What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The end of the line for the Bulldogs

Pensacola Q.C

Juniors
I have simple request Impy. When all is said and done and provided there are no expulsions or convictions recorded then you and the other knife stickers can issue a public apology to all Dog fans at this site.

Granted they have done some things wrong which they should be called to account for...but some of the criticism and prejudice (to put it mildly) is way over the top.

t-ba

Post Whore
Dogs Of War said:
Double Header figures don't count towards our average home ground figures. Allowing for the hole that the showground is, it makes those figures at Telstra Stadium mighty impressive, wish we could play all our games there.

Got last years Crowd Figures anywhere?

Does the Westpac Stadium game count?

Parra_Eels

Bench
no they won't get kicked out but can we have some stability. the afl hasn't changed since 1997 when port were introduced and they don't kick out collingwood or essendon for the sake of rationalisation. 20 is by far the maximum amount of teams for a comp

ouwet

Bench
t-ba the hutt said:
Dogs Of War said:
Double Header figures don't count towards our average home ground figures. Allowing for the hole that the showground is, it makes those figures at Telstra Stadium mighty impressive, wish we could play all our games there.

Got last years Crowd Figures anywhere?

Does the Westpac Stadium game count?

Again is anyone stopping anyother team from taking games too NZ too boost profits? That game at Telstra Stadium would of gotten more then what it got last year at Wellington... I Heard when the agreement is over they wont be transfering it too Wellington anymore because of that.

http://stats.rleague.com/rl/crowds/2003.html

May bad... it was over 21 thousand :lol:

Cupid Stunt

LebaneseForces said:
It's something we can be proud of... Over the last 2 months we have had nothing but bad news thrown at our club... But i have never seen so many people in Bulldogs gear in mylife around this area...

I was just taking the pizz, no offence ment. But you always have & always will see it around Greenacre because it's home territroy. I grew up in Panania & as an Eels fan was well & truly on the outer as far as jerseys went. But I'm sure if you watched the public in Brisbane you'd see 100's of Donkeys jerseys, Tigpie ones in Balmain/Campbelltown, Eels in Parra etc...

ouwet

Bench
Cupid Stunt said:
LebaneseForces said:
It's something we can be proud of... Over the last 2 months we have had nothing but bad news thrown at our club... But i have never seen so many people in Bulldogs gear in mylife around this area...

I was just taking the pizz, no offence ment. But you always have & always will see it around Greenacre because it's home territroy. I grew up in Panania & as an Eels fan was well & truly on the outer as far as jerseys went. But I'm sure if you watched the public in Brisbane you'd see 100's of Donkeys jerseys, Tigpie ones in Balmain/Campbelltown, Eels in Parra etc...

Its cool buddy... But i've lived here my whole if... And i've never seen so many around before... Of COurse you always see them in the Cantebury-Basnktown areas but not too this extent...

Dogaholic

First Grade
t-ba the hutt said:
Its a Dogs World said:
t-ba the hutt,
Manly are in terrible form. there's a good chance the bulldogs will slaughter us. but then again, atleast my club engages in an active regime of reform and player welfare instead of covering everything up.

.....even when they'r jumping fences???

That's a fan reference rather than a player reference...atleast he didn't tear up the wooden benches...

thats a referance to a player jumping fence running from a drug test

Shifty

Juniors
Cupid Stunt
I live in Central Queensland and I've seen more people wearing Bulldogs gear here than almost any other team. Supporters of other teams who move here from NSW often comment on it, especially the rare Roosters fans you happen to meet. ;-)

ouwet

Bench
Shifty said:
Cupid Stunt
I live in Central Queensland and I've seen more people wearing Bulldogs gear here than almost any other team. Supporters of other teams who move here from NSW often comment on it, especially the rare Roosters fans you happen to meet. ;-)

Last year at the game between the Broncos & Bulldogs half the crowd were Bulldog fans and im talking about the game that was played at Suncorp Stadium...

