What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soundwave leaks two bands for 2013 lineup

Red Bear

Referee
I missed Descendents last time so that'd be cool but I would bow down before AJ if he managed to convince Tim Armstrong to quit being a whiney bitch and got Rancid here!
meh, Rancid for a decent band just release wya to much shit music. Nothing consistent since And Out Come the Wolves

it would be so awesome if they got Scott Raynor to do it though!!
Dude Ranch easily their best release

Danish

Referee
Well if Blink are indeed playing (I'll wait till I see an official line up, been burned too many times with "Blink headlining XXX Festival in 07/08/09/10/11/12 rumours to believe it yet) then I am going.

I'll go to their sideshows as well, and might even fly to one of the other cities to watch them too.

Any other band announced is just icing on the top of my nostalgic high school cake

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Shaping up to be a pretty poor lineup so far. Blink are so far past it. I think I'll save my money this year.

natheel

Coach
Well if Blink are indeed playing (I'll wait till I see an official line up, been burned too many times with "Blink headlining XXX Festival in 07/08/09/10/11/12 rumours to believe it yet) then I am going.

I'll go to their sideshows as well, and might even fly to one of the other cities to watch them too.

Any other band announced is just icing on the top of my nostalgic high school cake

Blink 182 announced themselves mate

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
like Les said when they had to finish early, "at least we are a professionals"

firechild

First Grade
Shaping up to be a pretty poor lineup so far.

This x 1000 ^

Blink are rubbish, always have been.

Compared to last year's lineup, this would be an absolute waste of money. Unfortunately I was on my honeymoon during Soundwave last year.

Danish

Referee
Funny how music tastes differ...

I was dragged to soundwave last year and apart from SOAD it was absolute rubbish. Just all has been idiots who can no longer perform (Manson being the fat dingleberry on top of the shit sundae)

Blink has massive nostalgia value for me so I'll be going. Hopefully they still have it. Last time I saw them at the Horden they were great.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
Metal heads have had their time in the sun. I want a punk year. Blink and Offspring are a good start (assuming the Offspring rumour is accurate). Would love for NFG to come out again (they seem to come to Australia every year, so why not?). NOFX would be good too. Then add a splash of modern pop-punk; Cartel, Set Your Goals, etc.

Also, they are pretty small time, but would be great to see these guys opening the day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWP3PYCrLy4
GREAT pop punk band

beave

Coach
Exactly, there will be a metal stage for sure so I aint getting too sexxed up just yet that I have been not catered for. I am tipping KsE and As I Lay Dying though, I just have a gut feeling they will be out here for it.

Silent Knight

First Grade
I don't understand how people can say the lineup is shit after one confirmed announcement

Exactly. I was looking forward to BDO while RHCP were strong rumours. I immediately changed my mind when I saw that most of the rest of the lineup was pure sh*te.

You don't judge a festival on the basis of one band. You can always avoid that band. I didn't give two bob for McMarilyn Manson at this years SW so I went and checked out Machine Head instead and they were bloody awesome.

All about value for money people. For me it comes down to how many bands I actually want to see versus the ticket price.