What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Test squad for India?

TIGER14

Bench
Hohns is as much of a deadshit as Rod Marsh was.
They must be the only 2 people in Australia that think SMarsh is better than Uzzie, and that Wade is better than Nevill.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
There are ongoing fears about Khawaja’s wristy approach to playing spinners on turning decks,

You mean having a technique like the Indians is a bad thing ?

Who writes this shit ?

JJ

Immortal
SMarsh is funny, But in all conditions he's probably a better test #3 than Khawaja

As with most touring teams to India there are huge questions over all your top 7 options, well all except MMarsh, Wade and Maxwell who are all dog shit awful

Bazal

Post Whore
SMarsh is funny, But in all conditions he's probably a better test #3 than Khawaja

As with most touring teams to India there are huge questions over all your top 7 options, well all except MMarsh, Wade and Maxwell who are all dog shit awful

Lol. You really have something against Khawaja, don't you? It's bizarre

Perfect he's not, he can be exceptionally lazy as a batsman but he's a much better player than Marsh...

JJ

Immortal
On what basis is he better? His home record? Marsh has done pretty well in recent years, starts horrifically etc but it seems more that you have a grudge against him

Bazal

Post Whore
On what basis is he better? His home record? Marsh has done pretty well in recent years, starts horrifically etc but it seems more that you have a grudge against him

Actually I'm one of the few on here who doesn't have something against Marsh (Shaun, anyway. Mitch is atrocious). I hope he's at 6 over in India and I've said that since we've been chatting about the squad on here.

Marsh is a grafter, although without much mental toughness and he's not a particularly intelligent cricketer, but he plays spin reasonably well. He's a solid cricketer and the way he plays has been successful in the areas of the subcontinent he's played test matches in. But he's not a number 3 and he's just not as good a player as Khawaja.

JJ

Immortal
I have also said he should bat 5 or 6 in India

We only disagree on how good Khawaja is, IMO it's s toss of a coin between them, Khawaja better in Australia Marsh probably better in most overseas conditions. They obviously should both be in the test team in India, but your selectors seem to have weird ideas

JJ

Immortal
Oh yeah we all agree I think, just not the people selecting

With your very good pace attack you should have a chance, but they seem too stupid to realise that all out attack with the bat is completely wrong. I think Gilchrist came out at some stage and said the reason the team he led was able to win was they changed and were patient, batted with discipline and for time

Need good bats and a quality attack, you definitely have the latter not the former IMO. But trying to blast India off the pitch as you would in Australia is very unlikely to be successful IMO

Hutty1986

Immortal
Starc not playing IPL to focus on test cricket. Daily Tele has dubbed him the "worlds premier fast bowler." Might be a biiiiit of a stretch.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Oh yeah we all agree I think, just not the people selecting

With your very good pace attack you should have a chance, but they seem too stupid to realise that all out attack with the bat is completely wrong. I think Gilchrist came out at some stage and said the reason the team he led was able to win was they changed and were patient, batted with discipline and for time

Need good bats and a quality attack, you definitely have the latter not the former IMO. But trying to blast India off the pitch as you would in Australia is very unlikely to be successful IMO

Smith said in an interview that batting in india takes graft and hard work. So at least the captain has a realistic approach.

He also just went lol what can you do about warner when the interviewer asked him about how david will approach the task. Its two years without an overseas test century for Warner. Its starting to become an issue imo.

Latest posts