What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

DiegoNT

First Grade
A lot are calling this film Asgardians of the Galaxy since that's the vibe they seem to be going for.
The Weird thing is that the Thor movies set the scene for guardians, with the 'space opera' stage set down and even one of the guardians characters appearing in Thor 2s credit scene.

Last Week

Bench
Well I find this to be disappointing. I've always found Thor to be one of the best characters in the MCU. But here he just looks like a joke. And they've done the same with Hulk.

I get they're trying to stick to the source material but geez. Way to make two of the 4 strongest Avengers look pathetic.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Josh Brolin cast as Cable on Deadpool 2.
Hope they can make him look somewhat like the character, should be good.

Any fans of Taika's work... I had something funny pointed out to me...

he left an Easter egg in the trailer...

Over Thor's right shoulder when he's throwing Miljnor at Hela... lol

LNZvaRb4gEC1YsnHIga6Mh_NHR8OBNOCOyt3GgEP7ddWXlyeQMxOZbN6NETjWp_Kj7SH1QbO5Laizb2ezrc5U1W0twlTZAG1twtHMj-BGwKOqNhTEN88ZwbW9qVv0mVJD-r9IDlxUyTxClI=w459-h208-nc

Ok...what is it?

shiznit

Coach
Well I find this to be disappointing. I've always found Thor to be one of the best characters in the MCU. But here he just looks like a joke. And they've done the same with Hulk.

I get they're trying to stick to the source material but geez. Way to make two of the 4 strongest Avengers look pathetic.
I think the problem for you is the prevailing thought is that Thors films were the weakest in the MCU.

and personally I agree with that... the 2nd Thor sucked big time.

Then you think about the fact they are trying to bring GoTG in to the Avengers fold they probably have a good bridge here for that to happen.

Last Week

Bench
I think the problem for you is the prevailing thought is that Thors films were the weakest in the MCU.

and personally I agree with that... the 2nd Thor sucked big time.

Then you think about the fact they are trying to bring GoTG in to the Avengers fold they probably have a good bridge here for that to happen.

Yes and no, I guess.

I'm all for character development, but I really don't like the light that Thor and Hulk are being portrayed in. They look weak.

Perhaps I'm just really over the quips that Marvel insist on putting in their movies.

shiznit

Coach
Because of Last Jedi?

Ragnorok did get more views than Force Awakens so it will be close
I don't think you can compare the force awakens with the last jedi in respect to trailer numbers.

The force awakens trailer was released around Christmas 2014. The masses are getting more and more savvy about how they are getting their movie trailers compared to just a couple of years ago.

If you look at the records I think it's based more on the more recent the films are coming out more than anything else...

Number 1 is the IT remake and before that was Fast and the furious 8.... both of which are recent trailers.

I think The Last Jedi is going to smash it... just my opinion though...

Game_Breaker

Coach
I don't think you can compare the force awakens with the last jedi in respect to trailer numbers.

The force awakens trailer was released around Christmas 2014. The masses are getting more and more savvy about how they are getting their movie trailers compared to just a couple of years ago.

If you look at the records I think it's based more on the more recent the films are coming out more than anything else...

Number 1 is the IT remake and before that was Fast and the furious 8.... both of which are recent trailers.

I think The Last Jedi is going to smash it... just my opinion though...

Well, definitely won't smash Ragnarok with the anti-climactic teaser trailer just released. Maybe the main trailer

shiznit

Coach
Well, definitely won't smash Ragnarok with the anti-climactic teaser trailer just released. Maybe the main trailer
I still think it will smash it...

It's a rubbish trailer... but I'm picking the anticipation alone will carry it further than a Ragnarok.

Which was why they released the Ragnarok trailer when they did. They wanted it out before the Star Wars hype went off...

Game_Breaker

Coach
I still think it will smash it...

It's a rubbish trailer... but I'm picking the anticipation alone will carry it further than a Ragnarok.

Which was why they released the Ragnarok trailer when they did. They wanted it out before the Star Wars hype went off...

I don't know

anticipation alone isn't enough, it needs to be a good trailer. Good trailers get high views because so many people are re-watching them. I already watched the Ragnarok trailer a few times, I remember when the 2nd Civil War trailer was released and I watched that a dozen times at least. I even checked out a few reaction videos to the trailer because of the spiderman reveal. I'm not even a fan of F&F series and the trailer for the new movie is pretty epic

Watching the last jedi teaser trailer once was enough for me, just not exciting. The main trailer will no doubt be different

shiznit

Coach
I don't know

anticipation alone isn't enough, it needs to be a good trailer. Good trailers get high views because so many people are re-watching them. I already watched the Ragnarok trailer a few times, I remember when the 2nd Civil War trailer was released and I watched that a dozen times at least. I even checked out a few reaction videos to the trailer because of the spiderman reveal. I'm not even a fan of F&F series and the trailer for the new movie is pretty epic

Watching the last jedi teaser trailer once was enough for me, just not exciting. The main trailer will no doubt be different
I get what your saying... but I just think the Star Wars fan base is just much, much larger and probably more likely to draw in casual viewers than Thor would.

Remembering we're talking about the first 24hrs...

I could be way wrong on this... I just assumed that the Star Wars juggernaut on its own will steamroll its way to the record based purely on hype.

elyod138

Bench
Thor ended up smashing the Star Wars teaser for the first 24 hours, if I'm reading the numbers correctly?

Edit: youtube numbers seem to be wrong, so it's hard to tell

Last edited:

Game_Breaker

Coach
Thor ended up smashing the Star Wars teaser for the first 24 hours, if I'm reading the numbers correctly?

I wouldn't be surprised if Last Jedi didn't get close but where did you read it off?

It's based off views from YouTube, Facebook, Twitter etc

Zoidberg

First Grade
I don't really understand how they can even track those numbers when the videos are duplicated over many channels.

Latest posts