What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

MilanDragon

Juniors
A number of very good posts above each explaining the possible causes of the teams success or failure this season .
Also the value of having ready made replacements for the injuries which are bound to occur and of course the SOO period namely from our lower grade players .
The wheels have now been put into motion for season 2018 and one can only hope that our Mary would have learnt from his past mistakes and has the answers when the problems do appear , as that will undoubtedly be the biggest hurdle of all .

I wonder if that’s why we’ve seen both Host and Sele spending time in ISP, to keep their match fitness up. While it would be great for them to get more time in FG, it’s fine they’re only going to get 20-30 minutes then when the time comes for them to step up they will struggle with fitness.

Maybe I’m giving Mcgregor too much credit, but I could see logic in that idea too.

Bench
In regard to our younger players, hope you didn't witness the shit the Reggies produced today ! Mind you the saving grace is in some ways it is easier when you are playing with better players. It does highlight to me that having great juniors is great but acquisition still is more important.Credit to Basil for this so go find a speedy outside back & a front rower because we aint got any ready in the reggies.
I did watch the game and I was looking forward to it.
The team were disgrace. There is no one in that team pushing for a first grade spot.
Field in particular was disgusting. He should be ashamed with how he playec

Overseas dragon

Juniors
In regard to our younger players, hope you didn't witness the shit the Reggies produced today ! Mind you the saving grace is in some ways it is easier when you are playing with better players. It does highlight to me that having great juniors is great but acquisition still is more important.Credit to Basil for this so go find a speedy outside back & a front rower because we aint got any ready in the reggies.
I tend to disagree Kerr in my opinion might very well make the grade also I don't mind Periera and Herbert .Young guns can improve in first grade Host was ok yesterday as well as Lawrie.

ouryears

Bench
While things are all good, l see no reason to rock the boat.
We just want a double helping of 'more of the same', thank you very muchly.
Agree mate, we are going well, the players are playing for their own pride, for Mary and for us.

I don't think our team would take kindly to any talk of chopping their coach.

Last edited:

ouryears

Bench
Recent story out of Brisbane re Creeping replacement when it's time.

According to former Broncos prop Ben Hannant, the solution is staring them in the face.

Jason Demetriou!!

Whoever gets him, they’ll win comps. He’s the real deal.”

Hannant was at the Cowboys when Jason Demetriou was recruited to Green’s coaching staff in 2015 and given his success since and current post with the Broncos, Hannant is in no doubt that he should be given a chance to prove himself at the NRL level.

“Jason Demetriou is the man,” Hannant emphatically told foxsports.com.au.

“Jason Demetriou will get an NRL gig and when he does he will kill it.

“His track record speaks for itself and after taking over the attack from ‘Kevvie’ (Kevin Walters)

I could notice a change even against Newcastle with how the forwards were using the ball and playing to their strengths.

7524a65f39c718211f26cc17d0033a3c

Assistant coach Jason Demetriou has once again assumed control of the Broncos attack following the sudden departure of Kevin Walters. Photo: Richard Walker
“I have nothing but massive raps on Jason Demetriou as not only a man manager but as a tactician as well.

“Blokes want to play for him and tactically he knows rugby league so well.

“I wish I could have been coached by him in first grade.

“Whoever gets him, they’ll win comps. He’s the real deal.”

Like batting after Bradman or following ‘The King’ at karaoke, coaching the Broncos in the post-Bennett era is viewed by some as an unwinnable assignment.

The biggest brand in the NRL demands a head coach with a high profile and the gravitas to match, an argument that falls on deaf ears when put to Hannant.

“You need whoever the best man for the job is,” said Hannant, who spent three seasons under Bennett in his 245-game career.

“Would you have been happy at the Roosters when they got Trent Robinson from Super League?

First year, won a comp. What more can you ask for?

“The game changes and evolves.

“There’s a reason why Wayne has been involved in this game for more than 30 years. He’s an outstanding man manager and he gets good people around him.

“He gets smart people around him who are experts in their field and that’s what the Broncos need.”

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...s/news-story/90d25bc522d5e392aec176ce8c67446f

Last edited:

avocado

Juniors
Things are going ok so far. Great actually. But I just can't get out of my head the crap decisions McGregor has made in the past. Also the capitulations last year against lowly sides pointed to extremely poor preparation.
Happy how we're going but apprehensive.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Being apprehensive so far is fine, but sacking Mary right this second would cause a lot more damage than good. I'm certain the playing group would be against such a move too

ouryears

Bench
I did watch the game and I was looking forward to it.
The team were disgrace. There is no one in that team pushing for a first grade spot.
Field in particular was disgusting. He should be ashamed with how he playec
Dead set coaching issue.

ouryears

Bench
Hmmm. You don't think we had coaching issues last season?

100% yes, I was out for Mary's blood last year ....and the year before. Big time.

And I am still apprehensive.

But I also think he is NOW doing his job and deserves to be supported by us all while he is going so well.

We can always revitalise the thread should things turn bad.

But I don't think it will go bad.

Things have turned.

avocado

Juniors
100% yes, I was out for Mary's blood last year ....and the year before. Big time.

And I am still apprehensive.

But I also think he is NOW doing his job and deserves to be supported by us all while he is going so well.

We can always revitalise the thread should things turn bad.

But I don't think it will go bad.

Things have turned.
All good. Seems we're on the same wavelength.

Gareth67

First Grade
I wonder if that’s why we’ve seen both Host and Sele spending time in ISP, to keep their match fitness up. While it would be great for them to get more time in FG, it’s fine they’re only going to get 20-30 minutes then when the time comes for them to step up they will struggle with fitness.

Maybe I’m giving Mcgregor too much credit, but I could see logic in that idea too.

MilanDragon , no , i don't think so . He got the team fired up after the loss to the Warriors which was no mean feat , more so when considering the 4 day turnaround.
Perhaps he is aware of the selection headache that will occur when the SOO call up arrives and as you have suggested he would prefer those lower grade players coming into 1st grade ( during that period) to be match fit .
And if that is indeed the case then it would appear that he has matured in his way of thinking - to a degree . But I do know one thing and that is all shall be revealed in next weekends match against the Premiers .

Last edited:

mickeylane

Bench
The best thing Paul can do is step down now and leave us in an ok position.
And hire who?
Hasler?
Mcguire?
Toovey?
You cracking jokes? Mcgregor bleeds red and white and the players are responding to what he's dishing up this year.. If UTS good enough for players like
Hunt
Vaughan
Graham
WIDDOP
To Come out in public and support the coaches methods is good enough for me if its good enough for them..

ozbuck

Juniors
Things are going ok so far. Great actually. But I just can't get out of my head the crap decisions McGregor has made in the past. Also the capitulations last year against lowly sides pointed to extremely poor preparation.
Happy how we're going but apprehensive.

With that logic Ivan clearly must have had very poor prep this week with their loss to the last placed eels.

Latest posts