What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team V Warriors - Gidley Rested

~knights~

Juniors
I think it's more to do with the other players being quarantined and unable to train all week with the team

Serc

First Grade
If the Broncos vs Dogs game is off, they'll just slip ours forward from 9:30 to 7:30 you'd think.

They haven't been able to train all week due to most of their squad being in quarantine...and I think thats why they are putting their foot down because they wanted the game moved to Sunday.

Burwood

Bench
Isn't the Warriors game on at 7:30pm local time, which is 9:30pm over here? I can't see them pushing the game ahead two hours.

EDIT: Game is at 6:35pm local time, so it still won't kick off here till 8:30pm??

Last edited:

Karmawave

Bench
Karma, agree with the sentiment that yes Wes was poor, but this is why you're such a tool.

Any time there is a comment that is even vaguely positive, little alarm bells must go off in that empty head because you're there so quick to piss on it you make heads spin.

Because a few too many people around here live in this perfect red and blue world - lets just call it fantasy world - where they try and find a positive in absolutely everything.

I mean seriously, Jeff Robson played better against us last weekend than the Groin Puller has ever played in his first grade career.

I'm a tool for being a realist, that's the problem. I'm a tool because I rain on everyones little red and blue parade with a dose of reality.

It's called balancing out opinion.

I find it ironic that I'm the tool for saying such things.

I think the majority of NRL fans would probably think the Knights are tools for persisting with a halfback that offers so little.

We'll have at least 4 weeks debate free of him, ( he won't be out there on the field to show us his ' skill ) but its a good excuse for his fan club to start counting the hours minutes and seconds until his return.

Last edited:

Rolla

Juniors
Scotty has never been the coach's first choice in any grade. He has been dropped more times than a pass to Sam Stewart.

Let's look at a few seasons.

In 2006 he started the season as second choice in Flegg behind Walsh, and the team started slowly till walsh was promoted to PL, then had a long winning streak with Scotty and a few no name 5/8s like Simon Allen, but Walshy made it back from injury in time to lose us the grandfinal.

In 2007 Trent Robinson made it very clear he didn't rate Scotty at all and basically dropped him from the squad in the first month of the season, preferring to play Riley Brown at halfback. The team went terrible till Scotty got called up from the local comp, and Trent Robinson get a reputation for knowing what he was doing as the Knights went to the top of the table mid season with Scotty playing the house down, only to fall to bits when Scotty was unavailable at the end of the season. For the record, the 2007 season was our worst ever for injury, and some of the sides Scotty had winning games would have looked at home in the local comp.

In short, no one rates him, so his career would have been over 3 or 4 times now, if he didn't have that pesky habit of making sides win lots of games.

His only obvious talent is telling other guys to do something and giving them the ball, but that's a good enough talent to have him leading teams to the top of the SG Ball table, Jersey Flegg table, NSW cup table, and i reckon he could lead our side to the top of the NRL table if he gets a chance.

Now i know why he is there....he is a good luck charm!!! perhaps he can be the next mascot??

Roop i wasnt saying he didnt have a winning history, he does... But in my eyes this is proof that that stat doesnt mean everything... walsh is now a provan matchwinner (relatively consistantly albeit in a short time frame) he has turned a losing side into a winning one, despite stats showing that scotty has had to pick up the peices for him in the past. scotty has provan he can kick field goals.

But in seriousnous i am all for him playing firstgrade. i dont care who partners mullen so long as they can find consistancy. Nobody has put their hand up for mine yet. Rogers needs to lift his involvement to take pressure of jarred without lifting his error rate or losing his effectiveness... Scotty needs to start making the right decisions, start executing better and work on his running and defencive games.
When one of them does this il start pushing for them to be there.

~knights~

Juniors
I mean seriously, Jeff Robson played better against us last weekend than the Groin Puller has ever played in his first grade career.

what about scotty's game against the sharks karma

that R2 game where we lost mullo/simmo and ciraldo

he won us that game

CJG 182

Juniors
No it's because you can't resist sticking the boot in at any time. If you pick and choose your moments you have some really good comments and points, but for the most part its non stop bs.

Not everyone agrees. For example in the much talked about Dureau vs Rogers debate, Alex is firmly in the Rogers corner and me against it. We argue, disagree etc but he makes valid points and doesn't ruin every thread with bullsh*t negativity for the sake of negativity. You just don't know when to leave things alone. Honestly this place was better the one week you weren't here, football actually got discussed.

Rolla

Juniors
aaaaargh, ive had enough of this swine flu!!! 1500 australians die annually of the flu.....how many have died from swine flu??? 0, zip, nada, none. These are Athletes in great condition, plus a lot of ordinary influenza viruses can (and )put them on their arse harder than this thing

Karmawave

Bench
Ok, I'll pick my moments a bit more CJG...

I think there is a misconception though that my Wes Naiqama comment was a slight on Scott Dureau.

It was actually a slight on Wes Naiqama, and it was meant in the context that even Andrew Johns would have struggled to make Wes a better player.

CJG 182

Juniors
I have no doubt the moments will be the to bash certain players but at least if they're not every post they're easier to cop.

macavity

Referee
I'm a tool

QFT..... :p

what about scotty's game against the sharks karma

that R2 game where we lost mullo/simmo and ciraldo

he won us that game

I have stayed on the sidelines here.

I believe we only have one premiership-winning half (well, 5/8 actually) and need a top-shelf 7 to take it to the next level. A young one will do - Beau Henry or Ben Hunt would do very very nicely.

But yes, scotty did win us that game with a MOM performance.

Your refusal to acknowledge the exceptions proves your rule (see above), karma.

CJG 182

Juniors
If we got Beau Henry it would be the best signing this club has made since Kennedy.

Unbelievable talent.