Kingytek

Juniors
PeterBrown said:
When the NRL issues out new licenses for clubs to rejoin the competition, there is one team that I do not want to see get their license renewed. That team is the BULLDOGS.

This team is a disgrace to the NRL. the latest allegations of drug dealing is the last straw. All the bulldogs seem to do these days is attract bad publicity to the NRL.

We are better off without them. Maybe their license should go the the Central Coast, Gold Coast, Wellington, Western Reds, Adelaide Rams, anyone but the bulldogs!

What does everyone else think?

Your an idiot!

DJ1

Juniors
t-ba the hutt said:
DJ1 said:
It's not the cable TV deal that's dodgy it's the one given to channel 9 for a song.

I beg to differ. C7's involved more money, the only Reason FOX got the rights was because they have a 50% stake in the game. If Super League aimed to eliminate Croneyism, why in the name of hell do the instigator engage in it?

Wrong again! The reason they got it was that C7 could not make money from it as they only had a commitment of take up from Optusvision which made the entire proposal financially unviable. Foxtel, Austar and East Coast TV (at this point in history was being purchased by Austar), declined to carry the proposed C7 channel at the per subscriber rates requested. Mr Packer seeing that his ARL / Optusvision ploy was not going to work, abandoned the exclusivity component of his Pay TV holdings and took up a 25% stake in Foxtel and it's subsequent holding of the Foxsports channels.

Once Dead

Bench
Pensacola Q.C said:
I have simple request Impy. When all is said and done and provided there are no expulsions or convictions recorded then you and the other knife stickers can issue a public apology to all Dog fans at this site.

Granted they have done some things wrong which they should be called to account for...but some of the criticism and prejudice (to put it mildly) is way over the top.

I will never apologise to Bulldogs fans, frankly because i have not accused them of anything......i think that's pretty fair

Once Dead

Bench
Shifty said:
Impelliterri
but the Bulldogs tear league apart and continue to drag it through the gutter and only get further rewarded by having a place in the league - now that is a disgrace

Are you saying the Bulldogs are tearing the league apart by having accusations, many of them already proven to be false, levelled at them?

Regardless of the substance of any of the remaining allegations it is my opinion that certain comments made by the media and those that perpetuate their deciet and presumpitons are the real culprits that are tearing league apart.

Now it's the Bulldogs, but many teams have been the target of calls to have them thrown out of the league and some have been unfortunate enough to have suffered that fate.

The Western Reds and North Sydney are perfect examples of teams that could have been saved if everyone had worked together for the best interests of rugby league instead of trying to tear the competition apart to satisfy their own interests.

No, i was saying that they tore it apart re: SL

The issues and controversies The Bulldogs are involved in - they may not be totally guilty of, but they have done something extraordinary in order to have these accusations levelled at them

Exactly - Super League came along and in effect, killed expansion....North Sydney would still be in the competition save for the criteria and SL - teams such as The Bulldogs trying to satisfy their own ends

Shifty

Juniors
The Bulldogs club has taken the wrong approach to the media since the Salary Cap issue. The club has to accept the media's reaction to that, but it doesn't justify some of the allegations or sensationalism that the media have been responsible for, nor does it mean the allegations should be treated as having substance until evidence supports them.

As someone who finished schoolboys when the ARL V Super League rift developed I know what impact it had on the game at all levels. I continued playing, but I didn't watch games of either competition. It is the only time I have been following Rugby League that I have not followed Canterbury. Personal interests on both sides took priority over the game of Rugby League.

The Bulldogs were involved in Super League, but they weren't responsible for it. The management of the ARL were just as guilty of acting outside the best interests of rugby league and it's fans as were those who set up Super League.

Calling for a team to be thrown out is not in the best interest of the game where there is a way for that teams problems to be addressed. The important thing is that the league has been united and we should learn from the lessons of the past and realise that rivalry should not create division among fans.

Objective One

Juniors
Impellitteri said:
Shifty said:
Impelliterri
but the Bulldogs tear league apart and continue to drag it through the gutter and only get further rewarded by having a place in the league - now that is a disgrace

Are you saying the Bulldogs are tearing the league apart by having accusations, many of them already proven to be false, levelled at them?

