What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Road to the Finals

WithTheDawn

Juniors
A win will get them through regardless ? as they'll jump either the sixth-placed Storm or the eight-placed Broncos, who play each other on Friday night ? while if the Eels lose and the Broncos go down by eight points or more against the Storm, even a loss will see the Kiwi side advance to the finals provided they can better Brisbane's points differential which is currently seven higher than their own.

Was happy when I saw this earlier...finally! Can't believe how thick so many of these "experts" are at something fairly simple!

Anyway, big advantage if the Broncos get destroyed tonight - we will all be watching the Raiders game closely if that happens. 30+ loss would be great :).

Blair

Coach
Was happy when I saw this earlier...finally! Can't believe how thick so many of these "experts" are at something fairly simple!

Anyway, big advantage if the Broncos get destroyed tonight - we will all be watching the Raiders game closely if that happens. 30+ loss would be great :).

It is unreal isn't it?

I was talking to good people today, mates who know their RL, but they looked at me blankly when I said the Warriors will be in the finals if they win on Sunday.

TheDMC

Bench
Ryan Hoffman was immense...big game player, looking forward to seeing him at the wazziers

It is unreal isn't it?

I was talking to good people today, mates who know their RL, but they looked at me blankly when I said the Warriors will be in the finals if they win on Sunday.

Add Freddy to the mix, in his post match chat with Parker " you are currently sitting in 8th place."
Wrong!
9th

And just backed it up with Alex Glenn.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
So in by 3 points differential!
Can take a 2 point loss and still make the 8.

That will mean a last play Soward field goal to break an 18-all deadlock won't hurt so much.

Hang on, this depends on the Eels losing.

And Fittler tonight post-game interviewing Corey Parker and telling him 'bad luck tonight, but you're still in the eight'. He just repeated it to Alex Glenn (?).

Are the Warriors completely anonymous?

Last edited:
That will mean a last play Soward field goal to break an 18-all deadlock won't hurt so much.

Hang on, this depends on the Eels losing.

Forgot about eels who will most likely win!
OK back to we win we are in!
7:30 tomorrow night we will know for sure what is needed!

WithTheDawn

Juniors
The slightest bit of breathing room potentially - but yes, it would rely on the Eels absolutely bombing it and losing again. Knowing they will only need one other result to go their way, SURELY they will turn up against the lowly Raiders. Still, it means we can cheer for the Raiders tomorrow, and it would be nice to have a little 2 point buffer if that happens. Really though, focus should be on just winning the game, of course.

Anyway, back in the 8! First time we have been in the 8 part way through round 26 for a few years...

Meth

Staff member
Eels v Canberra in Canberra is not a sure thing. The Raiders are probably playing the best they have this season at the moment.

JJ

Immortal
Playing teams performing at schoolboy level has made Canberra look competent imo

The real question is whether the Eels can perform under pressure away - they're a bit like us and the Cowboys (well, worse than us) in that regard. Their performance at Auckland could be blamed on missing key players, the one at Newcastle less so (but the Knight have given a few pretenders reality checks at Newcastle)

TheDMC

Bench
I'm not a gambling man but a lazy $10 on both the Panthers and Broncos might be worth a nudge.

Broncos 100-1 and with both Warriors and Parra quite likely to lose, Broncos could well be in the 8...
Panthers 19-1 and with a win over us, a team that just doesn't go away has top 4 spot and home matches/2 bites of the cherry.

Can someone stick a bet on the above for me, too lazy, sort you out later...

Latest posts