What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Back Page is an utter disgrace

Headless Chook

Juniors
Get Goodes on the show next week I say. There's no way the AFL could be painted in any other light other than poo stained brown.

BTW how good what Whitney. Funny bastard.

insert.pause

First Grade
Except he also preluded it by saying AFL wins in the morality stakes 8 out 10 with rugby league, which is rubbish, one code gets treated softly softly by the media while the other gets treated like a punching bag. No one could possibly debate that fact. Rugby league will never escape the stereotype.

Incorrect

Coach
Get Goodes on the show next week I say. There's no way the AFL could be painted in any other light other than poo stained brown.

BTW how good what Whitney. Funny bastard.

Mate, he was a breath of fresh air wasn't he?!

Seems like a very genuine and likeable bloke. One of the first things I noticed was he shook Squires' hand when he was introduced and I think shook Bosnich's hand as well. I don't know why it is but I've always sensed you could get an indication in to the class and integrity of a person from the simple gesture of a handshake in that situation.

BTW - I bet Squires will be doing everything he can to use his Swan's ambassadorship, or whatever he is there, to get Goodes on the show in coming weeks. It would be an absolute slobber-fest - can you imagine them all falling over their own drool trying to ask him a question?

Headless Chook

Juniors
Jesus H Christ and all his disciples, the Back Page tonight is like an over excited Turkish Bath house with every AFL lovey on the panel is getting a rub and self rewarding each other. 16 mins of nauseating bile. Honestly Fleming is a prized far quit. In comparison, 3 mins on the NRL. Oh well at least we had Hooper going into bat for the NRL, nudge, nudge.

mozza91

Coach
Jesus H Christ and all his disciples, the Back Page tonight is like an over excited Turkish Bath house with every AFL lovey on the panel is getting a rub and self rewarding each other. 16 mins of nauseating bile. Honestly Fleming is a prized far quit. In comparison, 3 mins on the NRL. Oh well at least we had Hooper going into bat for the NRL, nudge, nudge.

It's a joke. 4 AFL nuffies and a Rugby League journalist who knows next to nothing about Rugby League.
I lol'd at the AFL lesbian comparing Hayne to some American bloke playing for St Kilda, trying to give AFL some International relevance.

tumbidragon

First Grade
By going into bat, do you mean shitting on the code?

FlameThrower

Bench
I'm glad u guys picked up on this yesterday, I switched over for just a few minutes looked at the panel and might as well have this on the AFL station,. This is nothing like the Mike Gibson version from a few years ago, this just crap and I dare say the silent war with NewsCorp and Fox against NRL we might as well give up on this show!

forward pass

Coach
Some of you guys must be watching a different back page to me. It gets a very even split between AFL and NRL and from memory they have never had an AFL personality/player be guest host. But they have had Soward, George Rose and Girds on several occasions.

The show covers the week in sport - if there is nothing worth showing - then what can they do? Some weeks it is AFL - some weeks it is NRL. Who gives a toss. It is entertainment ffs.

Brutus

Referee
Some of you guys must be watching a different back page to me. It gets a very even split between AFL and NRL and from memory they have never had an AFL personality/player be guest host. But they have had Soward, George Rose and Girds on several occasions.

The show covers the week in sport - if there is nothing worth showing - then what can they do? Some weeks it is AFL - some weeks it is NRL. Who gives a toss. It is entertainment ffs.

The Back Page this year has been a half-decent show. Agree.

Other years..not so much.

aads

Juniors
They have that Kelly woman "Pweople" on as the co-host with turncoat/ smartest guy in the room just ask him Tony squires who jumps on any bandwagon so they don't need more AFL?
This and ABC Grandstand are pretty bias so i just don't watch them

a much better show when Mike Gibson hosted it

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Just watched them commenting on Hayne, and again Underwood compares it with An AFL debut. Seriously does she know anything else about sport other than that Mexican game.

bnie7349

Juniors
This is my 2nd year of watching the back page. It doesn't seem like it's an AFL wank fest as much as it was a few years ago (based on what I have read on this forum), but Kelli Underwood defantly tries to make it an AFL wank fest. I wish Paul Kent was on the show (instead of hopper), he would tear her a new one.

GongPanther

Referee
Its an AFL propaganda show.... Nothing more. Nothing less.

Correct me if I'm wrong,a few weeks ago they duly went apeshit on the Pierce saga,and rightly so.

But any mention of that AFL side from Essendon for the rest of the show?

I didn't see it,unless they gave it a roasting before then.

Latest posts