What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team V Warriors - Gidley Rested

Joker's Wild

Coach
The Broncos are going to table him a deal soon to cover for the inevitable retirement of Lockyer so we are next to no chance of signing him even if we do make a decent money offer.

Beau Henry is a much better prospect IMO but Im not sure of his contract status at the Dragons

Karmawave

Bench
but karma, who would you make a play at to buy? like what half would satisfy you?
cuz we know rogers isnt a long term solution either, and mullen plays better at 5/8th

I'd like to think that the Knights are at least exploring the options of Ben Hunt, Beau Henry, Keiran Foran. Even if we are no chance of getting them like Joker believes with Hunt, then the effort should still be put in.

Who knows, Hunt might not want to wait another year or 2 for Lockyer. He may want to play first grade now.

To a lesser extent Daly Cherry Evans.

With all of the above, I have no idea about their contract situations, though I know Hunt is unsigned.

Other than that, I sympathise with the Knights because they attempted to do this last season with Arana Taumata, and we all know how that fell through. It probably left them behind the 8 ball a bit with their plans, as an Arana Taumata with his head screwed on right, would probably have been the longer term solution they were looking at. So they had made that effort, and it came unstuck.

There are other more tried and true options that could have done the job, but we won't get them here because of the coaches relationship with them.

We can write off home grown Ryan Stig ever being a quality first grade half. Not in a zillion years.

macavity

Referee
Karma, email keith onslow with cc to smithy and burro

their email addresses arent hard to figure out

Big Tim

First Grade
So what you are saying, forgive my ignorance, is that stats presented to back up an argument are incorrect?

I will have to remember that one.

The stats are correct, it is the context that you are arguing, but the question was asked "what are the winning percentages for the halves combos?". Jobber answered that, with stats to back it up, and you and Alex attack him because of an agenda, and then add your assumption that Dureau was left out due to travelling...... how the hell would you even know that? I guess you already have Smithy's email addy, that would be how you know what he is thinking about all this time.

P.S. Can we have these Dureau/Rogers posts moved to the "We kept the right half" thread..... would love to keep that thing going.

voltron

Juniors
I'd like to think that the Knights are at least exploring the options of Ben Hunt, Beau Henry, Keiran Foran. Even if we are no chance of getting them like Joker believes with Hunt, then the effort should still be put in.

Who knows, Hunt might not want to wait another year or 2 for Lockyer. He may want to play first grade now.

To a lesser extent Daly Cherry Evans.

With all of the above, I have no idea about their contract situations, though I know Hunt is unsigned.

Other than that, I sympathise with the Knights because they attempted to do this last season with Arana Taumata, and we all know how that fell through. It probably left them behind the 8 ball a bit with their plans, as an Arana Taumata with his head screwed on right, would probably have been the longer term solution they were looking at. So they had made that effort, and it came unstuck.

There are other more tried and true options that could have done the job, but we won't get them here because of the coaches relationship with them.

We can write off home grown Ryan Stig ever being a quality first grade half. Not in a zillion years.

so you would like to buy some other new halfback who is still unproven?
i guess u want the potential? and think that dureau has almost maxed out his potential?

but i agree with that sentiment i guess
we should be talking to players, alot of them
its what the roosters do so well, which is why every off contract player is linked to them
because they talk to everyone even if they dont get most of them
i think thats smart

Jobdog

Live Update Team
You must have been busting to bring this out for weeks...I'm surprised that you didn't haul it out last week if only to make your hero's stats look even better!

What it tells me is that the team - or most importantly Mullen - is playing super footy to win games in spite of your hero's inept running and defence.
Ahh, one of your best there Alex. The question was asked - "What are our percentages with either?" I answered it.

What's even worse about Dobjog, is he sits there and thinks he has come up with something brilliant, when in reality, 3 of the games Mullen has paired up with Rogers that have been losses were away games in Queensland ( Titans, Cowboys ) which are hard enough to win at the best of times, as well as the 2 point Tiger loss at Campbelltown that could have easily gone the other way.

The groin puller on the other hand, has played all but one game with Mullen at home ( clearly Supercoach knows Dureau is absolute ratsh*t away from home ), and the one game that the Puller played with Mullen away was a win over those high flying premiership contending Cronulla Sharks.

Meanwhile the Mullen/Rogers combination was leading our team to the best victory of the season AWAY FROM HOME against the Dragons, and racking up points in a great attacking display against the Roosters. ( And would have/ should have had more points if a few players hands didn't let them down )

I've seem some crock stats in my time, but those ones just about take the cake :lol:
:lol: I knew you'd skew those stats that I came up with to paint Mr Rogers as a superhero. And really, this "great attacking display against the Roosters" you're talking about - um, it's the Roosters, have you seen where they're coming?

So what you are saying, forgive my ignorance, is that stats presented to back up an argument are incorrect?

I will have to remember that one.

The stats are correct, it is the context that you are arguing, but the question was asked "what are the winning percentages for the halves combos?". Jobber answered that, with stats to back it up, and you and Alex attack him because of an agenda, and then add your assumption that Dureau was left out due to travelling...... how the hell would you even know that? I guess you already have Smithy's email addy, that would be how you know what he is thinking about all this time.
But see Timmy, it doesn't suit their agenda's, so it's much easier to play the man ...

