What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should The Dragons Sign Madge As Coach?

saintsarealive1

Juniors
I'm leaning towards "yes" but id wait until the end of the season to make a decision.

Tell me what madge will bring to our team, club, culture, game plans and morale?

Also tell me his win loss record for seasons 2016 and 2017 so far.

Then lets talk

j0nesy

Bench
Why would you lean towards signing Madge??

I believe he is a better coach than Mary. He has won a premiership in Australia and England as a coach. His win/loss record is good. He is an experienced campaigner. He gives the young blokes a go. He seems to be a good people manager. I'd give Mary a 4/10, Madge would get a 6.5/10. Not the greatest coach of all time but has it all over Mary.

Crush

Coach
I believe he is a better coach than Mary. He has won a premiership in Australia and England as a coach. His win/loss record is good. He is an experienced campaigner. He gives the young blokes a go. He seems to be a good people manager. I'd give Mary a 4/10, Madge would get a 6.5/10. Not the greatest coach of all time but has it all over Mary.
Please...he may have a somewhat decent record but of late he is appalling. His team sucks. His team cannot hold onto the ball. His team seems disinterested. He can't get his team up for the challenge. He said it himself after losing to Parra, they didn't turn up.
Mary is clearly still a rookie coach but this year, right now 2017 he has his team playing very well unlike Madge.

j0nesy

Bench
Please...he may have a somewhat decent record but of late he is appalling. His team sucks. His team cannot hold onto the ball. His team seems disinterested. He can't get his team up for the challenge. He said it himself after losing to Parra, they didn't turn up.
Mary is clearly still a rookie coach but this year, right now 2017 he has his team playing very well unlike Madge.
As I said, I'd wait until the end of the season before making a call. Mary has the season to sway me. I'd like to see him make better use of some of our young talent. As I said I'm leaning towards Madge at this stage. I still have nightmares about how bad we were last season. I can honestly say I've never seen such a bad 1st grade team in attack. At this stage I'd back Madge over Mary to turn our young backs into quality first graders.

Last edited:

saintsarealive1

Juniors
I believe he is a better coach than Mary. He has won a premiership in Australia and England as a coach. His win/loss record is good. He is an experienced campaigner. He gives the young blokes a go. He seems to be a good people manager. I'd give Mary a 4/10, Madge would get a 6.5/10. Not the greatest coach of all time but has it all over Mary.[/QUOTE

His win loss record is LESS than Marys in 2 years from past 3.

Why are you posting FAKE NEWS?

His record includes forcing injured players to continue playing....resulting in year ending injuries.

His useless coaching record includes paying MASSIVE $ overs for Sam Burgess resulting in losing 3 other high quality players which has seen Soufs slip to pretty much bottom of the nrl table.

GI wants out, Teo wanted out, McInnes wanted out....lucky us.

His team are a rabble.

The past 45 games he has 30% win success.

In spite of Rusty Hollywoods cash!!

So....please stop posting fake news, check your claims before opening your mouth!

Other than Taylor, he is the worst coach in nrl.

Show loyalty to our one club coach who has us sitting 3rd.

And stop posting bull shit.

j0nesy

Bench
Maguire - 57% win record NRL (76% in super league)
McGregor- 48% win record NRL (probably better in group 7)

saintsarealive1

Juniors
Maguire - 57% win record NRL (76% in super league)
McGregor- 48% win record NRL (probably better in group 7)

Fake news...not accurate.

I will post accurate figures soon.

Right now i can tell you in the past 2 years madge is under 43% .....and Mary is above 45%.

Madge is a L.O.S.E R.

j0nesy

Bench
Fake news...not accurate.

I will post accurate figures soon.

Right now i can tell you in the past 2 years madge is under 43% .....and Mary is above 45%.

Madge is a L.O.S.E R.
Lol :joy: how is it fake news? Maguire has a 57% win percentage in the NRL (http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/coaches/michael-maguire/summary.html) and Mary has 48% (http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/coaches/paul-mcgregor/summary.html).

As I said, I'm slightly leaning towards Mage at this stage and would wait until the end of the season before settling on a coach for next year. I'm basing my opinion on their careers. It's just an opinion.

I know you like Mary and prefer him to Mage, and that's fine. But there's really no need to bullshit, make it personal and resort to Trumpisms. I can see where you're coming from. I just have a different viewpoint, That's life.

Last edited:

saintsarealive1

Juniors
Lol :joy: how is it fake news? Maguire has a 57% win percentage in the NRL (http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/coaches/michael-maguire/summary.html) and Mary has 48% (http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/coaches/paul-mcgregor/summary.html).

As I said, I'm slightly leaning towards Mage at this stage and would wait until the end of the season before settling on a coach for next year. I'm basing my opinion on their careers. It's just an opinion.

I know you like Mary and prefer him to Mage, and that's fine. But there's really no need to bullshit, make it personal and resort to Trumpisms. I can see where you're coming from. I just have a different viewpoint, That's life.

The past two years....who has the better win / loss?

Or should we not ask?

Next.
In 2016, what was the win loss for each?

Next.
Are Saints or Souths going better this year?

Next.
Do Souths play exciting attacking football?

Next.
Is Madge a good man manager?

You do realise managing egos is 80% of the challenge for a coach?

If you really honestly and genuinely prefer Madge, you have a choice.

1. Go follow Souths.

Last edited:

Life's Good

Coach
Fair enough. My thinking is that he hasn't changed much in the way the bunnies play plus things like recruitment, player development/improvement etc. is questionable which is why it's a no from me. I hope Saints do hold off on extending Mary mainly because he needs to keep the momentum going and also plan for 2018 eg. blood some of the juniors. Then the decision should be taken after that. Again, it may be that Mary is the most suitable/only option(Stephen Bradbury).

Latest posts