Rumoured Targets 3

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights' started by CobyDelaney, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Pedge1971

Pedge1971 Juniors

Word is.Cowboys want Mbye. We won't get him either......

2. NoSchitSherlock

NoSchitSherlock Juniors

I'd put Buhrer as captain and possibly a utility off the bench.

3. Glendale

Glendale Juniors

Why not? Because Knights won't sign anyone and the whole club is dead?

Mataulino and Bolton are offcontract. Dogs need to shed $2.5mill off their cap. We are as good a chance as anyone at getting Graham.

4. Hardcore_Fan

Hardcore_Fan Juniors

Matulino has signed with the tigers

5. Still Nutty

Still Nutty Juniors

While I know it's not a deal until it's in ink, I've flagged since 3rd April in this thread that there was very clear mail that Mantulino is going to Tigers based on his relationship with Cleary and this seems to have all but been done now (particularly with Woods going)...and the other issue also mentioned earlier is the Knights reluctance to really even consider him until the medical reports are available - so I expect he just isn't going to be on the market for us.

6. Spot On

Spot On First Grade

Two knee operations for Matulino yes?? Tigers are most welcome to his services.

7. Hardcore_Fan

Hardcore_Fan Juniors

Chad Townsend has re-signed with the sharks. Cross him off the list.

8. perverse

perverse Referee

Geez there's been a lot of ink put to paper lately. None of it our paper, of course.

9. Hardcore_Fan

Hardcore_Fan Juniors

Looks like the salary cap will be 9.14 million next season. Funny that greenberg has increased it from the 8.5mil he wanted just after the dogs have signed foran and woods.

Yeah a bit of a conspiracy theory, so what.

10. GetUpstandup2k

GetUpstandup2k Juniors

What I'd also like to add to the list is Sandor Earl whose four year NRL ban due to the asada peptide supplement saga ends in August, been following his return documentary on his Facebook page and he's been training the house down during his ongoing exile, I know people are going to say that he was average during his career but in my eyes he was a good player on his day, I think Earl would be a solid pickup playing at Centre or maybe Second Row/Lock due to the muscle he has sustained over the years during his suspension in his Gyms in Thailand and Melbourne.

11. Hardcore_Fan

Hardcore_Fan Juniors

12. Mr_Knightside

Mr_Knightside Juniors

This probably won't be a popular post and I've got no idea if he's off contract or not but what about Clint Gutherson? Can play at fullback, outside backs and can fill in at 5/8 and has looked like a more than capable first grader over the last couple of seasons. Given the Eels have signed Mitchell Moses it doesn't look like Gutherson will get a halves gig next year and French seems to be the first choice fullback and they've got some handy centres and wingers there too. Dunno maybe he could be an option for us? Not going to solve all our problems but could be a good utility pick up. Thoughts?

13. Hardcore_Fan

Hardcore_Fan Juniors

I'd take gutherson for sure. Can fill anywhere in the back line at a pinch. Not sure where his best position is. Could do a lot worse

14. Btp

Btp Juniors

Is he off contract?

15. Mr_Knightside

Mr_Knightside Juniors

Dunno, but wouldn't stop us enquiring... he might want to go somewhere where he can lock down a position.

16. Hello, I'm The Doctor

Hello, I'm The Doctor First Grade

I think our best chance of anyone decent will be from England. It would probably be a lot easier getting a Brit to move to Newwy than a Sydneysider....

Given the new stratospheric salary cap, im sure we could outbid any English team and in sure there would be a few in the SL wanting to test themselves in the NRL.

The Knights have a good history of keeping negotiations secret until the formal announcement, so we wont know if Brown is cooking something like this up until after someone signs. But given his time there and given we arent likely to get anyone substantial from another team here, i really think England is where the focus should be...

Edit: If his knee is still up to it, id have Brown throw the checkbook at Jonny Lomax.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017 at 10:32 PM
  17. macavity

macavity Coach

The one we really could have used (George Williams) just re-signed for 4 years with Wigan.

slotmachine likes this.
  18. Hardcore_Fan

Hardcore_Fan Juniors

With the super rugby being a shambles is there anyone there worth looking at? We have more money than any super rugby franchise can offer.

19. Bartwah

Bartwah Juniors

That Angus Crichton bloke that's playing for the bunnies use to be an Australian schoolboy Rugby Union player. He's playing some great footy! Union players are all that might be left to sign lol

20. Hello, I'm The Doctor

Hello, I'm The Doctor First Grade

Im pretty sure our shitty team could still beat the Wallabies

I wouldnt mind taking a punt on a Union player, but again id be more interested looking overseas...