What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Back Page is an utter disgrace

georgesnmith

Juniors
Yeah the chick is painful,

"I have an AFL background, how can Souths fan accept that Burgess is leaving with one year on his contract. That wouldnt be accepted in the AFL".

I think she fails to understand that League players have other options besides playing the same sport but for a different team within the AFL.

Ive been listening to Bosnich on the rush hour (tripple m) plus his responses to League questions, he seems very Pro League. One panelist was stating that league had a problem evolving, with Bozza stating that the game has been changing so much, in fact too much over the past few years. He seemed to know what he was talking about.

I would rather him then Shirvo hosting these footy panel shows.

they suck up to her hard

hooper on one show was agreeing with her that melbourne is the home of sport in australia

some home of sport where they get paranoid when competing sports do well.

james hooper is awful

you can see the joy in his face when he talks about Asada and says the story has a long way to go.

Lambretta

First Grade
The last time I watched this show, it wound me up so much I haven't watched it since

From the comments in this thread I'm not sure much has changed

Interesting to read about Mark Bosnich having a good understanding of League. But then again he is from Fairfield, so he would have grown up with League.

Lambretta

First Grade
It's funny - when you get people on shows like this that don't watch League talking about it, the comments are almost always negative

Boof head players
Thugs
Animals
Neanderthal
Dinosaurs
Stuck in the past

blah, blah, blah

Yet when you talk to people about the charity work League players do or the work courses or Uni degrees the Under 20's need to be enrolled in to play the game or the Women in League fundraising etc you are met with completely blank looks or outright disbelief.

Rugby League has changed massively over the last 15 years and yet peoples opinion of us hasn't. It seems those that have decided to dislike Rugby League will do so regardless. Nothing we do will ever seem to make the slightest difference

I'm just glad there are people like Bozza from other sports that decide to take a stand when people talk shit. It doesn't happen too often

El Diablo

Post Whore
half the people who report on League don't like it

Hooper is an example of that

bloke is a f**kwit and i wish he'd piss off to another sport

Patorick

Staff member
As annoying as Underwood can be, she would be about 300 times better as the host of this mess.

Squires is a life lesson in networking.

And an annoyingly unfunny one at that.

steggz

Juniors
The panel is just too big. Used to get the podcasts with Gibbo and Billy, but when it became a cast of 25 it was just too messy to listen to.

nrlnrl

First Grade
josh massoud is another smug little twit.

brad walter and roy masters are the pick of the bunch

oh no, both have VERY narrow minded opinions & mistake them for the truth

Just because you write or speak confidently doesn't mean it's the truth or fact, like so many others, it's just opinion & people are blinded by this ( don't care if they're from Fairfax or News Ltd )

I believe Steve Mascord is the best rugby league journalist at the moment.

Last edited:

georgesnmith

Juniors
oh no, both have VERY narrow minded opinions & mistake them for the truth

Just because you write or speak confidently doesn't mean it's the truth or fact, like so many others, it's just opinion & people are blinded by this ( don't care if they're from Fairfax or News Ltd )

I believe Steve Mascord is the best rugby league journalist at the moment.

mascords heart is in teh right place but hes a bit of a fruitloop

walters articles are by far the best

look at his current one on the salary cap

masters and wlaters actually are positive on league, you can tell they are fans

there isnt a single person from the telegraph that comes across as a league fan

you can see the joy in their faces when they are talking the game down

eg massoud talking about his verbal with gallen at the dally ms

man2iel_

Juniors
I jumped ship when the old format and crew were punted. I will not watch a TV program that features Tony Squires.

FlameThrower

Bench
I jumped ship when the old format and crew were punted. I will not watch a TV program that features Tony Squires.

The original version with Gibbo, Birmingham and the other 2 panelists worked best. Even Paul Kent was kept in line...

Tony Squires thinks every second sentence needs a joke or punch line...

mozza91

Coach
The original version with Gibbo, Birmingham and the other 2 panelists worked best. Even Paul Kent was kept in line...

He's a pain. Fitzy or Bosnich come up with something funny and he'll try and 1 up them. Sometimes he's funny but too over the top. The AFL bish annoys me though, they can't talk about anything else without her bringing it back to AFL.

nrlnrl

First Grade

Yep, you've absolutely nailed it. I lasted 1 show last year & that was enough. It's now fodder for people with very short attention spans & the Australia's Funniest Home Videos approach suits that audience.

georgesnmith

Juniors
He's a pain. Fitzy or Bosnich come up with something funny and he'll try and 1 up them. Sometimes he's funny but too over the top. The AFL bish annoys me though, they can't talk about anything else without her bringing it back to AFL.

exactly

its made even worse with the resident "leaguie" hooper sucking up to everything she says

I never watch this show but seeing it came up at lunch in the cricket happened to notice not one rugby league panelist the week the NRL kicks off.

What a farce.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I was flipping through one of the Rugby League magazines, cant remember exactly which one but there was an advert from Fox Sports promoting their league shows, NRL 360, Sterlo and then the Back Page which Im baffled as these days there's very little of it being mentioned.

Anyways they should leave the League talk to the real NRL shows like 360 and Sterlo, rather than have someone talk about League only to have it interuppted with a mention of AFL or someone put League down.

Can they get someone on the Back Page with some balls and argue with someone, instead of trying to be funny like the old format.

Remember when Paul Kent said to Mike Gibson he wont come back on the show if they keep having the Champs of the week as golfers.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Because it in was in the lunch break of the cricket it's the first time i have watched it in ages, who is the uppity mole who had a snide dig at RL and their crowds??? If she is on every week it is another good reason why i don't watch that garbage.