What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Las Vegas Thread

MugaB

Coach
Agree has to be in Vegas, it has the setup and the tourist strip area is quite connected and small. Not spread out like LA.
LA is a total hole, San Deigo on the other hand is a great place, one of the only places in California that would work, but not as good as LV, but a lot smaller in terms of entertainment, i went there about a decade ago on a night out (as we were on a stop over flight in LA, but coz that was boring we drove down to SanDeigo) had a blast.

They had the baseball on "the Padres" and there was folks all over the main st that led upto to that stadium it was insane and much like a street party, Americans are great fun on the turps, us Aussies were play fighting, much like the broncos dumb scuffle few weeks back, they loved it, and our banter, thought we were entertainment actually.

I'm sure they"d be more cities around the U.S that could hold and event like this, but Vegas really is the place to be in terms of that magic round feeling you'd get when you party in Brisbane, plus you have other entertainment not just the sports and gambling

Last edited:
431030140_950592283091956_2362288746043794779_n.jpg

shewi6

Juniors
NRL 2024 Las Vegas: People from 24 countries across the globe have purchased tickets to Allegiant Stadium
Fans from across the globe will flock to the NRL’s history making double-header in the USA on Sunday. PETER BADEL reveals just how many countries fans have come from to be in Vegas.

It’s official. The NRL has conquered the world.

This masthead can reveal a staggering 24 countries from four continents will be represented in the NRL’s history-making double-header blockbuster in Las Vegas on Sunday.

ARL Commission boss Peter V’landys initially copped some brickbats when he last year announced bold plans for the NRL to launch the 2024 season overseas to capitalise on America’s broadcast-and-gaming market.

But V’landys’ vision has been emphatically vindicated by a global influx of rugby league fans who will descend on Vegas’ 65,000-capacity Allegiant Stadium from just about every corner of the globe.

While more than 14,000 Australians have made the trek to America’s gaming capital, interest in the NRL’s inaugural premiership fixtures in Las Vegas has gone global.

Fans from rugby league’s traditional markets – Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and England – will be there, but NRL chiefs have been left stunned by ticket purchases from far-flung regions they never envisaged.

League fans from war-torn Afghanistan will be in America to watch the Roosters-Broncos, Souths-Manly double header.

NRL ticketing records show fans have bought seats for the Vegas double header from the US, Canada and Mexico in North America, as well as Jamaica, the Cayman Islands and Bermuda in the Caribbean.

Scores of British supporters have touched down in Vegas, but tickets have also been snapped up by residents living in Ireland, Germany, Netherlands, Austria, Spain and Luxembourg.

The fan fest on Friday underlined the league fever gripping Vegas, with more than 5000 fans flocking to Fremont Street for a footballing festival that has become the NRL’s closest thing to soccer’s World Cup.

V’landys said he never imagined being globally recognised as he walked down the streets of Vegas.

“We’ve had sales from around the world,” he said.

“The other day a fan from Jamaica called out and I thought they must have mistaken me for somebody else, but they were talking to me.

“They said they had come here to watch the game in Vegas.

“I’ve also been greeted by a group of 50 people from France.

“Rugby league has taken over Vegas, but not just Australians, they have come from all around the world.

“It’s extraordinary.”

The NRL’s Vegas tentacles also extend to the Asian market.

Asia’s gaming equivalent of Vegas, Macau, will be represented, while NRL devotees from Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and the United Arab Emirates will be part of rugby league’s American odyssey.

“I must admit I never expected this level of interest,” V’landys said.

“I didn’t expect to get so many supporters from overseas.

“We were hoping we would get 10,000 and we have had a lot more than that.

“It’s awoken me to the fact that rugby league is a worldwide game, we have a global audience and that’s what this game is about, to tap into this worldwide audience.

“In years to come, this will be the event. This can be a world game, it’s not a game for Australia, people from around the world.”

V’landys has attracted his share of criticism for rolling the dice. Detractors believe the Vegas experiment is an overhyped gimmick and a needless waste of NRL funding, but it is understood the code’s initial foray to America will not be financially crippling.

The NRL expects to lose around $1-2 million on the event, but V’landys is confident that, with global support, the Vegas venture will break even in the coming years.

More than 40,000 tickets have been sold and the final crowd figure at Allegiant could exceed 45,000 by kick off.

“We have already sold $3 million worth of tickets, so this Vegas venture has not been as expensive as some people think,” V’landys said.

“We won’t have the full financial outcome until the event is over.

“We won’t break even this year, but we will in the years to come.

“This is an investment to make revenue and we will make major revenue in the years to come, but you have some major start-up costs to build the foundations.

“This will only get bigger and better. Naturally, you learn a lot from your first one and next year we want to make it bigger and better.

“We will make it an international event.”

