What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So who are we chasing for 2019?

Gareth67

First Grade
I know there looking.
They may be from nz.

Good to hear Sammy , I hope it's some big hard nosed fellow who knows how to throw his weight around ( within the rules of the game of course ) and can batter opposition defences . I think there may be one or two of those gentlemen in the islands somewhere .

Last edited:

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Good to hear Sammy , I hope it's some big hard nosed fellow who knows how to through his weight around ( within the rules of the game of course ) and can batter opposition defences . I think there may be one or two of those gentlemen in the islands somewhere .

Lets hope Gareth

possm

Coach
What about korbin sims thought we where interested in him a while back
I'm not sure about our young props. I'm of the opinion we need two top grade props for 2018 or we need to move Frizell to prop and buy one top grade prop.

Vaughan
Frizell
Graham
New Prop

Latimore
Lawrie
Kerr

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I'm not sure about our young props. I'm of the opinion we need two top grade props for 2018 or we need to move Frizell to prop and buy one top grade prop.

Vaughan
Frizell
Graham
New Prop

Latimore
Lawrie
Kerr

Possm
I think lawrie will make it but kerr is not progressing as fast as I would like.
Not sure if he will make it

Last edited:

The Damo

Juniors
Most of our kids are already locked up long term. The only one off contract this year is Herbert, and he (or others) aren’t going to cost big dollars.

Tapau would be the best target as a prop, considering potential ongoing salary cap dramas there. Hipgrave another. There are others who have shown potential early In their career but could do with a change of culture, like Latu.

Alternately, we go hard for a potentially unsettled prop with some decent dollars.
Tapau would certainly be the best option by far. Terepo would fill LAMs spot very well at a good price I think. Hipgrave I like for the fact that he’s a complete lunatic, if he he could cut he completely stupid shit out of his game he’d be very handy. Latu could be very good, seems the curse of the titans turned him to rubbish this year, but the potential is there.

BennyV

Referee
Spending cash on the prop and then buying a cheapie 14 on a one year deal who can play 7 and 9 would be my preference. Someone like fein who isn't too expensive but can play a role in case of injury, and can play the role that Mann was playing until the last couple of games. Looking at our squad I don't think Robson is ready to be a full time 9 and I'd hate to think what would happen if McInnes was injured.
Tyrone Roberts might be an option?

BennyV

Referee
Tapau would certainly be the best option by far. Terepo would fill LAMs spot very well at a good price I think. Hipgrave I like for the fact that he’s a complete lunatic, if he he could cut he completely stupid shit out of his game he’d be very handy. Latu could be very good, seems the curse of the titans turned him to rubbish this year, but the potential is there.
All would be good options. But we definitely need a strong first grade prop next year, starting quality.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I think Lawrie will fill the position that LAM held. However, I would be looking at some experienced options as I believe they will re-sign Latimore for another season.
That would give us props of:
Vaughan, Graham, Latimore and Lawrie.
The issue there is of course both JG and Lats are another year older and another year slower (probably).
Someone mentioned Latu, and I think this would be a good choice. He would be inexpensive and be looking to improve from his time at the Titans. If his mind is right and a year to adapt to our play, I think he could make a good fist of prop at the Dragons taking Lats or Grahams spot permanently later on. We would need another as well and that one would be a youngster with potential.
Kerr hasn't impressed at all, and unless he drastically improves his ways I can see us shopping him around sooner than later.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Taupau should be our number 1 target. I love the idea of a prop rotation of Vaughan, Taupau, Graham and Latimore, with Lucky playing prop in the ISP. Moving Frizell to prop and bringing in Host is another option.

Dragon Blood

Juniors
Don't the Raiders just play as our feeder club?

Prop. Graham is another year on next year and Ah Mau is going. Latimore is ok and Lawrie has some work to do - otherwise, that’s it. We need a top shelf prop to join the rotation and another one to compete with Lawrie and Latimore for the bench spot.

After that we need a better back up 7. Mann works as a 6 but not a 7, and while a lot of people seem to think Nicholls is wonderful, in reality he’s a 29yo career reserve grader who’s not been able to land a gig at 4 first grade clubs now. We need a backup half who is first grade standard or has a decent future - y’know, some sort of upside!

Sam Williams???:ok_hand: