What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super League XXII 2017

Harrigan

Juniors
Leeds are doing exactly what they need to do. They are playing wel wikthout setting the world on fire. If you take the Castleford game as a "one off" in the same way you do Wigans 66-0 loss to Wakefield last year, they've won 5 out of 6 of the others averaging a 26-12 win. Bearing in mind they still have half a pack to come back, they should be in for a decent year.

adamkungl

Immortal
Worried about Catalans - they're firmly on the wrong end of the ladder if Castleford put a score on them tomorrow.

Side note - Why does SL often have 3 or 4 Friday night games and no Saturday games? What am I meant to watch on Sunday morning??

Last edited:

hutch

First Grade
Worried about Catalans - they're firmly on the wrong end of the ladder if Castleford put a score on them tomorrow.

Side note - Why does SL often have 3 or 4 Friday night games and no Saturday games? What am I meant to watch on Sunday morning??

It's a silly system. They must let the clubs decide when they want to play. They need to have regular scheduling, 1 thurs, 1 fri night, 2 sat and the rest Sunday or something similar.

roughyedspud

Coach
Its because not all games are broadcast live on sky..its not like down under,another failing of our tv rights..

Personally I feel the live rights should be split up to ensure full rounds are broadcast live..so

1 game on Thursday night's - sky
1game on Friday night's - sky

3 games on Saturday - sky

1 Sunday afternoon game - BBC/a.n.other

adamkungl

Immortal
Its because not all games are broadcast live on sky..its not like down under,another failing of our tv rights..

Personally I feel the live rights should be split up to ensure full rounds are broadcast live..so

1 game on Thursday night's - sky
1game on Friday night's - sky

3 games on Saturday - sky

1 Sunday afternoon game - BBC/a.n.other

Even if they aren't all broadcast they could at least have a consistent 1 per day or something.

Also - are all games played at night? I could be wrong here but it seems like Catalans home games are the only ones played in daylight hours?

Clarkent

Juniors
Don't really get much coverage of super league here in nz... Just wanna know how Krisnan inu is going over there in the super league... Big fan of him when he was in the nrl

Harrigan

Juniors
Don't really get much coverage of super league here in nz... Just wanna know how Krisnan inu is going over there in the super league... Big fan of him when he was in the nrl

All Catalan home games are on Sky Sport, along with 2 other SL games each week.

He goes ok. Has he moments where he looks good and other times when he struggles. Typical Krisnan over his career

Harrigan

Juniors
Warrington 22-22 Hull FC
Leigh 24-37 Widnes
Catalan 18-38 Wakefield

Table

Castleford..12 pts
Leeds.........12
Hull.............11
Salford.......10
------------------------
Wigan.........9
Wakefield....8
St. Helens...6
Leigh...........6
/----------------------/
Catalan.......5
Huddersfield..5
Widnes.........3
Warrington....1

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Catalans form a worry. I have not.caught them on tv this year, is it discipline or just quality letting them down?

Seems like Salford will have a good year, Carney should carry them deep into the season injury free

JasonE

Bench
Another interesting game this morning, its great to see Cas playing such an attractive style even though they weren't at their best. I still think Wigan will be the team to beat when they get some stars back.
More great games tonight when Hull play Salford and Leeds v Wire.

adamkungl

Immortal
Just me or do SL teams seem to have a stupid amount of injuries most of the time. Wigan's entire back 5 was out, plus more

Harrigan

Juniors
Wigan 10-27 Castleford
Hull 18-54 Salford
Leigh 26-37 Catalan
St. Helens 14-14 Huddersfield
Wakefield 30-4 Widnes
Warrington 25-14 Leeds

Ladder

Castleford.... 14
Salford......... 12
Leeds........... 12
Hull............... 11
----------------------
Wakefield..... 10
Wigan............ 9
St. Helens...... 7
Catalan.......... 7
=============
Leigh.............. 6
Huddersfield... 6
Warrington...... 3
Widnes........... 3

Harrigan

Juniors
Just me or do SL teams seem to have a stupid amount of injuries most of the time. Wigan's entire back 5 was out, plus more

Only recently. Leeds played the first half of last season with an average of 8 out a game. This year they only have 5 out so far but it peaked at 8 for the Cas game. All forwards too.

Harrigan

Juniors
Also, who at the start of the season would have thought Castleford v Wakefield would be the biggest good Friday "Derby" game!