What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The end of the line for the Bulldogs

Shifty

Juniors
Impelliterri's Signature
Are allegations of rape, drug use and drug trafficking traits of what one would call a "family" club?

Are you the one making the allegation of drug trafficking Impelliterri, because the police certainly aren't. Doesn't seem that your word is worth anything. You might want to make a retraction before you land yourself in hot water.

t-ba

Post Whore
DJ1 said:
It's not the cable TV deal that's dodgy it's the one given to channel 9 for a song.

I beg to differ. C7's involved more money, the only Reason FOX got the rights was because they have a 50% stake in the game. If Super League aimed to eliminate Croneyism, why in the name of hell do the instigator engage in it?

Once Dead

Bench
Pigskin said:
Well done to Pensacola and Objective One for at least trying to offer some balance to these ridiculously uninformed, archaic morons that sound like they also were locked in a room with Bozo and Gus to be smashed over the head with ARL brainwash.

Impellitteri - perhaps you should go read one - just one of about 3000 books or 5 million articles on the war so you could get at least something right.

I wish you insular Sydney regurgitators still had your own ARL "for the boys" club competition. Every single one of your chief executives would be begging for admittance into a national/international News funded and run competition.

I come to this site for its sheer volume of members and topics and although the egos get in the way, I generally enjoy it. Then a ludicrous conversation breaks out such as this between equally uninformed children and wonder why.

Is it any wonder we Queenslanders "hate" (and I mean hate in every sense of the word) anything that moves in a blue jersey come May/June. And thats why, despite having a third of the pool of players to choose from Queensland remains #1 since the inception of SOO.

Oink !

LOL - it's the old "Anti-Queenslander conspiracy" is it? Btw-remember that the NSWRL invited the Broncos into the competition, the Broncos didn't have some divine right to be in there

How about YOU go and read about the war? I have, and wouldn't weigh in on the argument if i didn't

LOL-i love you guys, every time you hear something that is true but hurts or attacks your teams and allegiances you cry "Oh you and Bozo and Gouldy, sitting in a tree!" or "YEAH I BET YOU WISH YOU HAD A SYDNEY COMP AGAIN, WHY DON'T WE BRING BACK ANNANDALE AND GLEBE?"......typical attitude of people who don't realise that the entire war was over MONEY AND TELEVISION RIGHTS!.......the teams got the money, and Rupert built his empire upon league

Once Dead

Bench
Shifty said:
Impelliterri's Signature
Are allegations of rape, drug use and drug trafficking traits of what one would call a "family" club?

Are you the one making the allegation of drug trafficking Impelliterri, because the police certainly aren't. Doesn't seem that your word is worth anything. You might want to make a retraction before you land yourself in hot water.

Sorry, but who can't say i'm talking about the New England Droids or Tottenham Nospurs? Just for you - i'll make a nice little rearrangement

Once Dead

Bench
t-ba the hutt said:
DJ1 said:
It's not the cable TV deal that's dodgy it's the one given to channel 9 for a song.

I beg to differ. C7's involved more money, the only Reason FOX got the rights was because they have a 50% stake in the game. If Super League aimed to eliminate Croneyism, why in the name of hell do the instigator engage in it?

Preach it t-ba! Preach it! Because we all, well at least the non-blinkered fans of rugby league, know that its true

The fans that claim that anti-SL fans are archaic and brainwashed by the ARL dogma have taken the SL propaganda as possible and swallowed Rupy and Ribot's Vision pills most willingly

Pigskin

Juniors
Impellitteri said:
the teams got the money, and Rupert built his empire upon league

while your at it, go read about Rupert also .... I think you'll find Rupert had quite an empire well before he invested in RL

are there any subjects you can speak intelligently on ?

Oink !

Once Dead

Bench
Pigskin said:
Impellitteri said:

while your at it, go read about Rupert also .... I think you'll find Rupert had quite an empire well before he invested in RL

Oink !

Yawn, freakin' hell, i knew i should have typed the words "Australian Pay TV' next to "empire"....you aren't obviously intelligent yourself if you assume that i'm going to infer comments like that

Are there any subjects you can argue intelligently on?

