What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths need a clean out

We need bennett back as head coach with sam burgess as his assistant coach for 2 years so that sam can learn from wayne bennett id love to see that.
Well it’s a question of sounding out other coaches before the slide takes full effect.

I did some sums, Lats doesn’t get onto the field for you too often.

He’s only averaging 10.8 games a season for you and given his reputed salary of $1m, his real cost per season, taking into account the number of games he plays, is something like $2.5m a season.

Nathan Cleary, I think is close to the best player in the world, $1.3m per season for an average of 19 games.

So you are paying Lats close to double that of Cleary.

All things being equal, you could sign a minimum of two elite international marquees instead of the one Lats.

You’d solve a lot of problems sacking Lats and instead, signing a Cleary plus a Papenhausen at the back with change left over for panther jersey Flegg.

Im more than happy that players speak up but I think Lats doesn’t think the consequences through very well.

As for Adam Reynolds, well whoever was telling Sully that he’ll never play at optimum again was wrong. I’m fact he was so far out in front, even at 60% he’s way better than factory provided allowances are made for his injuries.

The thing about Adam, he is a very clever footballer. Nobody put the value on that they should have. That was the biggest insult of all I’d say.

I think Rusty has to step up. I don’t usually call for an intervention, but the club needs his help.

Lats is simply not a player you can build a side around. 10.8 games…

Last edited:
I have never liked Mitchell my bunny mate always said trellmyth as he calls him is a cancer at souths long ago. yes he was right after his foul mouthed tirade last week not a good look bring back the 60's when they had manners whilst being interviewed the players back then would not spray 5fwords as trellmyth did and please take ilias + kennar + dudmetriou with him.

Well it’s a question of sounding out other coaches before the slide takes full effect.

I did some sums, Lats doesn’t get onto the field for you too often.

He’s only averaging 10.8 games a season for you and given his reputed salary of $1m, his real cost per season, taking into account the number of games he plays, is something like $2.5m a season.

Nathan Cleary, I think is close to the best player in the world, $1.3m per season for an average of 19 games.

So you are paying Lats close to double that of Cleary.

All things being equal, you could sign a minimum of two elite international marquees instead of the one Lats.

You’d solve a lot of problems sacking Lats and instead, signing a Cleary plus a Papenhausen at the back with change left over for panther jersey Flegg.

Im more than happy that players speak up but I think Lats doesn’t think the consequences through very well.

As for Adam Reynolds, well whoever was telling Sully that he’ll never play at optimum again was wrong. I’m fact he was so far out in front, even at 60% he’s way better than factory provided allowances are made for his injuries.

The thing about Adam, he is a very clever footballer. Nobody put the value on that they should have. That was the biggest insult of all I’d say.

I think Rusty has to step up. I don’t usually call for an intervention, but the club needs his help.

Lats is simply not a player you can build a side around. 10.8 games…

Yes rusty I hope is working behind the scenes he needs to.

I have never liked Mitchell my bunny mate always said trellmyth as he calls him is a cancer at souths long ago. yes he was right after his foul mouthed tirade last week not a good look bring back the 60's when they had manners whilst being interviewed the players back then would not spray 5fwords as trellmyth did and please take ilias + kennar + dudmetriou with him.
Well I got suss on him during his “ I’m leaving the roosters” grand tour to half the clubs in the NRL.

He wasted everyone’s time and money.

I think he gets distracted by himself, when he could be channeling his power into his game. He’s more of a circusy sideshow now.

JD is probably gone unless you swing into gear. Sam and Morris walked out, breaking many relationships. It was a big call.

Nice comfy jobs and they upped and left.

Cody hasn’t really found his mojo since Renno left.

I remember that game v Newcastle, he toyed with them. The best 5/8 performance of all time- Where’s that gone?

I think you’re right to raise these issues now and get a few of your brothers asking questions. The media are savaging you, but that’s not as important as meaningful change.

Last edited:
To add to that we will always be the pride of the league we are called the pride of the league because souths have won the most premierships in Australian rugby league history second to none since the first ball was kicked back in 1908 till 2024.

I love your replies Blue bags are you a newtown fan because your name is blue bags? I have much respect for newtown.

Well wasn't those 2 articles funny ilias saying to dudmetriou im way too good for reserve grade.i say no ilias you are a reggies.next article dudmetriou saying he is the man to get us thru this he is as silly as who ever let Adam reynolds go words are cheap at least reyno performed unlike ilias and dudmetriou.

speedster

Juniors
We've made our Mitchell bed, we now have to sleep in it. Uprooting "cancer" as some are calling him - I'm not - is a long, slow, painful process that leaves a lot of damage and is hard to repair. Better to get the right mentoring in place to get the best out of our marquee players. Bennett in 2025 is the only solution to my mind in achieving that. Latrell's luck with injuries will hopefully improve. His discipline with the judiciary needs to also and that's on him and the coaching staff to manage better as he matures.

Clearing the deck chairs is fine in fantasy football.

blue bags

First Grade
We've made our Mitchell bed, we now have to sleep in it. Uprooting "cancer" as some are calling him - I'm not - is a long, slow, painful process that leaves a lot of damage and is hard to repair. Better to get the right mentoring in place to get the best out of our marquee players. Bennett in 2025 is the only solution to my mind in achieving that. Latrell's luck with injuries will hopefully improve. His discipline with the judiciary needs to also and that's on him and the coaching staff to manage better as he matures.

Clearing the deck chairs is fine in fantasy football.
Bulldogs did. In just over 2 years
The Whole old squad. 30 player's I believe
Goulie has a clean out

speedster

Juniors
Bulldogs did. In just over 2 years
The Whole old squad. 30 player's I believe
Goulie has a clean out
Yeah but they're trying to go from shit to less shit. We're supposed to be a top 4 side that makes the 8 every year and can't just shit the bed when things go sideways. Otherwise we'll end up a perennial bottom 4 side struggling to remember what a winning season felt like. Like the Dogs.