Karmawave

Bench
:lol: I knew you'd skew those stats that I came up with to paint Mr Rogers as a superhero.

Not at all. He is far from a superhero. He is average with a capital A. But he CAN be a match winner on his day.

Your winning % stats came with the inference that Mullen/Dureau is the best halves combo. ( Not necessarily from you )

I merely pointed out what ' losses ' Mullen/Rogers had, and where they played.

Trying to compare the two based on a winning % is a load of crap thats all.

Maybe if there wasn't the inference that the winning % solves our halves, people wouldn't respond with some logic of their own?

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Not at all. He is far from a superhero. He is average with a capital A. But he CAN be a match winner on his day.

Your winning % stats came with the inference that Mullen/Dureau is the best halves combo. ( Not necessarily from you )

I merely pointed out what ' losses ' Mullen/Rogers had, and where they played.

Trying to compare the two based on a winning % is a load of crap thats all.

Maybe if there wasn't the inference that the winning % solves our halves, people wouldn't respond with some logic of their own?
Well, it could be argued it is. Not necessarily because it means Scott is in the team, rather it means Mullo shifts one wider of the ruck where he plays his best footy. I wonder, is it possible for Rogers to play halfback, and Mullen five-eight?

And as for the winning %, the question was asked, I responded to it.

Karmawave

Bench
Karma, email keith onslow with cc to smithy and burro

their email addresses arent hard to figure out

Serious question. In your opinion, do you feel the emails from fans are taken seriously?

In my experience with dealing with the club in the past - and I have been very polite in approach and well mannered - I have always been left with the feeling that its all water off a ducks back.

macavity

Referee
Serious question. In your opinion, do you feel the emails from fans are taken seriously?

In my experience with dealing with the club in the past - and I have been very polite in approach and well mannered - I have always been left with the feeling that its all water off a ducks back.

I have instances where what I have said has led to changes.

not in regard to recruitment, but certainly in other areas.

I would suggest that smithy is great with the fans and open to dialogue, as is burro - no idea on onslow.

edit - the club knows the Crusade and know me, and know we have the clubs best interests at heart and are only trying to help. I would suggest that most feedback they get is the axe-to-grind type feedback, and I can't imagine that is considered as highly as constructive feedback from a trusted source.

Last edited:

Alex28

Coach
you and Alex attack him because of an agenda...
That's f***ing rich - We get attacked here all the time because we point out that Rogers is a better option than Dureau, and you are in to us because we think he is agenda pushing?

We have lost 3 games with Rogers playing - Titans was the first game of the season, the Tigers we should have won, and the whole team was pathetic against the Cowboys. Pretty hard to put that down to him.

Where as Dureau has had a dream run - being selected against the weaker teams at home.

Ask yourselves...which games have we looked our best againt? I would nominate the Dragons win (Rogers/Mullen), Roosters win (Rogers/Mullen) and Bulldogs (Mullen/Dureau). The common theme here - Mullen. Forget about Rogers and Dureau. Rather than arguing about which other option is better - Mullen has been awesome for us.

(But if you do want to argue the point...Rogers was pretty good for us against the Dragons and Roosters, and Dureau was pretty poor against the Bulldogs).

voltron

Juniors
what about against the sharks and broncos
dureau did pretty well against them
regardless of how crappy a week the sharks had before the game, we were reduced to a one man bench, backing up from a game in the hot QLD sun
a fair win

and same against the broncos, we didnt lose our head and had a good kicking game

Alex28

Coach
The Sharks...bottom of the ladder...poor all year. Roosters have been poor as well but that game was probably the best we've looked in attack and defence all year (maybe besides the first half against the Dragons).

The Broncos...thought about this...conditions were pathetic, Broncos were poor and lost a couple (?) of players to injury during the game. We got them on the best night possible to get them on.

Rolla

Juniors
Dureau has a fantastic record all through the grades.

Perfect example of why stats dont tell the whole story. I think you have mention before that his winning % is far better than walsh.... Yet walsh has already done more with penrith than scotty in his whole time with us. Walsh is a better player now, and has a lot more potential for improvement.

That said i think scotty can do the job inside mullen, mostly because id love to see jarrod at 6 full time. But i dont think he is cabable of being an average player consistantly yet, which is all i would ask of a half with a great 5/8 outside him. And until then we will see the halves chop and change i think.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
The Sharks...bottom of the ladder...poor all year. Roosters have been poor as well but that game was probably the best we've looked in attack and defence all year (maybe besides the first half against the Dragons).

The Broncos...thought about this...conditions were pathetic, Broncos were poor and lost a couple (?) of players to injury during the game. We got them on the best night possible to get them on.
Actually, the Sharks have had a dig in every one of their games. The same can't be said for the Roosters.

RE: Brisbane game, they still had a few handy players in the team. Apparently blokes like Folau, Lockyer, Wallace and Thaiday go ok ...

Last edited:

voltron

Juniors

but like i said
it was still a very tough game
we lost mullen early, and simpson too
and we had to back up from that titans game (not dureau though)

and we won the broncos game because of our composure and decent kicking

Latest posts