Look at the halves, Keiran Foran is the only bloke that has become available that you could have a shot at knowing he IS a genuine match winning half. The rest are shyte.

Yes, having some more wins on the board would have been nice and made the place look a little more attractive but you can't have that AND money left over to spend on recruiting a quality roster when you don't have the Broncos TPA advantages.

Last edited:

slotmachine

First Grade
You might not have caught the news, but all the Tigers' good players got sick of losing and left. That would never happen in Newcastle of course.

Spot On

Coach
They were part of the problem Slots. They can sell their story however they like but I can clearly see they were part of the problem.

The club is also in a mess at the top and has been for years, since the end of the Tim Sheens era.

Players have been in control there for years. Is that not obvious to you??????

Spot On

Coach
fb_img_1492730863442-jpg.12682

This from the Rumoured Signings thread in the NRL forum.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Oh jesus barry toohey threw up three names, frawley, tyrone roberts and townsend.

Frawley. Cheaper and from what I have seen can organise and run. Then throw massive monies at Graham for 2018 or 2019 if Dogs won"t release him. Or buy a middle fwd for nezt year and the kitchen sink at 2 gun props for 2019.

Spot On

Coach
Lol. Are they still available?

Hey here's an idea - let's give Uate 500K, Mullo 750K and Snowden 400K etc to help us win ......

Nothing.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
I wouldn't be against chad townsend. He's twice the player that hokko is.

I think a Townsend/Josh Reynolds halves combo could work.

I also think 7. Lamb 6. Josh Reynolds would work.

I don't think a lamb and Townsend combo would work.
Jeezus go back to watching AFL mate

Latest posts