What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Overreaction Cycle

epDragon62

First Grade
The crab nbr 1 is Widdop.

When losing u need your nbr1 playmaker to step up Widdop ends up running in circles.

Ie, see Moylan last week down by 8 with 4 to go
Widdop seemed to straighten and wake up when McCrone got hooked. The balance has gone in that pairing.
Widdop at 7 and Mann at 6 looks a good option.

saintm

Juniors
For me, the most damning point you make is about the wingers.
KFFl taped up like a mummy brought into the team to take over from Nightingale.
So we weaken one position to cover another.
If ever there was an opportunity to play Dufty, it was today.
McDonald was also ordinary but someone needs to tell him to run straight - he is a proven metre eater and should play to his strengths.
Finally, our kicking game continues to be diabolical and Norman really showed us up today.
We will never win close games without a decent kicking game.
I think we have the cattle (if you include the youngsters) to do really well but the coach is out of his depth.
With Mc Noidea there for the next two years Dufty has no chance.

I guess it's still an overreaction now?
It has never been an overreaction if you take the last two seasons into account.
Exactly the same thing is happening again this year.
The apologists have said all along how well we're doing quoting 1st place on the table and then 3rd place and last week after the dogs, 4th place and how happy we should be and it was only one bad game etc.
Well now we are now equal 7th with the Eels, Cowboys and Panthers all on the up.
This has been on the cards for a number of weeks now.
We may well beat Newcastle next week but if the Titans get some troops back, we will struggle against them.
Then fast forward to the last three rounds.
If we need competition points to make the finals or we are in a similar position to where we are today, we have to face the Broncos, Penrith and Canterbury last three games.
Mary's press conference was deja vu - quoting stats and rationalizing the result.
I have no confidence whatsoever that he can turn things around.

Old Timer

Coach
It has never been an overreaction if you take the last two seasons into account.
The apologists have said all along how well we're doing quoting 1st place on the table and then 3rd place and last week after the dogs, 4th place and how happy we should be and it was only one bad game etc.
Well now we are now equal 7th with the Eels, Cowboys and Panthers all on the up.
We may well beat Newcastle next week but if the Titans get some troops back, we will struggle against them.
If we need competition points to make the finals or we are in a similar position to where we are today, we have to face the Broncos, Penrith and Canterbury last three games.
Mary's press conference was deja vu - quoting stats and rationalizing the result.
Oh he can turn it around alright
At the beginning of the year all those on the Mary band waggon were
"Oh when the Saints go marching in"
now we have
"To the rear march"

Life's Good

Coach
I was no apologist. More a realist that if Mary survived last year then we had to accept he was here for this year. I was optimistic after the first few rounds and like many expected a few changes along the way eg. bench selections/rotation etc. would be a good place to focus as we seemed to have the basic right - running hard, playing direct and the like. Unfortunately, Mary just hasn't kept pace with other teams who have worked out that we have pretty much a single style of play because we are handicapped in the halves. As much as our forwards bust a gut up the middle and create space it falls apart with a poor kicking game that doesn't even earn us repeat sets. No wonder the forward are gassed. Mary isn't going anywhere so we live in hope he wakes the f**k and starts doing what he seems incapable of doing - making some much needed change.

Old Timer

Coach
Anyone see which bus Objective View caught?
With a bit of luck we can all get on it because he is looking very much a winner with his prediction.
For all the things some people might have not liked about him he was true to his word, made a call and followed through.
What is allowed to happen to and at our club is nothing short of diabolical.
No matter how staunch a supporter you might be stomaching this load of tripe is well above and beyond the call of duty.
Starting to feel sorry for Hunt even before he gets here because whilst Mc Fookknuckle is at the helm he has Buckley's and none of winning a premiership or seeing higher rep honours.

Hunt will turn the club around in 2018 with the help of Widdop and our forwards.

Between Mann/Dufty and Field we will adequately cover full back.

McCrone has no speed and passes a mile before the line. Consequently our outside backs are shaking hands with the opposition defence as the ball reaches them.

Mann, Dufty and Field are all very elusive. Field and Dufty in particular have blistering speed.

We need one top line prop to make us a force.

Yes, yes my glass is still half full !!!!!!!!!!!!