LEAGUE OF NATIONS
Tickets sold for NRL's Las Vegas double header by country

OCEANIA
Australia
New Zealand
Papua New Guinea

NORTH AMERICA
United States
Canada
Jamaica
Cayman Islands
Mexico
Bermuda

EUROPE
United Kingdom
France
Ireland
Germany
Netherlands
Austria
Spain
Luxembourg

ASIA
Macau
Hong Kong
Singapore
Malaysia
Thailand
Afghanistan
United Arab Emirates

taste2taste

Juniors
NRL 2024 Las Vegas: People from 24 countries across the globe have purchased tickets to Allegiant Stadium
Fans from across the globe will flock to the NRL’s history making double-header in the USA on Sunday. PETER BADEL reveals just how many countries fans have come from to be in Vegas.

It’s official. The NRL has conquered the world.

This masthead can reveal a staggering 24 countries from four continents will be represented in the NRL’s history-making double-header blockbuster in Las Vegas on Sunday.

ARL Commission boss Peter V’landys initially copped some brickbats when he last year announced bold plans for the NRL to launch the 2024 season overseas to capitalise on America’s broadcast-and-gaming market.

But V’landys’ vision has been emphatically vindicated by a global influx of rugby league fans who will descend on Vegas’ 65,000-capacity Allegiant Stadium from just about every corner of the globe.

While more than 14,000 Australians have made the trek to America’s gaming capital, interest in the NRL’s inaugural premiership fixtures in Las Vegas has gone global.

Fans from rugby league’s traditional markets – Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and England – will be there, but NRL chiefs have been left stunned by ticket purchases from far-flung regions they never envisaged.

League fans from war-torn Afghanistan will be in America to watch the Roosters-Broncos, Souths-Manly double header.

NRL ticketing records show fans have bought seats for the Vegas double header from the US, Canada and Mexico in North America, as well as Jamaica, the Cayman Islands and Bermuda in the Caribbean.

Scores of British supporters have touched down in Vegas, but tickets have also been snapped up by residents living in Ireland, Germany, Netherlands, Austria, Spain and Luxembourg.

The fan fest on Friday underlined the league fever gripping Vegas, with more than 5000 fans flocking to Fremont Street for a footballing festival that has become the NRL’s closest thing to soccer’s World Cup.

V’landys said he never imagined being globally recognised as he walked down the streets of Vegas.

“We’ve had sales from around the world,” he said.

“The other day a fan from Jamaica called out and I thought they must have mistaken me for somebody else, but they were talking to me.

“They said they had come here to watch the game in Vegas.

“I’ve also been greeted by a group of 50 people from France.

“Rugby league has taken over Vegas, but not just Australians, they have come from all around the world.

“It’s extraordinary.”

The NRL’s Vegas tentacles also extend to the Asian market.

Asia’s gaming equivalent of Vegas, Macau, will be represented, while NRL devotees from Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and the United Arab Emirates will be part of rugby league’s American odyssey.

“I must admit I never expected this level of interest,” V’landys said.

“I didn’t expect to get so many supporters from overseas.

“We were hoping we would get 10,000 and we have had a lot more than that.

“It’s awoken me to the fact that rugby league is a worldwide game, we have a global audience and that’s what this game is about, to tap into this worldwide audience.

“In years to come, this will be the event. This can be a world game, it’s not a game for Australia, people from around the world.”

V’landys has attracted his share of criticism for rolling the dice. Detractors believe the Vegas experiment is an overhyped gimmick and a needless waste of NRL funding, but it is understood the code’s initial foray to America will not be financially crippling.

The NRL expects to lose around $1-2 million on the event, but V’landys is confident that, with global support, the Vegas venture will break even in the coming years.

More than 40,000 tickets have been sold and the final crowd figure at Allegiant could exceed 45,000 by kick off.

“We have already sold $3 million worth of tickets, so this Vegas venture has not been as expensive as some people think,” V’landys said.

“We won’t have the full financial outcome until the event is over.

“We won’t break even this year, but we will in the years to come.

“This is an investment to make revenue and we will make major revenue in the years to come, but you have some major start-up costs to build the foundations.

“This will only get bigger and better. Naturally, you learn a lot from your first one and next year we want to make it bigger and better.

“We will make it an international event.”

LEAGUE OF NATIONS
Tickets sold for NRL's Las Vegas double header by country

OCEANIA
Australia
New Zealand
Papua New Guinea

NORTH AMERICA
United States
Canada
Jamaica
Cayman Islands
Mexico
Bermuda

EUROPE
United Kingdom
France
Ireland
Germany
Netherlands
Austria
Spain
Luxembourg

ASIA
Macau
Hong Kong
Singapore
Malaysia
Thailand
Afghanistan
United Arab Emirates
About 6 months ago Abdo said the NRL is the world's premier Rugby competition and needs to start capitalising on international broadcast rights.

He's right, we are and we need to.

Iamback

Coach
Big day has come.

Naysayers look a bit dummy stupid dummy but you'll always have them. We are the envy of every sport in Australia.

And most importantly it's pissed off the sleeveless AFL morons. Go bounce your sherrin in the corner losers.

Are you forgetting the hundreds of people they will have flock into Their Sydney kick off next week?