Oink!

t-ba

Post Whore
I'm not 100% ARL. Generally speaking, the game needed a kick in the arse, because Arko was failing to really modernise the game (The Wording of the TV deal with channel 9 was particularly disturbing at a time when the age of Cable TV was dawning). Unfortunately, Rupert Decided to stick a red hot poker up the games date and swirled it around the inside.

BRISBANE CONSPIRACISTS- :lol: . Super League was Purely profit driven, not some bullsh*t vision of the game. The NSWRL should have accepted Brothers and Reddy when they wanted entrance instead of giving it to some money hungry consortium who basically wanted a license to print money. Super League came on largely as a result of the fact that the Broncos didn't want to be competing with anyone in SE Queensland. Less than a decade later and they're begging for a local rival :lol: .

Shifty

Juniors
Impelliterri's Signature
The Dysfunctional "Family Club" - THE BULLDOGS - Deceit and Dishonor - Since 1997

You're a fine one to talk about deceit, you've got about as much credibility as the tabloids. ;-)

It's funny to see the way the print media have backed right off on printing these allegations now and are making sure they wait for the police to comment. Channel 9 were looking very lonely when they reported on the drug transaction and now we know why.

Once Dead

Bench
Pigskin said:
Impellitteri said:

Oink !

Can you give me a list of those 3,000 Super League war related books please? I'm intrigued that so many exist - i'm sure that you could give me a reference list, well, that's what i infer from your post

Once Dead

Bench
Shifty said:
Impelliterri's Signature
The Dysfunctional "Family Club" - THE BULLDOGS - Deceit and Dishonor - Since 1997

You're a fine one to talk about deceit, you've got about as much credibility as the tabloids. ;-)

It's funny to see the way the print media have backed right off on printing these allegations now and are making sure they wait for the police to comment. Channel 9 were looking very lonely when they reported on the drug transaction and now we know why.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, at least i can accept the fact that stories change and change with them........Deceit is a pre-req in THE BULLDOGS......it all started with a certain man in the Super League war who stabbed his friend [Note for Shifty: no allegations as to physical piercing of human skin and flesh with a blade with intent to harm is alleged, only in a metaphorical way is this intended :roll:] in the back, then continued with the salary cap scandal which WAS PROVEN.....and oh, drug use - tsk tsk, i'd say hiding that was pretty deceitful too - but then again, you're confidentiality agreements nullify any of the consequences that other players have to face

Once Dead

Bench
Shifty said:
Impelliterri's Signature

Can i ask - do you realise that your reactions are just what my sigs are intended to elicit?

Shifty

Juniors
How about not making accusations until you know the facts? You shouldn't be making statements based on speculation any more than the media should. You can correct your statements, but you cannot avoid the fact that you have made them.

I don't condone drugs or mistreatment of women, but accusing someone of rape or criminal activity based on speculation isn't acceptable.

Shifty

Juniors
Impelliterri
Can i ask - do you realise that your reactions are just what my sigs are intended to elicit?

Whatever there intentions they are only resulting in you being exposed for you deceit. ;-)

t-ba

Post Whore
LebaneseForces said:
:lol: ARL LOSERS!!!!

:lol: Lebanese Christian Losers :lol: .

Why don't you go home? Oh, thats right, the Muslims wiped the floor with your sorry Christian arses :lol: .

Merkin :roll: .

Once Dead

Bench
Shifty said:
How about not making accusations until you know the facts? You shouldn't be making statements based on speculation any more than the media should. You can correct your statements, but you cannot avoid the fact that you have made them.

I don't condone drugs or mistreatment of women, but accusing someone of rape or criminal activity based on speculation isn't acceptable.

I'm just commenting on what the media feels justified to report - i have a right to an opinion, might not be entirely correct, but its better than fence-sitting and not thinking at all or considering the reality of things, good or bad........

I didn't accuse anything - i asked if "Allegations of drug use and rape" were traits of a club that associates themselves as "family-orientated" - i'm just commenting, not accusing