What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soundwave leaks two bands for 2013 lineup

franklin2323

Immortal
My point? The latest generation should be banned from D barriers... They just stand there and scowl at you for trying to get into the music. Screw them.
F**k oath. I left LP after numb so to be in the D for Offspring parked myself front row & could see Blink aswell.

I had a huge group of these fat things would of been barely 18. Said this is a nice spot to stand. The look on their face when the pit started was priceless.

All were gone by the end of All I want. 3-4 songs in it was pumping. Though the otherside of it Sum was going off from the start.

Danish

Referee
That was terrible. I came from Linkin to watch Blink, so missed out on the D barrier for them. So I camped outside the D barrier, so i'd be first in for Offspring when people made their exodus after Blink. There were tonnes of hardcore Offspring fans waiting to get in, and it took until the 4th song for them to let us in. Then when we got in it was nothing but tweens who give you dirty looks when you try to push to the front to get a pit going. We finally got to a good spot as Americana started, and the pit went off after that...

My point? The latest generation should be banned from D barriers... They just stand there and scowl at you for trying to get into the music. Screw them.

I also made the point that most of Offspring's old school fans would have been over at Metallica. There were young guys there creaming their pants over "Spare me the details" and scratching their heads when they played Gone Away.

Completely agree. I felt like just swinging at every young moron around me when none of them sung for "Bad Habit". Worst of all they actually looked at me like I was a nut because I started singing along on my own.

Time was when 16-18 y.o's wouldn't have dared gone up the front during someone like Offspring, let alone Metallica/Slayer/etc. That was for the grown ups who weren't afraid to get a black eye or bloody nose, and more fool you if you got caught up in it. When we got a circle going during Blink there were a group of hipsters who refused to get out of the way, and started screaming like banshees if anyone touched them. Nevertheless a group of shirtless gym junkies just tossed them aside anyway :lol:

The Offspring/Metallica clash really was the only downer of the day, largely because they simply didn't get the respect and crowd they deserved. They played a great set with plenty of old stuff that was simply lost on the children that were making up a majority of the crowd up front

natheel

Coach
Completely agree. I felt like just swinging at every young moron around me when none of them sung for "Bad Habit". Worst of all they actually looked at me like I was a nut because I started singing along on my own.

Time was when 16-18 y.o's wouldn't have dared gone up the front during someone like Offspring, let alone Metallica/Slayer/etc. That was for the grown ups who weren't afraid to get a black eye or bloody nose, and more fool you if you got caught up in it. When we got a circle going during Blink there were a group of hipsters who refused to get out of the way, and started screaming like banshees if anyone touched them. Nevertheless a group of shirtless gym junkies just tossed them aside anyway :lol:

The Offspring/Metallica clash really was the only downer of the day, largely because they simply didn't get the respect and crowd they deserved. They played a great set with plenty of old stuff that was simply lost on the children that were making up a majority of the crowd up front

I was in the stands for offspring and I'm a huge fan of them and Metallica

One girl I wanted to slap so hard she would fall into the crowd below during offspring. Every one of their poppy commercial songs came on she got up and went nuts and trying to involve everyone but when their good stuff came on like bad habit and staring at the sun st. She would be on her phone texting. I was the only one singing along in bad habit in the crowd participation part. Dexter looks older now though. And noodles still jumps around and has energy. Metallica were just a class above every other band that day for me (only watched 40 minutes) and it would have to be the best time I've seen them. The sound in the stadium was actually amazing. The crowd participation in master of puppets for the solo was an awesome thing to be apart of

Wish they were doing a sideshow

natheel

Coach
On moshing and being in the D. It could be my size (I'm a small bloke) but I've always stayed away from the mosh at concerts. I've always had a better time up back with mates singing and drinking some cold ones. Which was the case of Metallica (I made the decision to ditch my mrs at blink and head to Metallica) and met some awesome fans (seriously Metallica fans are the best) there are so many bands fans that if you like one certain album and they don't they will tear you to shreds but tallica fans appreciate you for the simple fact you love Metallica too.

adamkungl

Immortal
Metallica was so tightly packed up the front that there wasn't even space for a circle pit. In the second hour it opened up a tiny bit, but nothing like Slayer earlier in the day or Maiden a couple of yrs ago.

Could anyone see what it was like further back?

franklin2323

Immortal
Did anyone come across any grubs while watching bands. I saw a few lurking but not near the stages.

In sum 41. It was brutal at times. The amount of fails trying to jump out of the D crazy. Yet no arguments. A chick passed out she was passed forward pretty quickly.

During Blink waiting for Offspring. Drinks were being passed around & general looking at for people was great. The guy that nuded up was a classic before & during the set.

firechild

First Grade
Metallica was so tightly packed up the front that there wasn't even space for a circle pit. In the second hour it opened up a tiny bit, but nothing like Slayer earlier in the day or Maiden a couple of yrs ago.

Could anyone see what it was like further back?

It opened up almost straight away but only for about a minute. I was a couple of meters behind the dickhead that had the flare. It opened up again later but didn't last long, too many people just taking the opportunity to push forward.

I was pretty much front and centre for Puscifer and when they finished I tried to get out pretty quick but when I turned around there was about a thousand teenage girls trying to push up for the next band. Turns out Motion City Soundtrack were up next. Never heard of them but given the crowd they appeared to attract I don't think I have any intention of ever listening to their music.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
It opened up almost straight away but only for about a minute. I was a couple of meters behind the dickhead that had the flare. It opened up again later but didn't last long, too many people just taking the opportunity to push forward.

I was pretty much front and centre for Puscifer and when they finished I tried to get out pretty quick but when I turned around there was about a thousand teenage girls trying to push up for the next band. Turns out Motion City Soundtrack were up next. Never heard of them but given the crowd they appeared to attract I don't think I have any intention of ever listening to their music.

I quite like them... But if you were at Metallica, then yeah, you wouldn't be able to stomach them

RedVDave

First Grade
Flew over to Melbourne to see Anthrax what an awesome show they put on! Anyone still yet to see them is in for a treat.

LESStar58

Referee
Went to Cherry Bar after Flogging Molly on Wednesday and the Soundwave party was on. Kerry King walked past us with his minders. He's short.

BLKOUT!

Juniors
What a weird day/night. Pulled my back at work on Thursday afternoon and within the first 10 minutes of standing around today was in all sorts of pain. Didn't think I'd make it to the end but did somehow. Completely forgot about the pain when Metallica came on, I've never seen them live before but they are incredible. It's like they've been doing it so long that they've just perfected it, they made all the other bands I saw look really amateur.

Though Lawrence Arms were fantastic. Wish I went to their sideshow.

sydraider

First Grade
Weird set up with the main stages in melbourne, they were widely spaced apart and facing in opposite directions.

BLKOUT!

Juniors
Yeah I liked the Showgrounds a lot more as a venue. Spent half the day walking between stages rather than watching bands

franklin2323

Immortal
Offspring's sideshow awesome. Ignition sounded great. Good to hear Mota live. Plenty of titties to round the night out