What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

slotmachine

First Grade
They robbed Manly blind with the Aku/Buhrer swap, hopefully we get a repeat.

Some talk of walker to the broncos, who are just about shameless at this point.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Of course the broncos have a spare 500k for walker, oh sorry, broncos don't have to pay any kind of perceived market value for players, so make that $80k.

I hope the broncos are banking on a $10mil cap next season and it blows up in their face

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I hate the Broncos, I mean I really really hate them.

They're basically the golden child of the NRL and have always had the silver spoon in their mouth. Literally every possible variable is in their favour and they are given a leg up at every opportunity. Consistent 7 day turn around just about every week, big sponsorship dollars, access to unlimited TPAs, the best sponsorship time slot for their games every week, the refs scared to call 50/50's against them because they're one of the "big clubs" - the list goes on...

Then to top it all off they have an arrogant coach who is considered to be a god-like figure yet it's conveniently ignored that he effectively left our playing roster in tatters and then jumped ship and wiped his hands clean of any blame, because god forbid Wayne Bennett's reputation being spoiled. He likes to be known as the moral compass of the game and bringing issues to the fore yet the rules never seem to apply when it's the Broncos involved.

Seriously the NRL must know how much hypocrisy and inequality there is in the game, yet they do nothing about it.

Spot On

Coach
You know Knightside, there a few who lurk in here who don't lay any blame on Bennett for any of the mess Brown took on.

Great post.

If the books at the NRL are as dire as some are saying then the NRL need Brisbane to be stronger than ever. They must have strength up north to at least help fund the fight they are losing in NSW. And to do that they generally have to lay back and be dictated to by those paying the tv rights. Brisbane get the advantage of playing most Friday nights and hence a favourable draw. They also seem to keep half a dozen or so origin players on the books and pay not much for a lot of their othrr players.

What a wonderful cycle.

Last edited:

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...im-lucrative-sponsorship-20170520-gw995m.html

'Show me the money': Maloney

James Maloney isn't happy with his lot at Cronulla and could be seeking a release if he doesn't earn an upgrade.

The NSW playmaker is on a deal worth about $550,000 for next season, but believes that figure doesn't do him justice. Newcastle will be quick to pounce if Maloney was to become available, while Penrith is one of several other clubs watching the situation with interest.

Big-money deals, such as the one secured by Ben Hunt at the Dragons, have heated up the player market and raised the expectations of the game's elite. The Sharks are under no obligation to increase Maloney's pay packet, although the issue has the potential to affect the club's title defence.

I know its just a gossip rag, but hopefully this leads to something good for us. Id love to have Maloney for the last few years of his career.

Luke still feeling the force

Don't be surprised to see Luke Lewis play on for a 17th season in the NRL.

The Cronulla forward will turn 34 in August but believes he still has good football left in him. However, the former NSW and Australian representative will likely need to leave the Shire in order to extend his career.

Depending on the price, i think Lewis would be a good short-term pick up for us...

Give us a bit of experience and a mentor for the younger guys. He doesnt SEEM like the classic "rocks for brains" footballer.

Not sure if signing Cody Walker would be that consistent in messaging to players. We drop Ross for going to the media and Walkers media comments where 10 times worse.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
If we signed Maloney and Cronk we still have cash left for a marquee forward.

Imagine if the planets aligned and it actually happened

Latest posts