What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Fullback

hazzbeen

Bench
I'm not convinced we need his issues or even another big signing at this stage

Let's give Dufty a decent crack once he is fully fit.

If Hunt was keen to know who our juniors were and he thinks Field could be a good halves partner then he needs a run at 6 at some point otherwise I would be shopping for a 6 before a 1 like Hayne.
Id definitely give Dufty a chance and would be my first choice if it did not work , then Hayne , if we did sign Id be ok with it .

SBD82

Coach
Price is important of course, but if we signed him he would be:
  • Debatably the best fullback at the club
  • The best winger at the club
  • The best centre at the club
  • The best 5/8 at the club.
You could play him at 6 and bring field through at 1. Or field at 6 with Dugan at 1 and Hayne at 4.

It's probably all pie in the sky and I doubt there's a big chance he would come to us, but he is a damn good footballer, and he would suit the way we play.

Old Timer

Coach
God have mercy! Let go of Widdop for Hayne? The trippy old dude is flashing red and is about to go hyper-nova!
You are a complete and utter f**kwhit
Again you see fit to introduce Widdop into a post I made explicitly about Hayne.
I wouldn't swap anyone for Hayne nor would I buy him even if he was a free agent and cheap and that is a point I have made abundantly clear in previous posts.
So what has that go to do with Widdop or anyone else in the team?
You Benji and Hayne certainly have 1 thing in common, your best was also long ago, just like theirs and your efforts from Bali when you were drinking beer with your husband were no doubt the best you ever did.

Yes. I'm sure St Helens would love to have a player of his calibre. An excellent point.

Forgive my ignorance, what's arse n all?
Just being flippant about Arsenal as a place for him to try out for EPL after his wonderful contributions to Gridiron and Fiji Rugby 7's and his possible move to French Rugby.

Gareth67

First Grade
If Hayne did not possess such a huge ego , and there's no denying that his does , then he most certainly would be an excellent buy , for any club .

However , there has been times when I have seen him run towards the crowd , flapping his arms like a bluudy big duck , and more or less saying to the fans " am I not the best ".

He gives me the impression that he believes that , he and he alone was responsible for the teams victory .

Sickening , there were another 12 players ( plus bench ) that created the victory . It is such a shame that he could not be a bit more modest , like some of our own greats of the past .

A very good player , but in my view , one where the team will always come second .

Crush

Coach
My top 5 most hated nrl players in no particular order
Jarrod Hayne
Cameron Smith
Paul Gallen
Jake Friend
Cooper Cronk

TomRedVRiver

Bench
If all of this talk is true about his behaviour at the Titans and his attitude to training, then I don't care how good you are, I do not want that sort of attitude at our club. As a player, no matter who you are, you do not seperate yourself from the rest of the playing group or claim to be at the top of some sort of hierarchy. This mentality about "let him do what he wants if he wins you games" is f**king ridiculous. Players on his sort of salary with his stature in the game should be leading, not sitting on the sidelines playing with his nipples while everyone else trains their ass off. It's such an egotistical mindset and at the back end of his career, he's yet to show anything for it this massive head he seems to be carrying on his shoulders.
However If he's willing to change his attitude and take a pay cut, I would have him not gonna lie.
Tedesco is clearly the better target though.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
There was a rumour circulating that we were after a fullback hence wanting to shift Dugan to the centres.
I can now tell you who the fullback is.
We have had chats with Hayne...
If Widdop is not resigned and Dugan accepts the money on offer then its Hayne we are looking at for the fullback position.
Yes yes its all just hear say at the moment... nothing to suggest its for sure....
Its just a little whisper i had dropped in front of me
And sorry, but as im saying its just a rumour atm i wont be dropping who the source is that mentioned that, hope u boys can respect that.
It was even mentioned that Hayne might be released before june 30 and if we land him Widdop will also be free to leave as he has some interest in him (ESL).
Again, nothing 100%, but its obviously been spoken about within the club (maybe in depth maybe only briefly) but non the less spoken about.
Just letting u boys know.

Hopefully things don't change at the last minute like they did with Des Hasler.................

Vinnie

Juniors
Parts of 2 Fox Sports articles on the dragons below:
- "Aitken recently extend his deal until the end of 2020 and the club has already factored exciting NYC backs Reuben Garrick and Patrick Herbert into their plans for 2018 and 2019.
But Lafai, Milne, Levi Dodd, Kalifa Faifai Loa, Yaw Kiti Glymin, Kurt Mann, Jason Nightingale, and Izaac Thompson are all off-contract.
Dugan’s decision will have an impact on most of these men."

- "Although he's been bred as a half, St George Illawarra view Field as their next No. 1 – and that applies regardless of whether or not they re-sign Josh Dugan."

I think its almost a given that most of the above named including Milne and Mann are gone and fears are that Dufty may need to go as well !!! as Masters is probably more in favor than him as well. Looks like it will probably be Aitken and Dugan in the centres if he stays.

But i ask with all this talent why the hell would we spend massive dollars on Hayne who would probably decide to trial for ice hockey or something or other next and meanwhile we have let great young talent GO !!

JDHD

Juniors
I wouldn't take him. He's 28, he's already talking about heading to French rugby, and his first press conference for the Titans last year was spent talking about how he only signed with Gold Coast because the eels didn't want him.

We've got Field and Dufty, who could both play at 1 or 6 for us next year. We're fine.

Latest posts