What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Problem

Jono078

Referee
Hodkinson has 1 try assist in 5 games this year. That is so shit for a halfback and a senior member of our spine.

Even Lamb has 4 I believe.

slotmachine

First Grade
Lamb: 4 try assists, 3 line break assists
Barnett: 2 try assists, 1 line break assist
Sione: 2 try assists, 2 line break assists
Hodko: 1 try assist, 1 line break assist

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Hahaha... to reference Seinfeld I think the Knights come from the Bizaro world, or at least some kind of third dimension.

We just don't do things like a normal team should, here's a few examples:

When we're coming out of our own end our backs do all the work, then when we're attacking the line all of our plays are just short balls or flat balls to a forward and the backs don't see the ball at all.

Our only rep player is playing on the right edge so naturally we only ever seem to attack down the left instead.

Our back row does all the ball playing and we have a halfback who is allergic to kicking.

When we do get back into a game and have a chance to kick a field goal our halfback runs it on the last instead.

I'm quite dumbfounded by some of the stuff we do in games.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
He's no world beater at this stage in his career but Benji put on a performance today in the Queensland Cup. Did leave the field with wrist/shoulder complaint.

He turned down a reasonable sounding offer from the Dragons (300k iirc) to go to Brisbane for peanuts. Might be regretting it now that it looks like he will see limited first grade time? Although he had to know that going in. Experienced guy with a decent kicking game, serviceable running game and good playmaking skills.

At the very least, signing any semi competent half, even if they sit in ISC for a bit, should motivate our halves. You would hope. Just has to conform to Brown's signing criteria I suppose, and I would assume we would be paying at least 300k+ for a year of Benji so that could be touch and go.
2 things regarding Benji

1. He was playing Qld Cup at fullback for a team who dominate through their fonwards against a team who are struggling to come good

2. He broke his wrist and will be out for a long time

Add in the fact that I believe Benji is done at the end of this year too

We should be looking elsewhere

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I agree with the above assessment, the fact that St. George opted not to re-sign him and go with an untested rookie instead (until he got injured pre-season) tells you enough imo.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Hodkinson once again not good enough. Does nothing when we are in the opposition red zone and barely kicking the ball

I reckon Sione and Pete have kicked it more than what he has this year. Barnett too

His only decent attribute this year has been the sideline conversions and Lamb showed against the Titans he can nail them too

Hopefully we can get a decent half (Foran, Reynolds, Widdop or SJ) for next year and we send him to Super League a year early

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Back rowers kicking for touch on the 5th is 100% the game plan.

Whether that is brown making the game plan to save hokko's knees, or just a brown game plan for another reason I don't know.

Spot On

Coach
I'm a better halfback than Hodko and I never played halfback.

May I say that you're a better halfback Glendale.

f**k, am I going too far saying Daniel Mortimer and possibly a 38 year old Sean Rudder would make better 7's than Trent?

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Wow we're playing the cowboys next week? Considering their injury problems we might have a shot at winning this one.

Although on second thought their forwards will dominate ours so we'll probably spend most of the game defending our goal line.