What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rd 1 thread: Raiders @ Manly *Team named*

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
What did you guys think of Chalk. I thought he was ordinary but Pearce thought he went well. I thought he cost us atleast the first couple of tries from kicks.

Withers was horrible, we looked better with dunemann on. Carney's kicking game was average, didnt run much either. Our backline, no one imparticular stood out from being a steaming pile. Purtell good defensively but very very slow.

I really can't find to much of a positive from it all in terms of player performance. I was mightily disappointed with the forwards where i thought we would have it over the eagles.

When it came down to it, Eagles were without there two best backrowers (menzies, watmough), a first grade centre, and had walking wounded through out the whole match and we just didnt look like getting anywhere near them.

Anyway, i think we'll still win a few this year and could well press for the 8. Maybe the boys didnt handle the wet well or gel properly, but its a very very long season.

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
GC_Gladiator said:
What did you guys think of Chalk. I thought he was ordinary but Pearce thought he went well. I thought he cost us atleast the first couple of tries from kicks.

I thought that he played well, WHEN HE WAS WITHIN COOEE OF THE BLOODY BALL! He simply does not know how to play fulback - he was constantly out of position tonight and it showed.

Chalk's a fair player, and an in a pretty average backline should press hard for a position, but it should be in the centres and absolutely not fullback.

Spike

First Grade
Raider Azz said:
MSIH you are a f**king idiot, and it will be our pleasure to watch the raiders smash your terrible excuse for a team this weekend.

I'm pretty sure the Raiders failed to smash Manly lol

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
On chalk... his been training to play second row all off season hasn't he? Its being harsh on him i know but he isn't a fullback. I want to see zilly play but from what i've heard he has some of the positional issues as well.

Bronx Goodwin will be back eventually but your putting alot of pressure on two young blokes to fill a very tough position.

I wouldn't mind seeing carney have a run in the centres some time later in the season if its gone and we start to try things. Very early days yet.

aussies1st

Staff member
We were making school boy errors, throwing forward passes that didn't need to be thrown, knocking on simple catches, giving away silly penalties and some of the early kicks were poor.

Dobson showed good organisation skills and his kicking game improved as the match went on. Carney was quiet, kicking game wasn't on song apart from that no try and didn't really take it to the line.

Chalk was very good at defusing the bomb and made some good runs, his positional play was extremely poor though cost us about 3-4 tries.

Tilse did jack all apart from give away silly penalties, still needs to learn to put more effort into his runs. Miller was a work horse like usual and Logan made some good runs.

Withers was he even on the field? He was the worst hooker I've seen this weekend, took no dummy half kicks, didn't run it to the line and just plain quiet.

edabomb

First Grade
This followed last seasons trend. The majority of fans heap praise on the side named and we lose.

I reckon y'all get stuck into Henry for the side he names next weekend.

edabomb

First Grade
Aye are people from NSW called sheep shaggers now too? Unlucky Jed, always knew you were a bit too preoccupied with sheep though.

Macko8

Juniors
lol i didnt know spick or speck whatever his name is was from nsw???
ohhhhhhhh wellington nsw....i didnt see nsw there.

For your information edabomb no people from nsw aint sheep rooters.