What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths fans disappointed and angry at losing Goodwin

Rabbits20

Immortal
Geez there are some really passionate supporters on South Sydney Central!!!!!!

The ones on here who are thrilled to see a very very good Souths player leave don't know their stuff. FACT.............

A few are even filling sick over it!!!!!!!

I just can't wait when it's annnounced on Souths Facebook that he's officially going and they'll be like 980 out of 1000 comments who aren't happy and thank him for being a Souths great and then they'll be the small small percentage of guys who don't know their stuff that are thrilled to see him gone!!!!!!!!!!! Cough, cough.........

Here is the link Shadow, Souths til I die, CAFPOW, Callmack!!!!!!!

Fans reckon we should've fought harder to keep him and he's been nearly our most consistent player since he's been with us!!!!!

I'm not going to post the link as it'll give a lot of my Facebook stuff up which I don't want.

Shadow, Souths til I die etc.... just simply google it or key it into your Facebook and read the messages.

CAFPOW

Juniors
Geez there are some really passionate supporters on South Sydney Central!!!!!!

The ones on here who are thrilled to see a very very good Souths player leave don't know their stuff. FACT.............

A few are even filling sick over it!!!!!!!

I just can't wait when it's annnounced on Souths Facebook that he's officially going and they'll be like 980 out of 1000 comments who aren't happy and thank him for being a Souths great and then they'll be the small small percentage of guys who don't know their stuff that are thrilled to see him gone!!!!!!!!!!! Cough, cough.........

Here is the link Shadow, Souths til I die, CAFPOW, Callmack!!!!!!!

Fans reckon we should've fought harder to keep him and he's been nearly our most consistent player since he's been with us!!!!!

I'm not going to post the link as it'll give a lot of my Facebook stuff up which I don't want.

Shadow, Souths til I die etc.... just simply google it or key it into your Facebook and read the messages.

Why are they upset? Actually, what Souths did makes sense Souths wise. Goodwin had to go before Nielsen. Heck, maybe we will also lose both Gray and AJ and Nielsen will get to stay. :p

callmack1

Staff member
I admit, I'm sad to see him go. He's been one of our best backs for three years and I like him.

However, if I had to choose a starting backline player to go it'd be him.

It was always going to happen imo.

ThingFish

Juniors
He has probably been our most consistently good player since the 2014 premiership season. 2015 definetly our best, 2016 Good, 2017 doing his job.

Although it's sad he's going, it's not the end of the world. Not worth starting an online hoo-har about. He's old and we need fresh legs, a few sentimental hacks on online bulletin boards won't change that FACT.

Same story will happen with Sutts, eventually. He's been a club legend. Loyal, hardworking, a premiership captain. A player that will have his own chapter in the book of Souths greats. But the time is coming, the contract eventually won't be renewed, a sad couple of seasons in English Rugby League beckon. It's the passing of time, gets us all, even the legends. I'll probably cry some tears for Sutts, but mostly celebrate his good times with some mates and some beers. Goodwin, not so much.

Last edited:

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I rate Goodwin I really do. He always puts his hand up to get us out of our own 20, he can score these insane tries out of nowhere and he just seems like a reliable bloke to have in your 17. In saying that with Hunt and Gagai as our future centres it's hard to see a spot for him on the wing and I think Souths did the right thing by him at least offering a contract. He doesn't have the pace anymore! You can't play in the NRL forever. He had a good run and was a fan favourite I hope he kills it in England! Leigh have got themselves a solid player.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Why are they upset? Actually, what Souths did makes sense Souths wise. Goodwin had to go before Nielsen. Heck, maybe we will also lose both Gray and AJ and Nielsen will get to stay. :p
Shut up you, lol.............

Rabbits20

Immortal
I admit, I'm sad to see him go. He's been one of our best backs for three years and I like him.

However, if I had to choose a starting backline player to go it'd be him.

It was always going to happen imo.
He's been with us for 5 years.

doyen

Bench
Goodwin has a bit more class than many credit him---he is capable of flying to take that mark & he can off-load with some skill. He also goes hard with the ball & doesn't shirk the tough stuff .
He,IMO,is continuing along with his normal consistency;if anything he appears to be playing even better at present.
He has done the right thing in leaving for a holiday in the Old Dart!!
Recent times for him have been quite unpleasant so he[& his family] probably needed a change!!

truthslayer

Juniors
bryson could had gone another year i prefer him than gray .....bryson is a pro and gray is an amateur....FACT....Shadow...
Goodwin has been good for Souths at 31 he is looking for another two years and I think its the right time to go. Its not doom and gloom , you are very critical of the younger brigade, Burns etc limited first grade experience and young ! With Gagai coming its all good for Souths backline , Hymel Hunt is improving and a good solid center , Gray may go however I do like him . Johnston great on the wing if someone can give him space I hope we keep him. We have a gem in Angus Crichton ...and you are a turner knocker but both are good country boys that put in , Cam Murray will develop , I think we are going ahead lets look past the scoreboards , More signings to come onwards and upwards.

DiegoNT

First Grade
He's a good back up player, 2014 showed that.
Many fans heavily criticised him late in 2015, heck even r20 wanted him sacked and never to play for souths again, yet he was the only one to put in in our last finals match. That one match won him a lot of goodwill, even enough for people to vote him as our player of the year.
He, to his credit, rolled up his sleeves a lot when coming out of our half. But he had shocking defence and his attack was average at best. I don't think we win our 2014 premiership if he stayed in our side.
Good luck to him but i don't think it's that big a loss. If we keep gray and aj then i don't see room for Goodwin next year. Burns and jennings are good young back ups.
The club offered him a deal but obviously he'll chase the money. Other players who have left us have been heavily criticised for this, gray and aj are being criticized for maximising their next deals so it's a bit hypocritical for people to bag those guys yet not say the same for Goodwin.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
What's wrong with you guy's,this has nothing to do with Souths or any other conspiracy you might conjure up.
It's simply Bryson wanting some space with his family and some time to come to grips with losing his big bro Leon.
Thank god I don't surf with you guy's!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
What's wrong with you guy's,this has nothing to do with Souths or any other conspiracy you might conjure up.
It's simply Bryson wanting some space with his family and some time to come to grips with losing his big bro Leon.
Thank god I don't surf with you guy's!

?? Conspiracy theories? Every Souths supporter loves Goodwin no one is trying to shame him.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
?? Conspiracy theories? Every Souths supporter loves Goodwin no one is trying to shame him.
How possibly you came up with the idea that I was suggesting that anyone was shaming Bryson by my comment is beyond me.
What I'm saying is that there is no need for any true Souths supporter to be disappointed or angry at Souths for Bryson's decision.
Souths could of offered Bryson a 3 year contract at 400k a season it would of made no difference with his decision,he's doing what he deems right for his family and himself at this stage in his life!

callmack1

Staff member
Goodwin has been good for Souths at 31 he is looking for another two years and I think its the right time to go. Its not doom and gloom , you are very critical of the younger brigade, Burns etc limited first grade experience and young ! With Gagai coming its all good for Souths backline , Hymel Hunt is improving and a good solid center , Gray may go however I do like him . Johnston great on the wing if someone can give him space I hope we keep him. We have a gem in Angus Crichton ...and you are a turner knocker but both are good country boys that put in , Cam Murray will develop , I think we are going ahead lets look past the scoreboards , More signings to come onwards and upwards.
Welcome to the forums dude.