Regardless of the substance of any of the remaining allegations it is my opinion that certain comments made by the media and those that perpetuate their deciet and presumpitons are the real culprits that are tearing league apart.

Now it's the Bulldogs, but many teams have been the target of calls to have them thrown out of the league and some have been unfortunate enough to have suffered that fate.

The Western Reds and North Sydney are perfect examples of teams that could have been saved if everyone had worked together for the best interests of rugby league instead of trying to tear the competition apart to satisfy their own interests.

No, i was saying that they tore it apart re: SL

The issues and controversies The Bulldogs are involved in - they may not be totally guilty of, but they have done something extraordinary in order to have these accusations levelled at them

Exactly - Super League came along and in effect, killed expansion....North Sydney would still be in the competition save for the criteria and SL - teams such as The Bulldogs trying to satisfy their own ends

yes but whose fault was it that SL "came along"? not just or even priamarily the clubs that signed up. At the head of the queue, inept ARL management, that's the answer, followed by a competitor to the ARL's exclusive holder of TV rights, followed by the exclusive holder who said "I'll see your bid and then double it", yahddie, yahddie, yahddie.... get real Imppie.

t-ba

Post Whore
Its a Dogs World said:
t-ba the hutt said:
Its a Dogs World said:
t-ba the hutt,
Manly are in terrible form. there's a good chance the bulldogs will slaughter us. but then again, atleast my club engages in an active regime of reform and player welfare instead of covering everything up.

.....even when they'r jumping fences???

That's a fan reference rather than a player reference...atleast he didn't tear up the wooden benches...

thats a referance to a player jumping fence running from a drug test

Mcdougall Clan?

He Played for Norths...

Shifty wrote:
Impelliterri's Signature
Quote:

Are allegations of rape, drug use and drug trafficking traits of what one would call a "family" club?

Are you the one making the allegation of drug trafficking Impelliterri, because the police certainly aren't. Doesn't seem that your word is worth anything. You might want to make a retraction before you land yourself in hot water.

Sorry, but who can't say i'm talking about the New England Droids or Tottenham Nospurs? Just for you - i'll make a nice little rearrangement

Doesn't work like that man, what you said could be seen as defamation, you don't have to say the club name because you implied and the average reader would have recognised you were talking about the Bulldogs.

Once Dead

Bench
Unknown Pleasures said:
Shifty wrote:
Impelliterri's Signature
Quote:

Are allegations of rape, drug use and drug trafficking traits of what one would call a "family" club?

Are you the one making the allegation of drug trafficking Impelliterri, because the police certainly aren't. Doesn't seem that your word is worth anything. You might want to make a retraction before you land yourself in hot water.

Sorry, but who can't say i'm talking about the New England Droids or Tottenham Nospurs? Just for you - i'll make a nice little rearrangement

Doesn't work like that man, what you said could be seen as defamation, you don't have to say the club name because you implied and the average reader would have recognised you were talking about the Bulldogs.

LOL - are you saying that the moniker of a "family club" isn't associated with other teams in the world? Grow up, The Bulldogs don't have a mortgage on it.........you implied that i was talking about The Bulldogs - i know what i was implying

DJ1

Juniors
Defamation in written form is called Libel

It can be considered libel when you post an accusation as "family club" in a thread specifically targetted at the Bulldogs. Re:read the name of the thread.

However the use of the word alleged in your "family club" statement means that it isn't an accusation and therefore not libelous.

Once Dead

Bench
DJ1 said:
Defamation in written form is called Libel

It can be considered libel when you post an accusation as "family club" in a thread specifically targetted at the Bulldogs. Re:read the name of the thread.

However the use of the word alleged in your "family club" statement means that it isn't an accusation and therefore not libelous.

Thanks for the confirmation and break-down of the issue

I like my new sig better than the old one anyhoo, so Shifty should be equally happy

Latest posts