What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Overreaction Cycle

1st & 10

Juniors
Crush
You are risk averse and comfortable in the stuff quo and believed we could get top 8.
Some believed top 8 was possible but a significant amount and potentially ongoing change would be required.
Same expectation different way to get there.
You believe in the Mary story and others are sceptical of it and despite the improvement YTD do not perceive it sustainable without further changes.
For some the expectation of top 8 is one thing, how we get there is another and where to from there the ultimate vision.
Your vision is merely top 8 and that rubs your tummy and you roll over and go to sleep.
For myself, if people rub my tummy it is merely foreplay and I get a hard on and want to go as far as I can.

Well said Old Timer.

I would like to add -
Bring back Roy Masters . He is the man, an old man but he is the man

That is the weirdest shit I have ever seen and from a person using the name old timer fmd thats not weird its f**king creepy.

BankstownDragon

Juniors
I'm going to cop a lot of flack for this post but I feel like it's necessary.

Some of you people are so f**king short-sighted it's ridiculous. Yes the team was abysmal today, they lost a game that they were probably expected to win. i'm angry, we're all angry, but i'm sick of seeing this ridiculous overreacting after almost every single loss.

So many people were happy to see the re-signing of Mary (granted, some weren't). Everyone wanted to keep Milne, to re-sign Mann and were right behind the team as they were charging through the competition and holding down a top 4 spot. Many believed that we were a genuine shot at the title this year.
Now, after a loss, as it happens every time, suddenly the Mary extension was a bad decision, losing Milne to another club was the right decision, we are now pretenders with no chance of winning the comp and this is apparently the start of our big slide out of the top 8.

f**king grow up, seriously. This is basically the equivalent of stamping your feet like a child after not getting something that you want.
Now I understand this isn't all of you, and maybe you need some time to calm down and come at this with a fresh perspective, but i've seen enough this year to know that this team has what it takes to be challenging in September. We had an off day against a team who rallied for each other and showed up to win (remember, they beat the Broncos after losing badly to Manly).

Let's just relax before you write the season off after one loss.

No mate we are not short sighted.

The weak appologists will be the end of this great club.

Acceptance of mediocracy.

OzDragon

Coach
panic-sp.gif

TomRedVRiver

Bench
No mate we are not short sighted.

The weak appologists will be the end of this great club.

Acceptance of mediocracy.

Don't sit on your high horse when you're talking about something in hindsight.

There is absolutely no 'acceptance' going on here. We're all a little concerned, as any club would be. But it's actually woe is me supporters like you who run this club into the ground.

Grow a set before you jump onto your computer and call someone weak.

j0nesy

Bench
No need for mass changes. We're playing a bit flat, pushing panicked passes and playing sideways. The boys need to find the passion they had for the first half a dozen rounds.

I do believe that the coach needs to have a think about his backline though. At the very least he should consider replacing positions, during the Origin period, rather than shuffling the backline.

Anyone would think KFFL was a world beater, Mary moves Nighty to fullback just to accommodate him. Simple option would be Dufty to fullback.

Milne (a centre) should not be on the bench, either play another forward or play a utility there.

Mccrone needs to be looked at, but perhaps wait until after Origin before considering replacing him, so as not to upset the team too much. I'd consider Mccrone as the bench utility.

gonz

Juniors
I'm going to cop a lot of flack for this post but I feel like it's necessary.

Some of you people are so f**king short-sighted it's ridiculous. Yes the team was abysmal today, they lost a game that they were probably expected to win. i'm angry, we're all angry, but i'm sick of seeing this ridiculous overreacting after almost every single loss.

So many people were happy to see the re-signing of Mary (granted, some weren't). Everyone wanted to keep Milne, to re-sign Mann and were right behind the team as they were charging through the competition and holding down a top 4 spot. Many believed that we were a genuine shot at the title this year.
Now, after a loss, as it happens every time, suddenly the Mary extension was a bad decision, losing Milne to another club was the right decision, we are now pretenders with no chance of winning the comp and this is apparently the start of our big slide out of the top 8.

f**king grow up, seriously. This is basically the equivalent of stamping your feet like a child after not getting something that you want.
Now I understand this isn't all of you, and maybe you need some time to calm down and come at this with a fresh perspective, but i've seen enough this year to know that this team has what it takes to be challenging in September. We had an off day against a team who rallied for each other and showed up to win (remember, they beat the Broncos after losing badly to Manly).

Let's just relax before you write the season off after one loss.

Champ are u sane ?
Who the fk would have said at the start of the yr we r a premiership threat?

Second what is it, some wanted super coach done didn't ?ake up your mind ?

You don't appear to have a long memory I coulda sworn last 4-5 yrs have been pretty shite ?

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Champ are u sane ?
Who the fk would have said at the start of the yr we r a premiership threat?

Second what is it, some wanted super coach done didn't ?ake up your mind ?

You don't appear to have a long memory I coulda sworn last 4-5 yrs have been pretty shite ?

I'm sorry, I can't take you seriously when you type like a 5 year old.

Disturbing but predictable today.

Forwards look fatigued.

The better sides have coaches who have devised plans to nullify our go forward.

We have no plan B.

No patience, no discipline.

Wingers were very poor today.

We will not make the 8 if McIdiot continues to play McCrone.

Every time Parra kicked the ball they found open space. Very poor kick returns on our part.

The wheels have fallen off. Batten down the hatches guys.

BankstownDragon

Juniors
Don't sit on your high horse when you're talking about something in hindsight.

There is absolutely no 'acceptance' going on here. We're all a little concerned, as any club would be. But it's actually woe is me supporters like you who run this club into the ground.

Grow a set before you jump onto your computer and call someone weak.

Wasnt in hindsight....I have have, as well as many many others, been critical for years and could see CLEARLY the writting in the wall.

Dont take the weak comment personally its a generic statement: its weak to accept the shit this club dishes out year in year out.
I almost think whenever someone defends the club and its performance in the last 5 years is either involved or working for club or just blind.

No need for mass changes. We're playing a bit flat, pushing panicked passes and playing sideways. The boys need to find the passion they had for the first half a dozen rounds.

I do believe that the coach needs to have a think about his backline though. At the very least he should consider replacing positions, during the Origin period, rather than shuffling the backline.

Anyone would think KFFL was a world beater, Mary moves Nighty to fullback just to accommodate him. Simple option would be Dufty to fullback.

Milne (a centre) should not be on the bench, either play another forward or play a utility there.

Mccrone needs to be looked at, but perhaps wait until after Origin before considering replacing him, so as not to upset the team too much. I'd consider Mccrone as the bench utility.
For what its worth...
Dufty to fullback, Nightingale back to the wing, Dugan to centre, Mann to the halves.
Bench should include Field as an x-factor.
We hardly use the 4th bench option anyway so nothing to lose.
At least that line up will give us some more strike power, get McCrone out of the picture and make us more of a threat.
Milne is going next year so shouldn't be playing FG anyway. I have no idea why he was selected today.
The game plan needs work.
The forwards need to run hard and straight.
These second man plays out the back are soooo predictable, they pose no threat.
Widdop needs to straighten up his game otherwise this trend will just continue.
Packer ran for only 54m today...terrible.
Finally, extending McGregor prematurely was a diabolical decision.
He is and never was, a FG coach.

gonz

Juniors
For what its worth...
Dufty to fullback, Nightingale back to the wing, Dugan to centre, Mann to the halves.
At least that line up will give us some more strike power, get McCrone out of the picture and make us more of a threat.
Milne is going next year so shouldn't be playing FG anyway. I have no idea why he was selected today.
Some here apparently were thinking premiership this year!
Fk all I know is anyone with smarts knew last week and this week were certain losses due to the coach ! That's not hindsight either

Disturbing but predictable today.

Forwards look fatigued.

The better sides have coaches who have devised plans to nullify our go forward.

We have no plan B.

No patience, no discipline.

Wingers were very poor today.

We will not make the 8 if McIdiot continues to play McCrone.

Every time Parra kicked the ball they found open space. Very poor kick returns on our part.

The wheels have fallen off. Batten down the hatches guys.
For me, the most damning point you make is about the wingers.
KFFl taped up like a mummy brought into the team to take over from Nightingale.
So we weaken one position to cover another.
If ever there was an opportunity to play Dufty, it was today.
McDonald was also ordinary but someone needs to tell him to run straight - he is a proven metre eater and should play to his strengths.
Finally, our kicking game continues to be diabolical and Norman really showed us up today.
We will never win close games without a decent kicking game.
I think we have the cattle (if you include the youngsters) to do really well but the coach is out of his depth.

gonz

Juniors
For what its worth...
Packer is a myth !

Where was sims today ?

Old Timer

Coach
I think the trend is pretty obvious.
Back to crabbing across field, no kicking game and a coach who is out of his depth.
FFS what's all the whinging and whining about.
We're running 6th and have massively overachieved.
Nobody expected us to be here at this point in the season and we have a soft draw for the rest of the season Knights x 2 and Titans x 2 plus a bye.
Thought I should post that before someone else does.
Now that I have got that bull shit out of the way it is crystal clear we are absolutely clueless when things don't go our way and anybody that thinks we are going to be better of without Dugan needs to see a brain surgeon without delay.
Mc Fookknuckle is like a cuckoo egg that was placed in the nest and it is now hatched and pushed all the other little birds out of the nest and mummy and daddy (our beloved board and CEO) are going to continue to feed the big ugly sucker.