What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

LINESPEED

Juniors
I’m sure the new guys at the club look around that dressing room at players like Lafai, Aitken, Latimore and wonder to themselves “how are you still in this team”

.......and thus you lose the dressing room

Mc Dead Man Walking must've done some serious media arse licking in his time as I couldn't believe how far Crawley was wedged up his clacker the other night on Fox.
Most damn him with faint praise and are loathe to be critical of coaches they need access to if they are to ply their trade.
Kent knows the writing's on the wall & if there's a merciful God Cleary will administer the last rites Sat arvo.
A self inflicted tragedy.

He should've been humble enough to occasionally take on board some well intended & considered Forum advice?

Last edited:

zombiebloodlust

Juniors
Mc Dead Man Walking must've done some serious media arse licking in his time as I couldn't believe how far Crawley was wedged up his clacker the other night on Fox.
The only silver lining is that Paul Crawley is completely bereft of credibility and that barely anyone listens to him and absolutely zero have any respect for him. So that's ok.

Crossbow

Juniors
Just saw the thread slipping down the page.FMD people our coach is seriously deluded.He said he has a year to go on his contract and he will see it out.Excuse me the only thing you should be seeing out is the door slapping you on the arze on the way to the Centrelink.How much can we as supporters of this club have to deal with.Far out so disappointing.Even if we by some miracle come good he has to go.You have to be accountable at some point.That time has come and gone a couple of times now.Grow a set Dragons hierarchy and do your job and don’t make us suffer from this muppet of a coach any more.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
.......and thus you lose the dressing room

Most damn him with faint praise and are loathe to be critical of coaches they need access to if they are to ply their trade.
Kent knows the writing's on the wall & if there's a merciful God Cleary will administer the last rites Sat arvo.
A self inflicted tragedy.

He should've been humble enough to occasionally take on board some well intended & considered Forum advice?
I just hope Kent is right

Banjo2014

Juniors
Felt very sorry for poor old Trent Barrett this evening. What a dismal loss.

However cannot feel any sympathy for McGregor.

If he had conviction, balls and a heart just to say for the sake of the club - tried my best - I want the club to succeed and go to the next level and at this time I don't think I am the man for the position.

I would ask the club to give him an admin position somewhere and keep him on the books, just not coach.

Or he ould head to Superleague and have a few seasons over there to freshen up.

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
We can only hope that Doust departing gift to the club is sacking McGregor and delivering, Bennett.

I’ll even settle just for the sacking.

Can't see it happening unless we tank and lose all our remaining games...the guys made of teflon...

I have nothing against him personally, it's just time for a change...since Bennett left we have been mediocre.

Mary has the side he wants and we still go on our usual end of year fade....about time the journos ask him that exact question....Players haven't been given the rest they needed...

JDB FEELS MENTAL TOLL OF ORIGIN

Jack de Belin says he’d handle future State of Origin campaigns differently if given the chance after admitting St George Illawarra are suffering a representative hangover.

De Belin was among the most battered and bruised from this year’s Origin series as he required pain-killing injections in his hip to play.

But it was mentally where he was left the most fatigued.

Although he took days off from club training, the Dragons lock played through the representative period without a break, But de Belin said in hindsight he needed to let his mind rest more to leave himself mentally fresher for the run home to the finals.

“I’ve learnt a lot the past couple of months,” the 27-year-old said.. “I’ve never had so much footy going on in my life, it was kind of a footy overload.

“I have other interests, it gets hard there when everything’s footy, you’ve got so many media commitments, you’re forever hearing, talking about it, it gets a little bit hard.

“It’s not necessarily (about resting). Just when I’m not at footy, just don’t be thinking about it at all, just completely switch off.”

De Belin’s story mirrors that of the Dragons’ recent fortunes.

“Obviously throughout Origin period it was hard, even still now, you look at our squad and there’s probably a bit of a hangover happening,” de Belin said.

“But at the same time, there can’t be any excuses for that.

“Every other club’s in the same situation we’re in, everyone’s got to do it, it’s just a matter of putting your hand up and getting it done.”

But de Belin is confident the big-game experience would pay off come finals, where the Dragons are still aiming for a top-four spot.

“I don’t think anyone comes back to NRL a worse player after playing Origin,” he said.

“We showed we can perform on the biggest stage, hopefully that can come back to benefit us.”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...a/news-story/7486486ca2ed6c6f0a7d4763ab976f95

My man Gasnier

Juniors
Can't see it happening unless we tank and lose all our remaining games...the guys made of teflon...

I have nothing against him personally, it's just time for a change...since Bennett left we have been mediocre.

