What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
I don’t want Bellamy either - but I do want a coach. I didn’t really like Bennett but I sure as hell loved winning the comp.

We really missed a golden opportunity when we let Cleary slip through because of Board cronyism. He is s very good coach.

We do have a very good side now although 1 class center and winger short of what I would like. We will do well against the weaker teams. We lack a coach that can take a good side to great, especially to handle the big pressure cooker games.

I want to see how we go against the in form sides this year before I make my judgement on this year. Warriors were our first litmus test and we failed badly. I think we will do okay on ANZAC day although the dumb draw by NRL to send us to NZ just before a mid week game. How we go against in form tigers, panthers and storm will be interesting. With souths we just hung on last time and meet them again soon on their turf.

In my view, the NRL has a weaker year with no big dominant teams and so we would be serious premiership contenders with a top class coach.

Bench
2017. 6 and 1
2018 6 and 1
I don’t like omens but I don’t a repeat.
Dissapointed that McIdiot screwed up the bench. Sele should have been on.
Graham was disappointing, JDB had a quite game and I see that he rested. I hope he doesn’t have an injury.
It’s going to be hard for us next four games. This will really test the coach.
It’s going to make or break us

Frank Facer

First Grade
2017. 6 and 1
2018 6 and 1
I don’t like omens but I don’t a repeat.
Dissapointed that McIdiot screwed up the bench. Sele should have been on.
Graham was disappointing, JDB had a quite game and I see that he rested. I hope he doesn’t have an injury.
It’s going to be hard for us next four games. This will really test the coach.
It’s going to make or break us
If someone would have said to you at the beginning of the year, how would you like us to be 6 wins and 1 lose after 7 rounds, what would you have replied?

I would have said excellent.

ouryears

Bench
I don’t want Bellamy either - but I do want a coach. I didn’t really like Bennett but I sure as hell loved winning the comp.

We really missed a golden opportunity when we let Cleary slip through because of Board cronyism. He is s very good coach.

We do have a very good side now although 1 class center and winger short of what I would like. We will do well against the weaker teams. We lack a coach that can take a good side to great, especially to handle the big pressure cooker games.

I want to see how we go against the in form sides this year before I make my judgement on this year. Warriors were our first litmus test and we failed badly. I think we will do okay on ANZAC day although the dumb draw by NRL to send us to NZ just before a mid week game. How we go against in form tigers, panthers and storm will be interesting. With souths we just hung on last time and meet them again soon on their turf.

In my view, the NRL has a weaker year with no big dominant teams and so we would be serious premiership contenders with a top class coach.
How good is Ivan Cleary, he would have been awesome for us.

If someone would have said to you at the beginning of the year, how would you like us to be 6 wins and 1 lose after 7 rounds, what would you have replied?

Awesome. But how about you give us a similar hypothetical for end of year success?

Straight Shooter

rednwhites

Juniors
Oddly found myself agreeing with what McGregor has said in the press conference last night in terms of his read of the game. The take home message for mine is that, in his words, the short turn around "is no excuse" for our upcoming match. I'll be holding that to him if he can't get the team prepared for the game. I know there won't be many training sessions but we do need to work on a few things to keep improving and account for solid teams like the Roosters.

We were 6-1 last year and and 6-1 in 2015 with a very dodgy attacking year in between. Up until this point we look like a different team but, as the better teams start to click into gear, if we can't lift to a new level and take hold of our destiny, this statistic will mean jack all. Have said all along that it would be how we react to a loss that will give us the best indication of this team. We lose Wednesday and players and fans alike will get the wobbles.

Bring your A Game Mary and let's rip into those Roosters.

getsmarty

Immortal
Oddly found myself agreeing with what McGregor has said in the press conference last night in terms of his read of the game. The take home message for mine is that, in his words, the short turn around "is no excuse" for our upcoming match. I'll be holding that to him if he can't get the team prepared for the game. I know there won't be many training sessions but we do need to work on a few things to keep improving and account for solid teams like the Roosters.

We were 6-1 last year and and 6-1 in 2015 with a very dodgy attacking year in between. Up until this point we look like a different team but, as the better teams start to click into gear, if we can't lift to a new level and take hold of our destiny, this statistic will mean jack all. Have said all along that it would be how we react to a loss that will give us the best indication of this team. We lose Wednesday and players and fans alike will get the wobbles.

Bring your A Game Mary and let's rip into those Roosters.

Agree....The Good teams rarely lose 2 games in a row....We have the roosters/Storm/Rabbitohs...coming up. These games will tell us how well we are really going.

And when a team has a few losses in a row, you will see what the coaching staff are really made of....I think we are much improved on last year....Over to you Paul....

St Georgio

Juniors
Agree....The Good teams rarely lose 2 games in a row....We have the roosters/Storm/Rabbitohs...coming up. These games will tell us how well we are really going.

And when a team has a few losses in a row, you will see what the coaching staff are really made of....I think we are much improved on last year....Over to you Paul....
Over to you Paul, please leave at the end of the year, if you fail to make Top 4 position.
I really can't believe some here, not wanting McGuire, Hasler , Tony Smith, and not wanting Bellamy tops the list of truly unbelievable thinking.
Thank God Ian Millward is there keeping us competitive!

Over to you Paul, please leave at the end of the year, if you fail to make Top 4 position.
I really can't believe some here, not wanting McGuire, Hasler , Tony Smith, and not wanting Bellamy tops the list of truly unbelievable thinking.

Hasler? Seriously? Have you seen the mess he created at Bulldogs?
Back ended contracts have ripped them apart.

Bench

I would have been joyfully stunned with that start.

ouryears

Bench
You think Maguire and Hasler got the sack because they were good? Pleaaseeee!

O'Sullivan

Juniors
A 'B' Plan would help. We always only seem to have one plan and if that hits problems we don't seem to change our approach

Latest posts