What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Development

Quigs

Immortal
Exactly $10 million then means we are competing for the grand final now!

Annnnnnd apartments we can offer the families of (wink, wink) prospective new players that wish to transfer over to the progressive new Shark Park Rivers Of Gold.

Why would the Club want to give the SMH any sort of story is beyond me.

Keogh should STFU!

They were generous in giving us the up front payment to save the Clubs debt crisis now everything else is a bonus.

The SMH has hardly had a good word to say about our Club in recent years and now Keogh decides to help them with another negative story directed to the Club.

FMD!

Keogh has been shitty from day one that the club didn't get a bigger slice right off the bat.
He went semi public saying that Irvines board has put together a bad deal.

carcharias

Immortal
Hey we need some updated photos of it.

Where are all the locals?
Drove past it today and was going to take a pic but phone was under my seat.
It's not as big as you'd think.
It's big
But not skyscraper concrete jungle big.
The views will be awesome
Even from about 2nd or 3rd floor up

Card Shark

Immortal
Keogh has been shitty from day one that the club didn't get a bigger slice right off the bat.
He went semi public saying that Irvines board has put together a bad deal.

What's your take on it, with a bit of inside knowledge?

My opinion following the whole process from afar is that we got a fair deal considering we weren't in a great position to bargain...a "take it or leave it" scenario.

It must be remembered that previous boards tried to get it underway & failed. Also, I think we took the option that wouldn't put the club at risk of going under with it....well the opposite actually.

shaggs

Coach
Drove past it today and was going to take a pic but phone was under my seat.
It's not as big as you'd think.
It's big
But not skyscraper concrete jungle big.
The views will be awesome
Even from about 2nd or 3rd floor up
That tower that is nearly completed is one of the smaller ones I think.

It's what we do with the money that can be the game changer for our Club.

Invest some in other lucrative businesses. I'm not saying put the Club in any risky situation that they could go under with but definitely don't be ultra conservative with the windfall.

I think it would be great for the Club to build a property/business portfolio that keeps growing the pie.

txta2

Bench
Looks like a generic block of apartments like the ones in Zetland at the moment. Don't know what the inside is like

Generalzod

Immortal
A blast from the past:

14720457_644867659023944_5448641355674927365_n.jpg

taipan

Referee
Story has it , residents move in October.Judging by where they are at ,doubt it.End November more likely.
Working on landscaping around the current towers ,painting.Inside have NFI.
There has to be certification by an authority as to the units,lifts,fire escapes are all in working order or as planned.that doesn't happen overnight.

What's your take on it, with a bit of inside knowledge?

My opinion following the whole process from afar is that we got a fair deal considering we weren't in a great position to bargain...a "take it or leave it" scenario.

It must be remembered that previous boards tried to get it underway & failed. Also, I think we took the option that wouldn't put the club at risk of going under with it....well the opposite actually.

The deal we got was fantastic. Still is. 10 million upfront was a big result.