Mary has the side he wants and we still go on our usual end of year fade....about time the journos ask him that exact question....Players haven't been given the rest they needed...

JDB FEELS MENTAL TOLL OF ORIGIN

Jack de Belin says he’d handle future State of Origin campaigns differently if given the chance after admitting St George Illawarra are suffering a representative hangover.

De Belin was among the most battered and bruised from this year’s Origin series as he required pain-killing injections in his hip to play.

But it was mentally where he was left the most fatigued.

Although he took days off from club training, the Dragons lock played through the representative period without a break, But de Belin said in hindsight he needed to let his mind rest more to leave himself mentally fresher for the run home to the finals.

“I’ve learnt a lot the past couple of months,” the 27-year-old said.. “I’ve never had so much footy going on in my life, it was kind of a footy overload.

“I have other interests, it gets hard there when everything’s footy, you’ve got so many media commitments, you’re forever hearing, talking about it, it gets a little bit hard.

“It’s not necessarily (about resting). Just when I’m not at footy, just don’t be thinking about it at all, just completely switch off.”

De Belin’s story mirrors that of the Dragons’ recent fortunes.

“Obviously throughout Origin period it was hard, even still now, you look at our squad and there’s probably a bit of a hangover happening,” de Belin said.

“But at the same time, there can’t be any excuses for that.

“Every other club’s in the same situation we’re in, everyone’s got to do it, it’s just a matter of putting your hand up and getting it done.”

But de Belin is confident the big-game experience would pay off come finals, where the Dragons are still aiming for a top-four spot.

“I don’t think anyone comes back to NRL a worse player after playing Origin,” he said.

“We showed we can perform on the biggest stage, hopefully that can come back to benefit us.”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...a/news-story/7486486ca2ed6c6f0a7d4763ab976f95

Just a general observation around players fitness levels after origin. This is directed at all of them. Unless you're playing busted like JDB is, there shouldn't be a need for a rest. I think you could count on one hand instances this season where clubs have rested rep players. In general, the modern day players need to have a good hard look at themselves. They're being paid unprecedented amounts of money to live out their childhood dream by playing NRL. They train in most cases 3-4 days per week and the season runs for six months a year. If they are going to take it for granted they can come and work average jobs in the real world with the rest of us!

LINESPEED

Juniors
Tariq Sims had a story on his instagram page yesterday, it was a photo of JDB and he said congratulations on his 150th game. Any word of a fall out between them both is fake news it would seem.

It's interesting that Doust's cur has come clean at the 11th hour and that massive ego is cracking.
Bring it on!

getsmarty

Immortal
Just a general observation around players fitness levels after origin. This is directed at all of them. Unless you're playing busted like JDB is, there shouldn't be a need for a rest. I think you could count on one hand instances this season where clubs have rested rep players. In general, the modern day players need to have a good hard look at themselves. They're being paid unprecedented amounts of money to live out their childhood dream by playing NRL. They train in most cases 3-4 days per week and the season runs for six months a year. If they are going to take it for granted they can come and work average jobs in the real world with the rest of us!

JDB/Sims/Graham/Vaughan/Hunt were all carrying injuries ( There are others ) and in need of a break...its too late now... Our coach is too scared to blood the young guys...look at the Roosters, they gave Mitchell a week off..told him to go home to the bush and spend time with relos...

Fact...Our players have been playing despite carrying injuries....The is POOR handling of our Roster by the coach...

WepnutV

Juniors
JDB/Sims/Graham/Vaughan/Hunt were all carrying injuries ( There are others ) and in need of a break...its too late now... Our coach is too scared to blood the young guys...look at the Roosters, they gave Mitchell a week off..told him to go home to the bush and spend time with relos...

Fact...Our players have been playing despite carrying injuries....The is POOR handling of our Roster by the coach...
Too scared to blood the young ones? Haha dufty, lomax, luc, robsen, Pereira, Host, lawrie and prob more have all debut under mary
Poor handling off our roster HAHAHAHABSHSBSBSBSBABS HAHAHAH.. in neeed of break,wtf?? All teams at this stage of the year have players carrying injuries. The shit people make up about mary.

to_ddeath

Coach
Too scared to blood the young ones? Haha dufty, lomax, luc, robsen, Pereira, Host, lawrie and prob more have all debut under mary
Poor handling off our roster HAHAHAHABSHSBSBSBSBABS HAHAHAH.. in neeed of break,wtf?? All teams at this stage of the year have players carrying injuries. The shit people make up about mary.

You 1 win gloaters are pathetic..if you think your idol should be saved on the back of that win, you're kidding yourself.
Wake up.