What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The meaning of a Cronulla premiership

Griffoshark66

First Grade
What would a Cronulla premiership mean for rugby league? When Souths won it a few years ago, I was sad because it broke a long string of failure for that club and made Russell Crowe happy.
That feeling that I felt for Souths would be nothing compared to if Cronulla won it. A Cronulla premiership would be the worst result in the history of sport. All of those stories about Cronulla failure would just fly away in the dust. Rugby league would lose some of this rich tradition and be poorer for it.
Melbourne or Canberra, please save world sport!!!!!
Stopped reading after three words as I was too busy celebrating. Go f**k yourself. Up up.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
well i hope the media lap this up, as the fairy tail story it is..

and ffs sharks, be open to the idea, enjoy the week, let the media in to all training sessions, let the players talk.. you are the only sydney side left, become inclusive, ffs

Doomednow

Bench
Tbh honest the Cowboys popping their cherry last year and then the Sharks doing it this year would be pretty nice. Would make the Warriors look pretty awful though.

But also, if they fail it will be fun sticking the boot in ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

davi

Juniors
It was mentioned last night during the Football the last Grand Final they made was in Superleague 1997. To be honest that team made it by default, if it was a joint competition I really doubt the Sharks would have made it to the Grand final if Manly and Newcastle were playing in the same comp.

Last edited:

The_Shield

Juniors
I'd have no problem with the sharks winning the comp. I just don't want them to win while Paul Gallen is there

Meth

Staff member
It's really hard not to dislike some of the Sharks players at the moment- Gallen, Ennis, Fifita and others. But watching last night, it's really hard to not feel a sense of warmth towards the Sharks faithful. And that's who it's about, really, isn't it? The fans. The long suffering fans. Warriors fans can relate...though not as much.

So, as of this moment, I'm on the Sharks bandwagon....unless the Raiders win tonight. But even if they do, then I don't think I could bring myself to begrudge a Sharks premiership.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Clear hierarchy. Canberra > Cronulla > Melbourne. I want the Raiders to win it all because they're the only likable team left. If Storm win today then it's going to be an ugly painful grand final and it will be a case of going for the slightly less horrible team, Cronulla.

gregstar

Referee
It is a great thing for their fans to finally enjoy.

My best friend, who was my best man & is also my business partner is a seriously devoted cronulla fan.
He has stuck with them through thick & thin since 1976. He has ridden all the highs & lows, unfortunately more lows. I have witnessed his devastation first hand & felt the pain that he has endured.

I for one have experienced the long wait. before 2010, I wore flares on the previous occasion that we had won the comp. my poor success-starved friend has never supped with glee upon a title - greg hartley stole his closest opportunity.

he rang me last night in pure ecstasy realising he finally had another opportunity. i could hear the tears of delight & the determination that this was the breakthrough year ending the wait.
he invited to his home for the decider next weekend & as a friend i gave the only reply one would expect from such a loyal colleague as myself;

get f*cked you jar of dick-snot.

Latest posts